SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 25 May 2020, 01:27
Confirmed User

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/louisv...a5c80c570.html

The Chief is on his way out.
Old 25 May 2020, 04:16
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowzers View Post
18C4V, thanks for the explanation. On your other point when you mention CA and CO and narcotics decriminalization, are you referencing pot or have they quit enforcing any narcotics?
Yes on the first and pretty much on the second, especially if it's a sanctuary city within a sanctuary state. It's been going in my city probably over 10 years now, maybe even longer.
Old 25 May 2020, 04:38
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestboy View Post
This x 10.

I'd like a good reason why the quoted steps are not a reasonable expectation...
For the same reason, different service components have different uniform requirement, different policies and regulations.

Why should I care what Inject what ever city and state PD/SO is doing when my city has as policy and procedure in effect that works. Shit...the 9th Circuit is in my city, that should tell you how restrictive LE is in my city. In fact, my PD doesn't have Tasers, but our SO does, but that's another topic to debate.

I can't even remember the last time a bad guy shot at a officer at a plain clothes officer or at any police officer in a search warrant...why because, we have to do a complex risk assessment that has to be blessed off by our chain of command. Sort of like the military, certain commanders can sign of on low, medium and high risk training or level 0-3 conops.
Old 25 May 2020, 11:33
Confirmed User

Several agencies I am familiar with are required to complete an ops plan prior to a search warrant. I had read that LMPD has a matrix that depending on the score determines go or calling our a tactical unit. Some agencies are no longer doing dynamic entries on drug search warrants bur rather calling people out over the PA.
Old 25 May 2020, 14:16
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Body/Helmet cams should be mandatory for all warrants, then the Grand Jury can decide if they were clearly identifiable as LE before the homeowner fired - if not, no charges.
I'd add to this that there needs to be a separate camera operator recording the breach crew. That way you get a wider perspective to go along with the body cams.
Old 25 May 2020, 14:36
BTDT

It seems like American citizens aren't allowed to employ the cop TTP of "whatever it takes to come home safe"
...on even the resting safe in their home TTP for that matter.

The joys of consequence free governance
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 1 June 2020, 17:26
Confirmed User

There was a shooting this morning by LMPD and KYNG and no body camera footage was available. The Chief who was forced out and leaving at the end of June was summarily fired today.
Old 1 June 2020, 20:32
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRS7963 View Post
Several agencies I am familiar with are required to complete an ops plan prior to a search warrant. I had read that LMPD has a matrix that depending on the score determines go or calling our a tactical unit. Some agencies are no longer doing dynamic entries on drug search warrants bur rather calling people out over the PA.
The old Ops Plan

WHO, What, When, Where. & Why, How it going to be done.

STEP BY STEP
Old 2 June 2020, 03:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
It seems like American citizens aren't allowed to employ the cop TTP of "whatever it takes to come home safe"
...on even the resting safe in their home TTP for that matter.

The joys of consequence free governance
No kidding. Read through the thread and links, good grief.
Old 2 June 2020, 03:33
BTDT

Lets not forget the Duncan Lemp raid in Maryland - .gov being real cagey about releasing info - FPC still on the case, since it was firearms related.

WHO lauds lockdown-ignoring Sweden as a ‘model’ for countries going forward.

By Jackie Salo, NY Post

April 29, 2020 | 3:24pm

Next...

Old 6 June 2020, 01:18
Confirmed User

I hope both the submitter and reviewer were very thorough. This one will be reviewed probably all the way up to the USA in DC.

Our new posting rules