SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 8 February 2019, 01:14
nofear's Avatar
nofear nofear is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Australia-based
Posts: 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip View Post
How would this even work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le3 View Post
What? How would this be even theoretically, technically feasible?

How will she pay for it?
Once all genders are aligned and toxic masculinity is seen for the evil we know it to be, then the means will become apparent. Our society will come together as one, we will stop labelling everyone, and there will be no more white privilege or evil white men taking all your money.

It's quite clear if you have the intelligence to just open your eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
We should just give away free money to everyone too! Let's just do away with the need to actually work and have a job! Work sucks!
See? Sharky gets it!

[/sarcasm]
__________________
"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they can't get it wrong." - Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 8 February 2019, 09:37
Keganswar Keganswar is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Behind enemy lines NY
Posts: 1,605
She is dangerous. She is young good looking and a vessel to promote socialism and global warming. No one cares how its going to be paid for because that is a mute point. She will keep pushing socialism and global warming until more independents are comfortable with it and its not fringe anymore (this is already happening). How will it be paid for? Like everywhere else that socialism has been tried. Tyranny. Once power is established it wont matter how many "cow farts" exist. The end goal is power.

Conservatives need to stop with the how will it be paid for argument.... yuk yuk yuk look at the idiot stuff (this is not directed at site members but media talking heads). We just print money anyway so the American public as a whole does not care were the money comes from or has been desensitized to that. This is evident by the over 20 trillion in debt we are in yet ALL of our social programs still exist with no cuts.

She is a liberal GOD propped up by the liberal media. Conservatives are out matched when it comes to media and messaging. The liberals have hollweird and most entertainers as well. We would be better served drawing contrasts between government oppression and the loss of freedoms all the down sides of socialism. Venezuela should be live streamed 24/7.

We should be saying nothing but term limits as a counter to the socialism nonsense since that's a very easy low information voter concept to message and get behind. And the economy.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 8 February 2019, 10:48
KimberChick's Avatar
KimberChick KimberChick is offline
Earthquake Zone
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
She is dangerous. She is young good looking and a vessel to promote socialism and global warming. No one cares how its going to be paid for because that is a mute point. She will keep pushing socialism and global warming until more independents are comfortable with it and its not fringe anymore (this is already happening). How will it be paid for? Like everywhere else that socialism has been tried. Tyranny. Once power is established it wont matter how many "cow farts" exist. The end goal is power.

Conservatives need to stop with the how will it be paid for argument.... yuk yuk yuk look at the idiot stuff (this is not directed at site members but media talking heads). We just print money anyway so the American public as a whole does not care were the money comes from or has been desensitized to that. This is evident by the over 20 trillion in debt we are in yet ALL of our social programs still exist with no cuts.

She is a liberal GOD propped up by the liberal media. Conservatives are out matched when it comes to media and messaging. The liberals have hollweird and most entertainers as well. We would be better served drawing contrasts between government oppression and the loss of freedoms all the down sides of socialism. Venezuela should be live streamed 24/7.

We should be saying nothing but term limits as a counter to the socialism nonsense since that's a very easy low information voter concept to message and get behind. And the economy.
Yuck, really? She has crazy eyes, for G-d sake!
__________________
"I heard you've been talking shit, you tab-less bitch." - KS11

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

Last edited by KimberChick; 8 February 2019 at 10:48. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 8 February 2019, 10:49
Steve83 Steve83 is offline
**** Cancer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Solon
Posts: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
Yuck, really? She has crazy eyes, for G-d sake!
That, and give her 5 years. She'll age terribly.
__________________
L'État, c'est la grande fiction à travers laquelle tout le monde s’efforce de vivre aux dépens de tout le monde.

~ Frédéric Bastiat
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 8 February 2019, 10:55
Streck-Fu's Avatar
Streck-Fu Streck-Fu is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,004
Even the WaPo is calling her unrealistic.

Quote:
A pedestrian example: Many people could do better, salary-wise, if they simply negotiated harder with potential employers. But few of them could do better by opening with a pugnacious demand for $1 million a year. Wild demands, unmoored from reality, don’t increase what you ultimately take away from a negotiation; they are much more likely to end the negotiation abruptly when the other party concludes that you’re crazy.

The Green New Deal is nice vision of where the United States might try to go someday. But as an actual blueprint for the immediate future, it’s lunatic. And no matter how technically or morally sound your goals may be, as an opening political message, “We’re nuts!” is neither efficient, nor state-of-the-art.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 8 February 2019, 10:55
Sharky's Avatar
Sharky Sharky is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: SOCNET
Posts: 20,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
Yuck, really? She has crazy eyes, for G-d sake!


