SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 28 January 2013, 10:13
33,024 - R.I.P.

Not sure if this is conspiracy theory, or more of a historical re-write. I have been watching America Unearthed on The History Channel lately. There are some rather interesting thoeries brought to light to include:

The American Stonehenge - There is a stone astro-archaeological site in New Hampshire that dates back before the age of Cristobol Colon and the Viking explorers. A line can be ran through a global map, back through Stonhenge, England and ending in Beirut (the ancient home of the Phoenecians.

Ogam inscriptions (ancient Celtic written language) in the Southwestern US (The Anubis Cave), that also include "possible" heirogliphs of Egyptian Apis bulls. The incriptions date back to 300-500 A.D.

Copper plate found in MN, that has Norse inscriptions engraved upon it.

Pyramids in Georgia & Florida that have significant Mezo-American influence, and date to approximately the same time as the Mayan & Aztec empires.

There are several theories regarding all of the above that suggest North America may have indeed been populated by advanced ancient Europeans (Celts, Norse, Phoenicians etc.) long before Columbus. But, some of these sites have been considered off-limits to all but government archaeologists. Hmmmm?
Old 28 January 2013, 18:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
Copper plate found in MN, that has Norse inscriptions engraved upon it.
That was Erik the Awful trying to form his own religion. It had to wait a short while longer....

Quote:
There are several theories regarding all of the above that suggest North America may have indeed been populated by advanced ancient Europeans (Celts, Norse, Phoenicians etc.) long before Columbus. But, some of these sites have been considered off-limits to all but government archaeologists. Hmmmm?
Unfortunately for that hypothesis, all fossil DNA evidence recovered so far is more consistent with Native American populations, not European or Middle Eastern populations.

Before anyone gets off onto that tangent, BTW, the so-called "Lost Tribes" myth is exactly that: a myth.
Old 28 January 2013, 19:31
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS-G View Post
Unfortunately for that hypothesis, all fossil DNA evidence recovered so far is more consistent with Native American populations, not European or Middle Eastern populations.

Before anyone gets off onto that tangent, BTW, the so-called "Lost Tribes" myth is exactly that: a myth.
The Kennewick Man has some interesting heritage and although he was originally thought to be European, that has since been amended and they are leaning towards some sort of lost Asian culture.

The two gents mentioned in the article as the finders of the Kennewick Man came to me in the beer gardens of the Water Follies and brought me directly to the site for me to hold/inspect the skull (I called BS). His head rode on the back of my motorcycle in a Taco Bell box as we took it to the authorities. We originally intended to put him on our mantle until we wised up and decided he was likely a homicide victim. We were 19
Old 28 January 2013, 19:34
Confirmed User

Some of the more popular ones I've heard
1: Chem Trails
2: Weather manipulation (HARRP)
3: Pentagon Hit by missle instaed of Plane
4: Secret .gov super assasins
5: Hilter and the occult
6: No Humans on the moon
7: Human bases on the moon
8: Area 51 and Groom lake (Of course)
9: Illuminati and the one world gov (agenda 21 included)
10: Secret underground bases
11: Stargates are real

I read scifi all the time and when I dont have any to read I will hit the conspiracy sites for a good laugh. I will admit that when I was younger nad much more inpressionable I gave creedence to some of them, then I hit puberty :) Actually I was a little older than that. There are just tons of crap out there and people want to believe it. Why, I am not sure. Maybe they are scared, maybe they are just out there IDK.

I do work with one guy thats in his 50s that will believe anything that is writtenon any of the boards. In his opinion all military personnell are programmed through hypnosis to be able to follow orders and kill without hesitation. The President (thats controlled by the illuminati) has the word that will trigger all of us. This has to be true because he saw the interview with the soldier that did the mind programming, it was on youtube.

Some things that I do wander about are some of the videos from the shuttle missions, the one where you see the "speck" come to a full stop and do 180. Then something comes up from the earths atmosphere precisely where the speck had been.
Old 28 January 2013, 20:39
Ne Obliviscaris

I particularly like this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPMS6tGOACo
Old 28 January 2013, 20:50
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile0311 View Post
I particularly like this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPMS6tGOACo
"HEED, GET THE PAPER! Movin that gargantuan cranium aboot."
Old 28 January 2013, 20:52
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC View Post
The Kennewick Man has some interesting heritage and although he was originally thought to be European, that has since been amended and they are leaning towards some sort of lost Asian culture.
There are a couple of extinct lineages identified from North American fossils, which best estimates consider to be offshoots of what could well be termed "proto-Eskimos"; these are currently believed to have pre-dated migrations of the ancestral Amerindians and are most closely related to eastern Siberian (Samoyed -- no, not the dog! ) populations. Definitely not Northern/Western European, Mediterranean or Mid-East in origin (not even close).

