SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 29 January 2013, 16:08
Authorized Personnel

In referance to JFK murder...I never bought the magic bullet theroy used to dispell the rumor of more than one shooter. Maybe someone I trust can explain it to me so grunt can understand if its possible.

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 29 January 2013, 16:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
In the age of the internet, conspiracies are more rampant, with countless "sources" to reenforce any believer.

Cherry pick facts and use them as evidence to support your beliefs and then think everyone else is so stupid for not seeing what you do... and only trust media that supports your beliefs... everyone else is part of the cover up.
Yeah, yeah, we get it. Everything that happens always has the most ordinary of explanations, the government and media always are telling us the truths as far as explanations, all the very convenient suicides are just coincidence, ect.

There are always going to be the "Amazing Kreskin"/Skeptics Journal fanatics that refuse to believe that anything out of the ordinary ever occurs.

And then there are paranoid lunatics who'll jump at any conspiracy theory no matter how ridiculous to distract them from the hell that is their daily lives

And then those in between who can keep an open mind to the possibility that yes, people in power may have an agenda that they attempt to obfuscate, and maybe we don't know everything we think we do about the physical and non-physical world.

But I didn't start this thread to talk about the validity of conspiracy theories. Just the best ones based on how interesting/unusual/entertaining they are.
19 Oct 2017
Old 29 January 2013, 17:04
Been There Done That

I enjoy reading about 'Ooparts' - out of place artifacts - and the various theories as to what they really are/were and represent.

Most have been debunked as fakes or have been shown to be plausible anomalies, some remain true mysteries, but all of them provide endless material for wild conjecture and are fodder for all the Chariots of the Gods crowd.
They include manmade objects found in geologic formations, such as the gold chain, iron square, and metal pot found inside blocks of coal, alleged human footprints in stone next to dinosaur footprints, the ancient Egyptian 'airplane', and a stone carving of a stegosaurus on a Mayan temple.

One of the more fascinating, to me, is the Greek Antikythera mechanism retrieved from the Aegean in 1900. Virtually ignored until the 1950s, it has been studied and analyzed almost continuously since. It is a proven artifact from 100 BC but is an amazing design of a computer or calculator with an intricate gear system. Most analysts believe it is a sort of astronomical instrument but do not agree what purpose it served, whether for navigation, time keeping, or calculation. Nobody knows why it was even on an ancient Greek ship - the metal was known, even then, to be too fragile for sea exposure for the intricacy and delicacy of the mechanism.

These objects have provided endless material for arguments between creationists and evolutionists in addition to the folks who believe in alien visits throughout the earth's history.

"For the mission, then. As long as he functions, I will humor him."
"If you don't humor him, you may find out how well he functions."
Old 29 January 2013, 17:18
Lost to PTSD AUG 2014 RIP Brother

Quote:
I'm probably going to watch Dark Legacy tonight on Flix.
Regarding the JFK conspiracy;

I watched this last night. The first 30 minutes were great in the fact that the footage was extremely high quality. From the footage it is hard not to say that he took a round from the front right (grassy knoll area.) They zoom in with the high quality footage and it's just mind boggling as to how a bullet could come from any other direction. <- I never saw the reaction of a headshot with a rifle so take that for what it's worth.

The rest of the movie was a reach. They try and tie Nazi bankers to Nixon and eventually to George Bush. It was awful B.S. IMO.
Old 29 January 2013, 17:48
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post

One of the more fascinating, to me, is the Greek Antikythera mechanism retrieved from the Aegean in 1900. Virtually ignored until the 1950s, it has been studied and analyzed almost continuously since. It is a proven artifact from 100 BC but is an amazing design of a computer or calculator with an intricate gear system. Most analysts believe it is a sort of astronomical instrument but do not agree what purpose it served, whether for navigation, time keeping, or calculation. Nobody knows why it was even on an ancient Greek ship - the metal was known, even then, to be too fragile for sea exposure for the intricacy and delicacy of the mechanism.
Maybe someone was shipping a present to someone in Numidia?

Too bad the Library of Alexandria went up in flames all those years ago.
Probably had some pretty good reading.
The problem now, just like back then, is that people tend to look for escapist reading and leave the heavy subjects for the experts.
So now we know more about the works of Homer and less about the ancient forays in mechanical engineering because it's continued popularity has kept it alive.
Or the fact that a very small portion of the population was actually literate because it wasn't a required means of survival.

Ancient people had the same intellect as modern man.
It's easy for contemporary cultures to look back and say "they were ass backwards monkeys."
Like "experts" who insist the ancient Egyptians had no knowledge of the carpenters/mason's square.