Everybody knows that crazy chicks are far better in bed than sane ones. The trick is escaping the trap the next morning and leaving no trace for her to track you down.
__________________
I was born my papa's son
When I hit the ground I was on the run
I had one glad hand and the other behind
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 8 February 2019, 11:09
Box's Avatar
Box Box is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 3,397
I remember learning something about not underestimating our enemies...

Before people write AOC off as a petulant bartender that got lucky in some heat of the moment local election - she has BA from Boston University in International Affairs and Economics.
...to the blind liberal elite and uneducated leftist masses - that is all the "smart-cred" she needs.

International Relations and Economics -arguably, two of the most important talents that a politician must master. It doesn't matter that her head is stuck up her ass most of the time. It doesnt matter that "newspapers" are calling her policies unrealist - as long as 'BuzzFeed' is good to her and TMZ doesn't run a hit piece on her - her base will follow her off a cliff without questioning her motives. She has a degree from B.U. a prestigious liberal mecca in the North East. Home to Nobel laureates, Pulitzer prize winners, and more importantly - Academy Award winning entertainers !!!

She defeated a TEN TERM career bureaucrat that Chaired the Democratic Caucus and served on the House Ways-and-Means Committee.
...her opponent had more than enough connections and resources to protect and preserve his political power but somehow he was trounced by petulant bartender that wasn't even born when he started his journey through New York politics.

But hey - no need to worry about her - she's crazy - no one will listen to her
__________________
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 8 February 2019, 11:10
TennesseeDave's Avatar
TennesseeDave TennesseeDave is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 1,294
Pelosi thinks so highly of this deal that she left AOC off the new house climate change committee.

What I find funny is that Booker, Harris, Warren and Gillibrand all endorsed this deal when it was released. I wonder if they even read it.
Attached Images
File Type: png 6D25505F-49D4-46A6-9F88-5343413E4480.png (726.4 KB, 191 views)
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 8 February 2019, 11:19
Steve83 Steve83 is offline
**** Cancer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Solon
Posts: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

She defeated a TEN TERM career bureaucrat that Chaired the Democratic Caucus and served on the House Ways-and-Means Committee.
Box,

I don't know sir, she beat him by ~5k votes in a 11.8% turnout which Crowley barely campaigned since he hasn't been challenge since 04.
__________________
L'État, c'est la grande fiction à travers laquelle tout le monde s’efforce de vivre aux dépens de tout le monde.

~ Frédéric Bastiat
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 8 February 2019, 11:22
Streck-Fu's Avatar
Streck-Fu Streck-Fu is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
Box,

I don't know sir, she beat him by ~5k votes in a 11.8% turnout which Crowley barely campaigned since he hasn't been challenge since 04.
11.8% turn-out? How many in that district actually knew she was running? Let's see if she gets re-elected in a couple years.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 8 February 2019, 11:40
Keganswar Keganswar is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Behind enemy lines NY
Posts: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
Yuck, really? She has crazy eyes, for G-d sake!
LOL can't say you are wrong! But you put AOC up against Pelosi or Warren.....
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 8 February 2019, 11:43
Steve83 Steve83 is offline
**** Cancer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Solon
Posts: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
11.8% turn-out? How many in that district actually knew she was running? Let's see if she gets re-elected in a couple years.
Well, she's got a lot of free publicity now, thanks to the fact that people take her so seriously. But the fact of the matter is she'll cause a schism in the Democratic party. The donor class can't afford her. The moderates will rebel, hard. Why? Because every 2 years there's elections. State, National, Local, etc. It takes money to do this. A Lot of Money. Corporate and donor money will go to either Rs or more moderate Dems. If it goes to the former, it's a problem for the Ds. If it goes to the latter, it's a problem for the progressive Ds.

Look, I'm pretty staunch conservative, but not every Dem is a brain dead economic-illiterate. Some of them know this crap would cost them dearly. People are buying into the idea that she'll be a problem for the Rs or America. No. She'll be a problem for the Democrats. She wants to take the ideas that you stump for to get elected as a Dem, then, once in power, you throw to the wayside and say you addressed them incrementally due to pressure from the other political side. Instead, she actually wants to try to enforce them. Pipe dreams lead to sewers.

Lastly, if I'm wrong... then we balkanize and the country goes its separate ways. DirtyDog's ready, are you?
__________________
L'État, c'est la grande fiction à travers laquelle tout le monde s’efforce de vivre aux dépens de tout le monde.

~ Frédéric Bastiat
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 8 February 2019, 12:32
btq96r's Avatar
btq96r btq96r is offline
Calix Meus Inebrians
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Improving my Foxhole
Posts: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
How will it be paid for?
They're kind of right in that it *could* be paid for...

Quote:
How will you pay for it?

