SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 27 January 2013, 16:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
...I've watched two relatives quickly deteriorate once being placed on cholesterol meds. Dementia quickly ensued....
Statins, I suppose? Getting away from the conspiracy stuff for a moment, have a look at Dr. Duane Graveline's site: http://www.spacedoc.com/ . He has some exceedingly scathing things to say about those drugs, and for the very reasons you cite.
Old 27 January 2013, 17:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS-G View Post
Statins, I suppose? Getting away from the conspiracy stuff for a moment, have a look at Dr. Duane Graveline's site: http://www.spacedoc.com/ . He has some exceedingly scathing things to say about those drugs, and for the very reasons you cite.
Thanks. There is quite a bit of info out there. Statins are terrible drugs IMHO. It is all about the $$$$.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I’m attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 27 January 2013, 18:22
Confirmed User

Google Dulce Mountain or Phil Schneider. I swear this is where the idea for Cowboys and Aliens originated.
Old 27 January 2013, 18:28
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
One of the more interesting theories I read regarding the assassination of JFK was a two-shooter theory involving Lee Harvey Oswald; and JFK's Secret Service detail.
That theory is the subject of the book Mortal Error by Bonar Menninger. The weapon was the then new AR-15.
Old 27 January 2013, 18:44
Been There Done That

Although I long ago grew weary of JFK assassination speculation, I like E. Howard Hunt for the shot from the Grassy Knoll.

Who later on was told to bungle the Watergate break-in to bring down Nixon. Taping the locks? Really? Who does that?

Maybe the Illuminati is really altruistic, and just had to get rid of these two Presidents before they wound up nuking the shit out of the planet with their bungling.
19 Oct 2017
Old 27 January 2013, 18:57
Lost to PTSD AUG 2014 RIP Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Although I long ago grew weary of JFK assassination speculation, I like E. Howard Hunt for the shot from the Grassy Knoll.

Who later on was told to bungle the Watergate break-in to bring down Nixon. Taping the locks? Really? Who does that?

Maybe the Illuminati is really altruistic, and just had to get rid of these two Presidents before they wound up nuking the shit out of the planet with their bungling.
I'm probably going to watch Dark Legacy tonight on Flix. This is the description:
Quote:
The death of JFK is viewed from another angle in this film that introduces George H.W. Bush as a key player in the assassination plot and cover-up.
Could be interesting or dumb,..it got 4.5 stars. I will report back. I've largely taken the stance that L.H.O. acted alone just because of where he received the training on how to effectively down targets with a rifle.
Old 27 January 2013, 18:58
Confirmed User

Wouldn't surprise me if the CIA blasted Ted Kaczynski with LSD so hard that he went to Pluto. I don't think they intended for him to declare war on the machines, but too much weird shit happened to someone who was literally a genius.
Old 27 January 2013, 19:03

Fuck it. I'll throw my hat in this ring.

Regarding all the firings of top-level commanders recently, I humbly submit:
http://www.infowars.com/nobel-peace-...n-us-citizens/
Old 27 January 2013, 19:19
Russian Tycoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post

Well, if this is not true, it is certainly not far from it. We already have an FBI director who is not sure whether targeted killing is legal on the American soil. What can one expect?
Old 27 January 2013, 19:30
Lost to PTSD AUG 2014 RIP Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post

This was brought up earlier in the thread. The poster also said the question was asked to Marines in 1995. That was my time and I don't recall getting asked that. Was that your time as well? Do you ever remember anything like that being asked? I'm not saying it wasn't asked I just don't remember.
Old 27 January 2013, 19:43
Been There Done That

Quote:

Quote:
Well, if this is not true, it is certainly not far from it. We already have an FBI director who is not sure whether targeted killing is legal on the American soil. What can one expect?
Far be it from me to throw cold water on any kind of discourse- but I'd really like this thread not to wind up getting locked. Maybe we should stay away from current event kind of stuff having to do with the current POTUS and his administration.

I'd prefer we stick to "fun" conspiracy theories, that won't create problems or whatnot.

Here's a good example of another "fun" one:

Operation "High Jump". In 1947, the U.S. Navy under Admiral Byrd sent a flotilla to Antarctica. Why?

