SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 27 January 2013, 11:17
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshot View Post

In 1991 I was given a copy of the "Cosmic Patriot Files" before it was ever put in book form. If you want your fill of conspiracies to include the Philadelphia Experiment/Montauk Project, then I suggest getting a copy. Put on the tin foil hat, magnetic shoes, and sit back with your favorite glass of Kool-aid and enjoy. The copy I got was left on my bunk and I never found out who put it there.
Another book in the same vein is "Behold A Pale Horse" by Milton William Cooper...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 27 January 2013, 11:26
Confirmed User

A lot of theories about Sandy Hook/Newtown with the supposed "crisis actors" that appear at separate, unrelated events; the seeming lack of genuine grief; the 2nd gunman taken into custody that no one's heard from or seen; Lanza's death cert showing he died on the 13th, the day prior to the shooting.

Here's a site devoted to conspiracy theories. There's a lot of whack shit but a ton of "breaking" news and more that you won't find in the MSM. You'll need a filter of sorts...
Old 27 January 2013, 11:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Personally, I've always been interested in the truth behind the JFK/RFK/MLK/Malcolm X assassinations...
One of the more interesting theories I read regarding the assassination of JFK was a two-shooter theory involving Lee Harvey Oswald; and JFK's Secret Service detail.

Basically, Oswald made the first shot as described. The supposed second shot actually came from an agent near the rear of the column when he did his part of the immediate action drill to evacuate. He 'flagged' JFK with the muzzle, while moving around on a vehicle, with his finger on the trigger, and made a negligent discharge. The round traveled the length on the motorcade and hit President Kennedy.

As conspiracy theories go, this one answers some of the bigger questions about the event. I can totally believe an ND occurring during a high-stress event; because I had to investigate a few NDs involving serious injury or death.

I'm willing to bet that SS drills involving close-quarter-battle, reaction to ambushes and weapons handling back then was very primitive even compared with today's Infantry drills 50 years later.
Old 27 January 2013, 11:44
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
The copy I got was left on my bunk and I never found out who put it there.
The government put it there, man!

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 27 January 2013, 11:51
Voodoo guru

This may be part conspiracy theory, part academic exercise considering the changing landscape of warfare in our day and age... I can see asking the question considering that some in our midst may be a part of some sort of terrorist cell. Troops could potentially have to accept word from higher up that certain citizens really are terrorists.

What about the question that was asked in 1995 to Marines, and then again recently apparently, about the willingness of our troops to fire upon American citizens?

Mix up the reality that our government considers veterans, some law enforcement types and Constitutionlists as threats...Throw in a good dash of paranoia, backed up by invasive policies (NDAA, etc), DHS buying up billions of rounds of hollow points, "FEMA camps", CONUS drones, and the onslaught on the 2nd Amendment; you have a juicy theory playing out in real time.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW

Last edited by chokeu2; 27 January 2013 at 11:53. Reason: additional info
Old 27 January 2013, 12:13
Isiah 52:13-53:12

I read my first "conspiracy" book titled, "The Unseen hand" by Ralph Epperson, a University of Arizona historian. Which was followed by Carrol Quigley books all concerning the shenanigans of the Illuminati, the Knights Templar, Freemasonry, the Occults, Council of Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission and more... fascinating reads that certainly plant seeds of doubt to the official history.
On another note, just the life and works of Nikoli Tesla and the secrets and conspiracies that ensued from his works (i.e... HAARP and the Philadelphia Experiment.
Truth be told... i love all this conspiracy stuff. A good filter has always been just thorough research. i don't buy all of it. But alot of it makes more sense than the whitewashed official versions.
Great thread... hope it has longevity.
X

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

A little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back. -Francis Bacon
Old 27 January 2013, 12:50
Confirmed User

Another one that comes to mind out there is TWA Flt 800.

I knew a guy whose cousin was a Navy diver who participated in the recovery and told him that the wreckage indicated that the fuel tank explosion theory didn't make sense. Said that explosion went inward, not outward as claimed.
Old 27 January 2013, 12:52
<3>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
No particular reason, but I find that to be very cool....
In retrospect, so did I after reading through it. The fact it was left anonymously on my bunk is my favorite conspiracy of all. It is definitely worth the read IMO if nothing more than food for thought. Everything in it was backed up with document references in the glossary, as for the validity of the documentation, I didn't get that far into it to go doing a bunch of research.
Old 27 January 2013, 12:56
Lost to PTSD AUG 2014 RIP Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post
And this reminded me of Korean Air Lines flight 007 which was shot down by the Soviets. Zero survivors were reported, but then other reports say that there were many survivors including Congressman Mcdonald. - Former John Birch Society President.

