SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 4 January 2019, 10:31
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV View Post
I saw no propaganda. What a weird, clunky line to draw.

As for the movie, I thought it was terrible. Really boring backdrop of a theme that is never explained by the end.
The nerdy black guy explained it...
Old 4 January 2019, 10:34
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwelder View Post
I really wish I could disagree with you here. But there is such a blatant agenda at work, that once you see the world through their eyes (the progressive left), you cannot help but notice it. It's like the early movies of M Night Shyamalan, once it was obvious that he liked to throw in a massive plot twist in those earlier movies, you stopped paying attention to the earlier parts of the movie and spent the entire time looking and guessing on what and where the plot twist is. And as DD mentioned, it essentially removes your ability to immerse yourself in the story. That isn't racist or insecure, it is just the intelligent part of your brain telling you this isn't what it says it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEjkWb2mqdE

The link above is to a HUGE Star Wars nerd, who like many others, is livid with the new set of movies. His youtube channel is basically him piece by piece dissecting the nonsense of the new movies. The guy is not a racist, nor politically motivated (as far as I have seen), just a huge fan who calls out the devolution of female characters and good story telling in the link I provided.

I liked Birdbox...…..I thought it was an upgrade to The Happening.....and overall was better than some of the other stuff out there. The darker parts of me would have immediately smoke checked the fat chick and the psycho she let in as soon as it happened, but to be fair, most of the cast were idiots. I thought the cast was more or less what DD alluded too.....because it is the New Standard in films. Here is another example of that agenda creeping through...…

I have seen the previews for Welcome to Marwen and was at first curious, but then it looked like they were trying too hard to pull at the audiences heart strings with the usual clichés. I then actually looked up what the movie and the real event it is based on was about.

The movie description as from Wikipedia: " follows the true story of Mark Hogancamp, a man struggling with PTSD who, after having his memory erased from being physically assaulted by white supremacists,[6] creates a fictional village to ease his trauma"

The real event that happened: "The reality is that Hogancamp – after serving his time in the Navy – became a drunkard. His wife left him and he would consume up to two liters of alcohol a day. During one visit to a bar, the New York native began drinking with five other German-American fellows, for whom they bonded over Nazi jokes. The men got on well with Hogancamp until he blurted out the one thing that crossed the line for the young men: he liked to cross-dress in women nylons and heels.
The young men hated this fact; waited for him outside the bar and then beat him into a pulp when Hogancamp stepped outside.
They didn’t hate Jews, they hated cross-dresses."

So there you have it.....the movie was changed from the truth (which is weird and unique) to a simple narrative of, "If you do not accept crossdressers (trans)…...you are a Nazi."

I am glad Welcome to Marwen is bombing in the box office.
Well if you beat cross dressers to a pulp for no reason other than you don’t like them yes, you might be a Nazi...
Old 4 January 2019, 10:55
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Well if you beat cross dressers to a pulp for no reason other than you don’t like them yes, you might be a Nazi...
Assholes....monsters.....criminals......possible homophobes....yes. But the movie went with the literal tag of “Nazis”. Hogancamp himself was sharing those types of jokes with said individuals before the attack. So......why change part of the story instead of making a movie about the full incident?

Back to Birdbox........I actually thought Malkovich did a good job of being a relatable asshole, instead of the usual two dimensional type. Also I liked that Tom (Bullock’s love interest) wasn’t the usual PTSD riddled vet, but actually a believably decent person. Birdbox wasn’t great, but it was decent enough to pass a couple hours watching.
Old 4 January 2019, 12:04
Been There Done That

This movie was okay. I saw some SJW undertones but they don't really take away from the story - which is actually very boring at times.

Why there is so much discussion about an average movie is beyond me. Y'all must be bored.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I’m attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 4 January 2019, 12:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwelder View Post
Assholes....monsters.....criminals......possible homophobes....yes. But the movie went with the literal tag of “Nazis”. Hogancamp himself was sharing those types of jokes with said individuals before the attack. So......why change part of the story instead of making a movie about the full incident?

Back to Birdbox........I actually thought Malkovich did a good job of being a relatable asshole, instead of the usual two dimensional type. Also I liked that Tom (Bullock’s love interest) wasn’t the usual PTSD riddled vet, but actually a believably decent person. Birdbox wasn’t great, but it was decent enough to pass a couple hours watching.
Second part: agreed.

First part? The producers probably figured it would sell better. There’s never been a movie made about a real event that wasn’t changed to ensure a larger audience.

DD obviously Malkovich the actor. If you’re correct he must be just some stupid half retarded nitwit playing into the hands of the evil Netflix anti white agenda because he, the person, is apparently very right wing as I stated, and he signed on to be in this movie which makes him part of the nefarious plot against the West. Right?

You bring up movies from the seventies and early 80s as an example of non forced natural diversity. Well society has changed since then. Honest. Just on its own.

And as far as Star Wars what was natural about one black guy in the entire universe?

You are right. I did skim that dudes video because he’s a butt hurt racist mad there are minorities in movies and I’m too busy to listen to an hour of a snowflake ignoring Occam’s razor and gong scene by scene counting skin tone.

As before: dude has a lot of kook videos and a ton of “14 Words” followers. That tells me enough about his messaging. Dude is claiming Netflix makes his wife and kids hate him? Maybe if he would get out of the basement listening to a bigot on YouTube and liking “88” comments his family wouldn’t think he was a dipshit. Maybe.

Last edited by KidA; 4 January 2019 at 12:13.
Old 4 January 2019, 12:30
Another pool cleaner

The theme, as I interpret it, is the only way to survive is to be blind.
Old 4 January 2019, 12:43
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post

Y'all must be bored.
Government shutdown.
Old 4 January 2019, 12:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
The theme, as I interpret it, is the only way to survive is to be blind.
There is an analogy in this statement.
Old 4 January 2019, 12:48
Confirmed User

Quote:
Your last post
Just to clarify on my end.....

