SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET - The Special Operations Community Network > Legacy > Medal of Honor

Old 29 November 2011, 15:08
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soot
Be interesting to see how the latest installment of the Sgt. Dakota Meyer saga shakes out.
I agree. I'm surprised at BAE's actions, even if they are true (based on recent comments, I'm not going to be surprised if it is shown that Sgt Meyer has some of the issues mentioned -- although I certainly have not seen anything that demos evidence that he does, either).

No, to Me, the interesting issue is BAE and just simple HR practices. Really? You gonna put yourself out there in writing and block someone from getting a job elsewhere? Wow. I see blood in the water for a solid HR-focused lawyer. Of course, BAE might be of the opinion that their being a Brit company insulates them from lawsuits. Or that their ties to DC lobbyists protect them. Maybe. Sgt Meyer has certainly given them some ability to sway a jury -- ASSuming that it ever got to such a state.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Oh, and Sgt Meyer was correct to wonder aloud at why we are selling the fucking Pakis anything more technologically advanced than dirt....
Old 29 November 2011, 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Oh, and Sgt Meyer was correct to wonder aloud at why we are selling the fucking Pakis anything more technologically advanced than dirt....
Yeah, I agree.

And it's pretty clear that Sgt. Meyer marches to the beat of his own drum so even if it isn't standard corporate SOP I'm not surprised to see that he did.

But it seems like he made his objections, got blown off, pushed his objections, got blown off, and then decided to end his association with the company.

The article doesn't state, and at no point has it come to my attention (via the media), that Sgt. Meyer made his dissatisfaction with the policy known outside of the company (i.e. he wasn't publicly talking shit about BAE).

Seems kind of harsh for BAE to do what they did.

If the guy was a complete non-performer I could maybe see them saying, "Hey, you may wanna steer clear of the guy", but to go on the record stating that he's "mentally unstable and a problem drinker"?

You got more than an HR manager/first-line supervisor's opinion on that? Like maybe a psychiatrist's/psycologist's diagnosis?

I see BAE settling for $$$.

Last edited by Soot; 29 November 2011 at 16:15.
Old 29 November 2011, 16:16
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soot
I see BAE settling for $$$.
Ditto....
Old 29 November 2011, 18:22
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
No, to Me, the interesting issue is BAE and just simple HR practices. Really? You gonna put yourself out there in writing and block someone from getting a job elsewhere? Wow. I see blood in the water for a solid HR-focused lawyer. Of course, BAE might be of the opinion that their being a Brit company insulates them from lawsuits.
I predict this will be settled out of court, although you are correct, the bigger and more troubling issue is the sale of this restricted technology to Pakistan.
Old 29 November 2011, 20:01
Administrator

Please take any discussion about BAE selling equipment to Pakistan and the lawsuit to the Lounge thread.
Old 30 November 2011, 19:09
"We're all bad in someone's story...."

Thumbs up Roger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Please take any discussion about BAE selling equipment to Pakistan and the lawsuit to the Lounge thread.
Stay safe.
#BoycottAnheuser-Busch

Our new posting rules