Some say there are still survivors out there,...
Old 27 January 2013, 13:05
<3>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Another book in the same vein is "Behold A Pale Horse" by Milton William Cooper...
Yeah, but the author of the Patriot Files is named Commander X, which must make it more real. I had to look it up, I knew it sounded familiar. I started reading that a couple of years after Patriot Files and never got to finish due to my youth and a world full of chicks to conquer. I have yet to finish both.
Old 27 January 2013, 13:07
Been There Done That

Quote:
That one was pretty good- but I think the most reasonable and comprehensive exploration of global conspiracy was "Rule By Secrecy" by Jim Maars. Although Maars has come out with a lot of really off the wall shit, mainly involving UFOs, I though this expose on the occult connections to many powerful secret societies and other political groups to be very interesting.
19 Oct 2017
Old 27 January 2013, 13:07
Voodoo guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post

I knew a guy whose cousin was a Navy diver who participated in the recovery and told him that the wreckage indicated that the fuel tank explosion theory didn't make sense. Said that explosion went inward, not outward as claimed.
My dad is an investigator for an airline and concurs with what that diver said.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 27 January 2013, 13:13
<3>

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
That one was pretty good- but I think the most reasonable and comprehensive exploration of global conspiracy was "Rule By Secrecy" by Jim Maars. Although Maars has come out with a lot of really off the wall shit, mainly involving UFOs, I though this expose on the occult connections to many powerful secret societies and other political groups to be very interesting.
Any mention of Nancy Reagan? There use to be a bunch of crap floating around about her and the occult.
Old 27 January 2013, 13:13
Confirmed User

The Manchurian candidate, Oh wait that is not a conspiracy it's already happening.
Old 27 January 2013, 13:32
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Any mention of Nancy Reagan? There use to be a bunch of crap floating around about her and the occult.
The book "The Literary Spy" has a quote or two regarding Nancy Regan and astrology. Apparently President Regan would consult the CIA and astrology charts through Nancy when planning things.

One example was nuclear negotiations with the USSR.

-Stan

All my life I wanted to go up in society. Where everything higher was legal, straight. But the higher I go, the more crooked it becomes. Where the hell does it end? -- Michael Corleone

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? -- Mark 8:36 KJV

Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were going all the way. -- Captain Willard
Old 27 January 2013, 13:57
Firearm Industry Vagabond

Conspiracy theories are, for the most part, based on truths or unexplainable avoidance of information. For example, the conspiracies behind,say, the Bin Laden raid, could all be dispelled if basic information was made public, as it always has been.

Anyway, I only say that because I've found behind most conspiracy theories is a simple effort to expose someone who is trying to pull the wool on us.

Theories I believe have merit.

- Americans are being fed garbage to keep them fat, worthless, slow, and complacent. Resistance to change is fought by things like overtaxing produce farmers, overtaxing fresh food outlets, basically taxing alternatives out of existence. Indoctrinating into people since before the first grade that the .gov will tell you what to eat, because its good for you, while really it's killing you. Look at things like banning home lunches, for example...

- Cancer research is a scam, probably the most profitable one ever. It is built on the premise that it will create billions of dollars until the minute a cure is found, and those who are getting rich off the idea are the ones who control the progress.

- Big pharm exists to make us sick. Every drug has a side effect to get you on another drug. Simple solutions that worked for ages, like "you're fat, you need to exercise, change your life drastically" are now replaced with medicines, terms, excuses, and demands for accommodations while the "diseased" rot away. Every day they stay sick is worth $$$.

- I won't discount, at this point, any theories that certain disasters are fabricated or made worse by political parties and "elected" officials. The efforts made in the name of those disasters that could benefit those interested parties are worth, when you enter their mentality, a few dozen lives here or there. For example, 26 lives is a drop in the bucket if it kicks off the ability to reduce resistance. It's peanuts to those who see their citizenship as having no value.

Completely off topic, but that stupid Montauk Monster is like that weird thing they found in NH when I was a teenager. It smelled like rotten death and would stalk us through the woods. One night it followed us home and scratched at the walls and shit, circling the house. Killed a bunch of dogs and stuff too. Weird that they found the body and immediately knew it was another species but never really developed on it from there...

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 27 January 2013, 14:05
Confirmed User

Quote:
The same was said of Mrs. Lincoln during the Late Unpleasantness....
Old 27 January 2013, 14:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
Your four common sense bullet points....
  1. We should eat fresh food whenever possible. Stay out of the middle isles of the grocery store. Make the circle around the outer edge. Everything else is junk.
  2. Cancer research is big business. If good stuff did not come out of it, I'd be in 100% agreement with you.
  3. Big Pharm is a joke. I've watched two relatives quickly deteriorate once being placed on cholesterol meds. Dementia quickly ensued. My personal experience with Flomax had mixed results - sure I could piss freely, but then I could not take a dump. WTF? The bio-chemical processes that these drugs manipulate have negative effects on other areas of the body.
  4. My trust of anything .gov has waned to the point that I can grasp at the fact .gov will take any advantage it can get. Any crisis will do.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Im attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 27 January 2013, 15:46
Squelch

When ever I'm not too tired I like coast to coast AM with George Noorey on the radio. Sometimes its conspiracy stuff, sometimes biblical, sometimes government, Sometimes just talking about recent discoveries by NASA etc...

Good for entertainment and making you think. Some of it is complete bullshit, but some of it makes you think about it for awhile.
Old 27 January 2013, 15:57
On the Extract Bird

When it comes to conspiracies, I find the JFK murder plot to be one of the best.

Take away the fact that he was president, and treat it like any other homicide. The one person that keeps coming back to the forefront of the investigation is LBJ.

He stood to gain the most politically, personally, and financially.

He personally appointed the members of the Warren Commission.

He is one of the few with means, motive, opportunity, and the ability to derail any federal investigation after the fact...

Our new posting rules