I'm familiar with some of the story on the Kennewick Man, having lived in that AO the past 10 years; I live on the Oregon side of the river.
Old 28 January 2013, 22:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
.....Regardless of what you think of the validity of them: what are some of your favorite theories?...
Anything involving the Clinton's.
Old 28 January 2013, 23:52
Been There Done That

Quote:
Chem Trails
2: Weather manipulation (HARRP)
Chem trails drives me crazy. People fail to understand simple physics and claim that jet contrails have chemicals in them that they are spreading slowly to degenerate the population. I got news for you- they're doing that a lot better and easier through BPA, anti-biotics and all the other garbage and pollutants that we get exposed to every day just with normal shit.

HAARP I like- because it has ties to the Montauk Project, and, let's face it, the Air Force makes no bones about the fact that they are beaming massive amounts of energy into the ionosphere for "research". And then you see shit like the Norway Spiral (oh, yeah, the Russian "rocket launch") that just happened to occur just on the other side of a mountain from a Norway based HAARP array. That's some fun research. I'm sure it's for a totally innocuous purpose.
19 Oct 2017
Old 29 January 2013, 00:06
Perpetual FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Chem trails drives me crazy.
My roommate last year in college was a guy from Australia who has a few hundred hours of solo flight time. He swears he's never seen contrails in Perth. The topic came up because someone had been telling him all about chem trails. I spent a few hours with him and the internet describing contrails and crop dusting and why one cannot be the other. I also had to spend several hours with him undoing a bunch of 9/11 Truther nonsense someone had sold him. Good kid, but a little wet behind the ears.

-MacS

Edited to add: And, yeah, The Illuminatus Trilogy is a pretty fucked up book, but in a good way Without reading it I never would have found out about things like The Church of Bob and Aleister Crowley. A buddy of mine became a full blown Discordian after reading it.

Last edited by MacSwarthy; 29 January 2013 at 00:13. Reason: and because I can't spell
Old 29 January 2013, 00:24
War on Christmas veteran

In the age of the internet, conspiracies are more rampant, with countless "sources" to reenforce any believer.

Cherry pick facts and use them as evidence to support your beliefs and then think everyone else is so stupid for not seeing what you do... and only trust media that supports your beliefs... everyone else is part of the cover up.

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 29 January 2013, 01:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSwarthy View Post
He swears he's never seen contrails in Perth.
Must mean he's never looked up at the sky in his entire life.
Old 29 January 2013, 06:14
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
In the age of the internet, conspiracies are more rampant, with countless "sources" to reenforce any believer.

Cherry pick facts and use them as evidence to support your beliefs and then think everyone else is so stupid for not seeing what you do... and only trust media that supports your beliefs... everyone else is part of the cover up.

New York Times, Judith Miller, Iraqi Invasion - it *does* happen (in this case it wasn't a 'coverup', just propagandizing).

P
Old 29 January 2013, 06:35
Ne Obliviscaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
"HEED, GET THE PAPER! Movin that gargantuan cranium aboot."
"Its like an orange on a toothpick!"
Old 29 January 2013, 07:32
Been There Done That

Quote:

You mean like how the main stream media supports every hair-brained idea the left comes up with? I'm betting you knew one of us would make this comparison for you. What's next?
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Im attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 29 January 2013, 09:00
War on Christmas veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
You mean like how the main stream media supports every hair-brained idea the left comes up with? I'm betting you knew one of us would make this comparison for you. What's next?
Or how 9/11 truthers only trust blogs and YOUTUBE videos that tell them everyone else is lying.

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 29 January 2013, 09:41
FIDO

Quote:
Or how 9/11 truthers only trust blogs and YOUTUBE videos that tell them everyone else is lying.
So your saying that everything I read and hear on the internet is NOT true????
Old 29 January 2013, 10:14
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Well, the blogs are half true, and YouTube is half true, so together they make the whole truth.

The truth is out there. When it's waaaay out there, it's waaaaay more true.

That's what a homeless guy at the library said as he surfed his iPhone diligently for more truths.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 29 January 2013, 14:09
What could possibly go wrong?

Speaking of theories, what was the final ?? conclusion of that supposedly russian sub launched missile off the west coast, that the govt insisted was not a missile?
Old 29 January 2013, 15:54
Chew Toy of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA SGT View Post
Speaking of theories, what was the final ?? conclusion of that supposedly russian sub launched missile off the west coast, that the govt insisted was not a missile?
This website, Los Angeles Missile Contrail Explained in Pictures, says it was a commercial airliner contrail, heading east toward the viewers.
They also try to debunk 'chemtrail' stories.

"Zombie fire ants may sound like a science-fiction movie, but they are the real deal ..."
-Mary Lee, KXAN, Austin

Our new posting rules