Quote:
In 1943, German Navy Grand Admiral Karl Doenitz stated that the German submarine fleet had “built for the Führer an impregnable fortress at the other end of the world,” in the region of Queen Maude’s Land, later renamed Neuschwabenland

According to German naval archives, two months after Germany surrendered to the Allies in April, 1945, the German submarine U-530 left the Port of Kiel bound for Antarctica. Once the submarine arrived at the South Pole, 16 members of its crew were ordered to construct an ice cave in the region of Neuschwabenland. When construction was complete, several boxes of relics from the Third Reich, including Hitler’s secret files, were supposedly stored there. The sub then entered the Argentinean port of Mar-del-Plata and surrendered to authorities. It is also rumored that the submarine U-977 delivered the remains of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun to Neuschwabenland, for DNA cloning purposes. In August, 1945, one month and seven days after the surrender of U-530, U-977 also entered the waters of Mar-del-Plata and surrendered to authorities.

In 1946, U.S. Navy Admiral Marc A. Mitscher appointed Captain Richard H. Cruzen as commander of Operation Highjump, whose purported purpose was to map the frozen continent of Antarctica while looking for uranium deposits in the region. But several conspiracy researchers assert that they were actually looking for the underground Nazi base that supposedly warehoused German treasure and Hitler’s DNA.

Cruzen had expeditionary experience in Antarctica, having served with Rear Admiral Richard Byrd on the U.S. Antarctic Service Expedition from 1939 to 1941. In 1947, Operation Highjump commenced as part of the U.S. Naval Antarctic Developments Project.

Mapping or Reconnaissance

Operation Highjump commenced as part of the U.S. Naval Antarctic Developments Project, organized by Secretary of the Navy James Forrestal. The task force consisted of over 40 ships, including two destroyer class vessels and the aircraft carrier the U.S.S. Philippine Sea, and a number of planes that were outfitted with a trimetricon (a secret spying camera), a magnetometer (to record any magnetic anomalies), and the recently developed jet-assist takeoff bottles (JATO) which helped with takeoffs from the short runway on an aircraft carrier or for takeoffs on hard surfaces such as ice.

According to government documents, members of Operation Highjump took over 70,000 aerial photographs of select inland areas of Antarctica. Yet most of the photographs were declared unusable for mapping purposes, due to the dearth of adequate ground control points (cartographers need these points when creating maps).

It has been long thought by researchers that the Navy’s mapping story was nothing more than a cover to shield the real operation, which was reconnaissance and recovery of Nazi/Alien hybrid technology. It was also rumored that abandoned Nazi buildings and a downed Nazi plane was photographed, but this rumor has never been substantiated.

In 1947, Admiral Richard Byrd said, “the project was necessary for the USA to take defensive actions against enemy fighters which come from the polar regions.” Was he referring to potential Soviet aircraft or Nazi Luftwaffe attacking the States from Antarctica? He never clarified this cryptic statement, which has only served to fuel further conspiracy theories.

Shortly after Admiral Byrd’s press conference the Soviet naval journal, Red Fleet, stated that “US measures in Antarctica testify that American military circles are seeking to subject the Polar Regions to control and create permanent bases for their armed forces.” In another odd twist, the governments of New Zealand, Australia and Chile asked for their militaries to join the Operation Highjump expedition but were denied participation. Official government sources say the US was doing nothing more than mapping the frozen continent, though looking for uranium deposits seems to have been on the agenda as well. While others insist they were looking for the underground Nazi base that warehoused German Vril flying discs known as flugscheiben and Thule mercury-powered spaceship prototypes also known as jenseitsflugmaschines.

In 1948, a second task force named Operation Windmill was also sent to take photographs of Neuschwabenland, again supposedly for mapping purposes. Although they apparently succeeded in their task, the government has yet to make these photos available to the public and no reason has ever been given for their nondisclosure. Some believe that the reason the photos have never been released is that this military operation was actually a reconnaissance and recovery mission.