Ancient Aliens Debunked:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

Pretty good movie, and he sources all his claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
There are several theories regarding all of the above that suggest North America may have indeed been populated by advanced ancient Europeans (Celts, Norse, Phoenicians etc.) long before Columbus. But, some of these sites have been considered off-limits to all but government archaeologists. Hmmmm?
That has to do with the way the laws are currently written.
Everything archeological from pre-1600 ca is considered to be a Native American artifact in most states.

Civilizations rise and die out regularly (in the context of Earths entire history) it would be a smart move to think there are many we don't know of.
One of my guys had a question last month about warriors and why do we see a warrior tradition in the history of most modern cultures.
Because if they weren't willing to use war to their advantage, or in their defense, that culture would have been destroyed by it's opponents.

Last edited by CarnageWhiskey; 29 January 2013 at 17:58.
Old 29 January 2013, 18:30
Been around, did stuff

Anybody heard of the Relfe family ?

Visit this:

Michael and Stephanie Relfe
Old 29 January 2013, 18:49
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle View Post
Anybody heard of the Relfe family ?

Visit this:

Michael and Stephanie Relfe
I was immediately struck by her choice of "B. Sc." for credentials.

Perhaps she realized the more typical "B. S." might be interpreted as a confession of sorts . . .

It do run deep with those two.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 29 January 2013, 18:55
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post

And then those in between who can keep an open mind to the possibility that yes, people in power may have an agenda that they attempt to obfuscate, and maybe we don't know everything we think we do about the physical and non-physical world.
I'll agree with the notion that we don't know everything there is to know about the physical and non-physical world. That is why we have science, to investigate and validate (or dismiss) the various theories that are put forth.

As for the idea that people in power may have an agenda that they attempt to obfuscate, that's certainly valid. At the same time, there are people who aren't part of the elite, all powerful ruling class who also have agendas that they attempt to obfuscate. That's merely part of the human condition, and doesn't require some high level cabal engaging in it to have some validity.
Old 29 January 2013, 19:01
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrifle View Post
I was immediately struck by her choice of "B. Sc." for credentials.

Perhaps she realized the more typical "B. S." might be interpreted as a confession of sorts . . .

It do run deep with those two.
Actually, BSc has only fallen into general disuse in the United States, and even then only within the late 20th century. Some still do use that notation to avoid confusion, which I shall address in a moment -- I use it myself.

In the rest of the English-speaking world, one always uses the abbreviation BSc when one means Bachelor of Science in order avoid confusion with BS which denotes Bachelor of Surgery. Usually conferred in conjunction with MB as MBBS, and is directly equivalent to a North American MD. The degree of MD elsewhere is more akin to a North American PhD in medical science and is a research degree.

Last edited by WS-G; 29 January 2013 at 19:08.
Old 29 January 2013, 19:54
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
In referance to JFK murder...I never bought the magic bullet theroy used to dispell the rumor of more than one shooter. Maybe someone I trust can explain it to me so grunt can understand if its possible.
Magic Bullet = total BS!

To me, the first problem with the shooter, allowing that he was even in the book depository, is why he did not take the shot as the limo slowed to make the turn directly under the window, a distance of less than 50 feet.

Hell, at that distance you could have capped him with a single shot to the top of the head, sending the round downward into his torso, and no one would have known where it came from.

Second problem is Oswald getting shot in the police department. Oswald weighed about a buck fifty - a .38 at literally point-blank range into his frame should have produced a through and through, striking one of the officers standing behind him.

The second thing you would expect is for the shooter to keep clicking away until the gun was empty, or until he could no longer shoot, which did not happen.

Last, you would expect someone laying down on the floor after taking a shot to the chest to leave either a puddle of blood or piss, or both behind - neither of which are visible on the video...
Old 29 January 2013, 20:03
FIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
Magic Bullet = total BS!

To me, the first problem with the shooter, allowing that he was even in the book depository, is why he did not take the shot as the limo slowed to make the turn directly under the window, a distance of less than 50 feet.

Hell, at that distance you could have capped him with a single shot to the top of the head, sending the round downward into his torso, and no one would have known where it came from.

Second problem is Oswald getting shot in the police department. Oswald weighed about a buck fifty - a .38 at literally point-blank range into his frame should have produced a through and through, striking one of the officers standing behind him.

The second thing you would expect is for the shooter to keep clicking away until the gun was empty, or until he could no longer shoot, which did not happen.

Last, you would expect someone laying down on the floor after taking a shot to the chest to leave either a puddle of blood or piss, or both behind - neither of which are visible on the video...
+1. Also why was the back of his head blown off (and later lost) with a small entrance wound in the front of his head.
Old 29 January 2013, 20:41
Confirmed User

Modern Science cannot predict the weather properly for the next week.

Modern Science + Government cannot agree on what food is healthy and what isn't.

The Government, (all of them), are made up of people, and people lie all the time.

This leads me to fervently believe that "we" do not know everything about history nor do we know everything about the world we live in.

Some of that can be labelled "conspiracy", or some of it is simply "no fucking idea".

