Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 24 October 2017, 08:51
Old and Grumpy

If you like the "Vikings", check out the "Last Kingdom" on Netflix. Every bit as good from the same era in history.
Old 24 October 2017, 10:26
Life is simple, not easy.

The Last Kingdom is very good. Waiting for S3.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 29 October 2017, 12:50
Moderator Weapons & H2H

The real Rollo is my 33rd Great Grandfather...He and Ragnar were not even related...Ragnar and Auslag are my 31st Great Grandparents...My Mother is a genealogy scholar and told me about this, so then I had her give me the whole family tree and it's pretty damn interesting.

Rock

What people think about me is none of my business!

Thai Boxing: The sweetest science....The most brutal fighting sport in the world...Few men are cutout for it.
So for those who are not there is always Jiu-Jitsu.

YEMX
Old 29 October 2017, 14:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTROCK View Post
The real Rollo is my 33rd Great Grandfather...He and Ragnar were not even related...Ragnar and Auslag are my 31st Great Grandparents...My Mother is a genealogy scholar and told me about this, so then I had her give me the whole family tree and it's pretty damn interesting.

Rock
Why am i not surprised!!!

I hope you're well Brother!
Old 31 October 2017, 00:05
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTROCK View Post

Rock
If you descend through Bjrn Ironside, his great (x3) grandson was Eric the Victorious, who married Sigurd the Haughty (a hoot in her own right!), and their granddaughter married Yaroslav, son of (St.) Vladimir of Kiev, which opens up whole Kievan Rus angle.

Nice the meet you, cousin! We sprang forth from the loins of some truly magnificent SOBs...
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 1 November 2017, 05:45
Psalm 91:2

Vikings starts 11/29! Yehaw!

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 3 November 2017, 12:00
Moderator Weapons & H2H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrifle View Post
If you descend through Bjrn Ironside, his great (x3) grandson was Eric the Victorious, who married Sigurd the Haughty (a hoot in her own right!), and their granddaughter married Yaroslav, son of (St.) Vladimir of Kiev, which opens up whole Kievan Rus angle.

Nice the meet you, cousin! We sprang forth from the loins of some truly magnificent SOBs...
I will check on which relative ,hopefully Bjorn, I descended through. Very very interesting History indeed...Pleasure to meet you as well cousin!

Rock

What people think about me is none of my business!

Thai Boxing: The sweetest science....The most brutal fighting sport in the world...Few men are cutout for it.
So for those who are not there is always Jiu-Jitsu.

YEMX
Old 3 December 2017, 09:45
Confirmed User

Even though Ragnar and King Ecbert are no longer with us, I really enjoyed the premier and like where the show is headed. I admit when they killed Ragnar, I wondered if his sons would be able to carry the show, but they seem up to the task.

I’m sure Bishop Heahmund will be banging King Aethelwulf’s wife before long.

Last edited by TennesseeDave; 3 December 2017 at 09:50. Reason: Spelling
Old 3 December 2017, 13:16
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Ragnar will be showing up in some kind of visions/flashback scenes I'll bet. And nothing improves ratings like a bloodthirsty Bishop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrifle View Post

I'll bet "Talk Like a Viking" day is a pretty special day for you and SGTROCK.
Old 7 December 2017, 00:40
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
...I'll bet "Talk Like a Viking" day is a pretty special day for you and SGTROCK.
Lo! Every day is special for All-Far's boys!
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes

Our new posting rules