In 1949, when James Forrestal began to suffer from a mental breakdown, he was sent to convalesce at Bethesda Naval Hospital. But when he began to discuss Operation Highjump with the hospital staff, talking wildly about UFOs, Atlantis, and an underground Nazi city, he was denied visitors, including his wife. Shortly afterwards, he fell out of his hospital window to his death. The official report said that he committed suicide but persistent rumors say that he was murdered by government agents to keep him from talking further about what was really found in the Antarctica wilderness during Operation Highjump.
Great story. The only part I believe, though, is that they threw Forrestal out of the top floor of the hospital. But that was for other reasons...
19 Oct 2017
Old 27 January 2013, 19:44
Russian Tycoon

M06, my bad, did not mean to derail.
Old 27 January 2013, 19:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock View Post
Thanks for that link. I think it needs it's own thread to be honest.

wtf is going on with the executive branch?
Old 27 January 2013, 19:50

Here's one of the ones frequently cited.....it's got all the wonderful conspiracy buzzwords in there. Elite culling the herd. Of course, every morning I leave for work on I10 in Houston....I start praying "they" start the culling soon.

Agenda 21:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ty4YfMu0u4
Old 27 January 2013, 20:13
Authorized Personnel

Energy technology suppression.

Invent some game changing thing and become a target.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_energy_suppression

-Stan

All my life I wanted to go up in society. Where everything higher was legal, straight. But the higher I go, the more crooked it becomes. Where the hell does it end? -- Michael Corleone

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? -- Mark 8:36 KJV

Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were going all the way. -- Captain Willard
Old 27 January 2013, 20:25
Voodoo guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtexan View Post
Thanks for that link. I think it needs it's own thread to be honest.

wtf is going on with the executive branch?
I almost did make the question it's own thread; but I did think it was a thing of conspiracy theory.

So, a new thread it is.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 27 January 2013, 20:43
Russian Tycoon

A relatively recent Russian conspiracy étude:

I strongly believe in the conspiracy theory that the Russian apartment bombings of 1999 were staged by the FSB so Putin could gain public support for the second war in Chechnya and win the Presidential elections.

The bombings resulted in 293 lost lives and over 600 people getting injured. The conspiracy theory emerged when the last attempted bombing was stopped by a neighborhood watcher group. The bomb was diffused by the local police and two days later the FSB issued a statement calling the incident a test exercise. Given the political climate in the country, many people immediately thought that the FSB planted the other bombs so the Russian people focus their energy on hating the Chechen extremists and pay less attention at the manner how Putin came to power. Of course, terrorists were found and swiftly killed; a few accomplices were jailed. No independent investigation was conducted, although there were several parliamentary motions in its support. Two most vocal supporters of the FSB plot theory, Alexander Litvinenko and Anna Politkovskaya, died under rather "unusual" circumstances. As many of you know, Litvinenko got poisoned; Politkovskaya's murder occurred on Putin's birthday and rumor says that the contract killing was a birthday gift to the Dear Leader. Anna was a brilliant and brave journalist, who tirelessly investigated the bombings as well as other "conspiracy theories" attributed to the FSB and Putin government.
Old 28 January 2013, 00:48
Confirmed User

"State of Fear" by Michael Crichton is a good book revealing how there is always a "bogey-man" that the Govt and media focus on. The Cold War, Terrorism, Climate Change, etc, and how stupid people use it to make themselves popular. MSM fans the flames as it sells papers / air time, and big business fans the flames as they can make a buck out of it. And this goes back a couple of centuries at least.

In this age of internet and social media I don't know if conspiracies, (the real ones), are easier to reveal or just become lost in the absolute deluge of information that is available now.

Since more information is available in a daily newspaper now than one average person was exposed to in their entire lives 100 years ago, it makes sorting through the bullshit a lot more difficult.

I've seen / heard ghosts, been exposed to some things that 99.9999999% of the local population have never heard of, and seen Govts intentionally hide their mistakes, but time travel and UFOs still elude me. I keep getting told those anal probes are to die for!
Old 28 January 2013, 02:21

Does DB Cooper count? I've always dug that story....

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/c...per/index.html
Old 28 January 2013, 07:12
Ne Obliviscaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey13 View Post
Does DB Cooper count? I've always dug that story....

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/c...per/index.html
There was a thread on him here a year or so ago. Pretty interesting.

Our new posting rules