Having worked in some of the most extremely remote areas of Australia, I shake my head when I hear that our country does not have any land-based predators. (Big-ass snakes and spiders don't count). I also grin when I hear that all our full-blood aboriginals are accounted for and living happily in communities that "we" built.

Due to the huge area my boss and I were required to patrol, (think Washington State size, with a population of 1000 people, patrolled by 2 cops), where there was no comms of any kind except for unreliable Sat Comms and HF, we frequently spent nights camped out in what can only be explained as "the middle of nowhere".

Some of the animals we glimpsed checking out our camp site, and some of the, well, what can only be decribed as "glimpses of dark-skinned humans", hundreds of kms from any "community", puts the lie to the accepted knowledge of our country.

Only recently have I started to read brief historical accounts of Australian Aboriginals speaking English prior to our First Settlers arriving. I don't attribute this to Aliens, but rather to us simply not knowing all there is to know about history.

I've also witnessed criminal activity in remote areas that are later attributed to UFOs. I've read media reports of "foreign incursions" that I personally know were simply clandestine Govt activity.

We don't know everything, and I'm comfortable with that. I don't make shit up to explain it, but I'm more than happy to WANT to know more.

But I sure do miss patrolling Arnhem Land and seeing weird shit.

Last edited by nofear; 29 January 2013 at 20:42. Reason: Spelling.
Old 29 January 2013, 20:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS-G View Post
Actually, BSc has only fallen into general disuse in the United States, and even then only within the late 20th century. Some still do use that notation to avoid confusion, which I shall address in a moment -- I use it myself.

In the rest of the English-speaking world, one always uses the abbreviation BSc when one means Bachelor of Science in order avoid confusion with BS which denotes Bachelor of Surgery. Usually conferred in conjunction with MB as MBBS, and is directly equivalent to a North American MD. The degree of MD elsewhere is more akin to a North American PhD in medical science and is a research degree.
Correct. In the UK higher educational system BSc is for Bachelor's of Science and MSc is for Masters of Science Degree and most all UK institutions require a Research Dissertation for the MSc.
Old 29 January 2013, 20:56
Ne Obliviscaris

Deleted.
Old 29 January 2013, 20:59
Ne Obliviscaris

Quote:

Yup. It's used quite frequently here in Europe.

ETA: I didn't see LP's post above.
Old 29 January 2013, 21:41
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Actually, BSc has only fallen into general disuse in the United States, and even then only within the late 20th century...
Well, when I saw this...
Quote:
Relfe llc
138 Palm Coast Pkwy NE #331
Palm Coast, FL 32137
USA
...I thought I was correcting an American abbreviation.

Maybe they're doing the BSc thingy for more global recognition.

Bovine Scatology, then...
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 29 January 2013, 21:46
Earthquake Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
I enjoy reading about 'Ooparts' - out of place artifacts - and the various theories as to what they really are/were and represent.

Most have been debunked as fakes or have been shown to be plausible anomalies, some remain true mysteries, but all of them provide endless material for wild conjecture and are fodder for all the Chariots of the Gods crowd.
They include manmade objects found in geologic formations, such as the gold chain, iron square, and metal pot found inside blocks of coal, alleged human footprints in stone next to dinosaur footprints, the ancient Egyptian 'airplane', and a stone carving of a stegosaurus on a Mayan temple.

These objects have provided endless material for arguments between creationists and evolutionists in addition to the folks who believe in alien visits throughout the earth's history.
Part of the Stargate. EVERYONE knows that!

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis
Old 29 January 2013, 23:34
Confirmed User

Military Training in US Urban Areas

I recall seeing something about this on here awhile back...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...e-downtown-la/

It seems that this is gaining some momentum as far as conspiracies go. In the past two days I have seen articles and video of these exercises in Miami and Houston. Check out the comments sections of the following two articles.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ee-the-videos/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...time-in-texas/

Last edited by medic101; 29 January 2013 at 23:56. Reason: Replaced orginal article with a not so crazy article on the LA exercise...
Old 30 January 2013, 00:17
FIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic101 View Post
I recall seeing something about this on here awhile back...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...e-downtown-la/

It seems that this is gaining some momentum as far as conspiracies go. In the past two days I have seen articles and video of these exercises in Miami and Houston. Check out the comments sections of the following two articles.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ee-the-videos/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...time-in-texas/
The comments are very telling. You will always have your crazies but the number of people who have grown to fear their own gov is just downright scary. Where there's smoke.......
Old 30 January 2013, 00:19
Chew Toy of the Gods

Not a conspiracy, per se, but there is much ado about Clovis Points being found on the east coast that confounds most theories of American prehistory.

"Zombie fire ants may sound like a science-fiction movie, but they are the real deal ..."
-Mary Lee, KXAN, Austin

Our new posting rules