The same way we paid for the New Deal, the 2008 bank bailout and extended quantitative easing programs. The same way we paid for World War II and all our current wars. The Federal Reserve can extend credit to power these projects and investments and new public banks can be created to extend credit. There is also space for the government to take an equity stake in projects to get a return on investment.
I get the counter argument, we don't have the money, federal debt payments are already too high, ect. But AOC and crew are right when they say we paid for other things in the past based on consensus of priority by decision makers, cost be damned. That argument will be out there until the system collapses under it's own weight, they just want a turn at the spigot while it's still flowing, I guess.


This last part is why it's not going to happen, though. We've already gone too far at letting unwilling be interpreted as unable.

Quote:
Build on FDR’s second bill of rights by guaranteeing:
  • A job with a family-sustaining wage, family and medical leave, vacations, and retirement security
  • High-quality education, including higher education and trade schools
  • Clean air and water and access to nature
  • Healthy food
  • High-quality health care
  • Safe, affordable, adequate housing
  • Economic environment free of monopolies
  • Economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work
__________________
Moderation is for Canadians.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 8 February 2019, 12:37
DC's Avatar
DC DC is offline
Holy Diver
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
Conservatives need to stop with the how will it be paid for argument.... yuk yuk yuk look at the idiot stuff (this is not directed at site members but media talking heads).
This is a great point. The counter argument is that it is the exact opposite of the principals of our country and, at its core, is evil due to its coercive nature and reliance on literally stealing from others.

We lost the argument once we started talking spreadsheets.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 8 February 2019, 12:52
Steve83 Steve83 is offline
**** Cancer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Solon
Posts: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
You're going to get tired carrying that water.

No, extending credit to financial institutions, in a time of crisis, as much as I disagreed with it, is much much much different than anything they are proposing. By far.
__________________
L'État, c'est la grande fiction à travers laquelle tout le monde s’efforce de vivre aux dépens de tout le monde.

~ Frédéric Bastiat
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 8 February 2019, 12:57
ET1/ss nuke's Avatar
ET1/ss nuke ET1/ss nuke is offline
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: sc
Posts: 6,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
No, extending credit to financial institutions, in a time of crisis, as much as I disagreed with it, is much much much different than anything they are proposing. By far.
Even though you're right, btqr has a point in that a highly motivated electorate unschooled in macroeconomics could still make self-destructive nonsense into policy, and it wouldn't be the first time.
__________________
"I don't know whether the world is run by smart men who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Twain

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 8 February 2019, 13:01
Steve83 Steve83 is offline
**** Cancer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Solon
Posts: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
Even though you're right, btqr has a point in that a highly motivated electorate unschooled in macroeconomics could still make self-destructive nonsense into policy, and it wouldn't be the first time.
I have to disagree. Information and capital both move too fast now.
__________________
L'État, c'est la grande fiction à travers laquelle tout le monde s’efforce de vivre aux dépens de tout le monde.

~ Frédéric Bastiat
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 8 February 2019, 13:19
Keganswar Keganswar is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Behind enemy lines NY
Posts: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
They're kind of right in that it *could* be paid for...



I get the counter argument, we don't have the money, federal debt payments are already too high, ect. But AOC and crew are right when they say we paid for other things in the past based on consensus of priority by decision makers, cost be damned. That argument will be out there until the system collapses under it's own weight, they just want a turn at the spigot while it's still flowing, I guess.


This last part is why it's not going to happen, though. We've already gone too far at letting unwilling be interpreted as unable.
This is true and why they can make the argument seem tempting and not fringe. This is also why she is dangerous. She is like the liberal version of Trump she DGAF what she says or who she says it too. She wants the fight.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 8 February 2019, 13:26
btq96r's Avatar
btq96r btq96r is offline
Calix Meus Inebrians
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Improving my Foxhole
Posts: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
You're going to get tired carrying that water.

No, extending credit to financial institutions, in a time of crisis, as much as I disagreed with it, is much much much different than anything they are proposing. By far.
It's simply making the money available through legislation with congressional authorization (and don't think they're above changing the Fed's mandate), then putting in the people who will disperse it as intended while entrenching the bureaucracy around it. I get the bank bailouts are an apples to oranges comparison, but this isn't a logic question, it's a shell game.

I'm not advocating for this, I'm just saying the "we can't pay for it" argument has never been sufficient to stop government initiatives, so why would we assume it would work here?
__________________
Moderation is for Canadians.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 8 February 2019, 13:30
Steve83 Steve83 is offline
**** Cancer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Solon
Posts: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post

I'm not advocating for this, I'm just saying the "we can't pay for it" argument has never been sufficient to stop government initiatives, so why would we assume it would work here?
Fair enough.
__________________
L'État, c'est la grande fiction à travers laquelle tout le monde s’efforce de vivre aux dépens de tout le monde.

~ Frédéric Bastiat
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2018