1) My initial post was more of an acknowledgement of DD's point that there is a underlying attempt to push a narrative from the progressive left. I don't believe it is an all encompassing conspiracy, but that does not refute the fact that there is an concerted effort to push these ideas, even at the sacrifice of the quality of the story being told. Or for that matter, the reality that encompasses our society and world.

2) In regards to the video DD posted, all I can say is that there is an ocean of those channels, with the comments typically being crazy and often embodying the worst. Identity Politics and its invasiveness has seeped into everything nowadays. One of the reasons I despise it. It appeals to our worst side.

Back on topic...….Spoiler ahead:

You would think that even though Sandra Bullock made it to the sanctuary, that they would still realize that there are still the "corrupted" people out there who they still need to defend against. I get the point is to end on a high note, but it might have helped sell the illusion of safety more if there appeared to be more of a defense against those who are corrupted at the sanctuary, other than a door. Haha.
Old 4 January 2019, 13:55
A Texan in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Any titties?
Yes, but very brief and from the side. You'll have to rewind it to catch it...
Old 4 January 2019, 17:36
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
There isn’t any.

Not unless you’re a “woe is me, the poor white male, angry at the world, let me try to invent subtleties that don’t actually exist” type.

Apparently the fact that there are minorities in movies is triggering now. People make entire videos pointing it out.

If you don’t see their outrage then you’re an idiot foil. Or something.

The flick was fun and decent and suspenseful, as others who have seen it have said.

Or we are pawns, propagandize to make you watch a movie and accept an evil anti white guy agenda ...
Sorry, I failed to make myself clear. Yes, I have not seen the movie. The story doesn't sound interesting to me and there aren't any actors in it that I want to see on the big screen.

My point wasn't the movie, it was this thread. I don't want to see a movie and have to worry about subtext. I want a good story, or good acting, or lots of action, or robots blowing up shit. I've never walked out of a movie wishing there was more social justice or political stuff. The fact that I have to look out for that just makes me want to go to the movies even less than I do now.
Old 4 January 2019, 18:32
Calculating Infinity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
Sorry, I failed to make myself clear. Yes, I have not seen the movie. .
Then why are you here, in this thread, Gay Rhino?
Old 4 January 2019, 18:36
Calculating Infinity...

I thought it was a decent flick, had no idea that it was a controversial propoganda piece, until I saw it here.
Old 4 January 2019, 18:41
giving you a number

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
The fact that the people were so fucking stupid made ME want to gouge my eyes out.
But that's what makes horror movies so watchable. People doing stupid shit that would make most of us say "Not only no, but f'ng no, nope"

"Hey, I've got a good idea, let's open the Book of the Dead and recite a few lines!"
Old 4 January 2019, 18:51
Authorized Personnel

Thought it was a good movie. Well acted, decent enough plot and it was free.

ETA: there was one line that good be considered SJW or liberalish and that is John Malkovitch character says “ “making the end of the world great again”, I thought it was a great line and even gave A little chuckle. Didn’t think it was a liberal plot though

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 7 January 2019, 07:53
Confirmed User

Liked it, but I do have one question. I'm sure the bad guys had radios and not just main character. So why didn't the bad guys raid the sanctuary? I couldn't overcome this part.

"When policemen break the law, then there isn't any law - just a fight for survival." - Billy Jack
Old 7 January 2019, 12:25
Been There Done That

I'd give it a solid C+ maybe a B-, worth a watch if your bored. I thought the characters were believable, the deployed soldiers wife was fat, annoying and pregnant.

One nut in the ground!

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
Old 7 January 2019, 22:31
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
And I don't know how hard-up some of you guys are, but Sandra looked ROUGH in this one. Like Charlize in "Monster".
LOL. You must be either a lot younger or a lot gayer than I thought. Either way that statement is objectively incorrect.
Old 8 January 2019, 08:01
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
The nerdy black guy explained it...
Poorly, at best. If this movie wasn't on Netflix, I would be pissed if I paid to watch it in a theater.

If I draw my own conclusions about the story, it's way cooler. The message being to trust in what you believe in and remain blind to what others are telling you to look at. Trust those closest to you and don't get lulled into what may be outside. Also, the whole, you have what you need right in front of you, don't think the grass is greener on the other side. Hunker down, do what you need to do, and don't get distracted.

See, I made the movie cooler. The writer's didn't at all.
Old 8 January 2019, 09:38
Cry havoc

This movie sucked. Nothing redeeming whatsoever.

Spoiler Alerts...

Although, I compliment them on making people afraid of wind, leaves and shadows. Low budget perfection. Let’s see how many ways we can kill this multicultural group.

The subtext propaganda was in full force for sure, but when is it not? Whatevs.

Regardless, it just sucked.

I actually saw the preview weeks ago, passed on it and forgot about it. My kid, wife and other retards started talking about it as it went viral so we watched it...immediately I realized it was the movie I had passed on...

One of the reasons it sucked is it was just so fucking predictable. Whether you think there was propaganda or not is really immaterial. As I said, nothing out of Hollywood is without it IMHO. It doesn’t stop me from enjoying most movies.

Mad white guy.
Cool black guy.
Sullen disaffected artist.
Annoying stupid Midwest type fat chick.
Worried Sister.
Grandma
Tattoo dude and chick

I mean the list goes on, it was just stupid and amazingly predictable. Tired old crap.

The ONLY thing I liked was how she spoke to the kids before getting on the river, that was refreshing.

Two eyes from the east.

Our new posting rules