SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Marine Corps Special Operations > MarSoc

Old 23 November 2018, 18:51

MarSoc Poser

Hey guys. So this past weekend I had a family member bring around a guy she had been dating. Him and I get to talking and he says he was a veteran and was in MarSoc. So im thinking, cool, I was SF so we can have our own little SOF family.

However, when we start talking about military time and service, he clamed up and just reverted to the whole "I dont like to talk about my military time" thing. RED Flag. I have been out for 8 years, and WHENEVER I have met other special ops guys we all love jerking each other off, mostly to vet the other dude, but also to see if we were ever in the same area as each other or know any of the same people. Even regular military vets, we all do it. This is the ONLY dude that didn't want to engage in talk about military time.

So I say ok, fine, lets move on, i ask him what he does now. He says he is a DEA agent down in San Diego...perfect i think to myself as I am a federal employee with DHS, with several apps open for Special Agent for FBI, HSI and yea DEA. Again he is not passing the sniff test as he "doesn't like to talk about it".

He says he was in the Marines for 4 years, to my understanding, you need 3 years in the Marines to even apply to to MarSoc at which time you would probably have to reenlist for more time, much like SF? He also said his station was in Miami? and thats where his training was? only thing i can think about was key west, but to my understanding training is done in Lejune?

I mean he had the incredibly bad luck of not only meeting me, a prior SOF guy, but then to bring up the federal thing as well to me, a federal employee that is waiting for an EOD date for a federal agency. Anyways long story short, im correct on this dude being a phony right? any DEA agents on here willing to help me out as well?
Old 23 November 2018, 19:09
Another pool cleaner

He doesn't pass the sniff test.
Old 23 November 2018, 19:15
Old Scroll

Tell your family member that she needs to cut him away, ASAP.

He's trouble. Anybody who lies like that is nothing but trouble.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 23 November 2018, 19:38
Confirmed User

Retired DEA here. Just call the main number for DEA San Diego and ask to talk to him. If he works there, they’ll put you through to his desk or answering machine. If they say “Who?” (which is what I bet they say) you’ll know you were right about that, too.
Old 23 November 2018, 21:25
Been There Done That

I see 5 Red Flags in the OP that I won't put on here (don't want to help out future posers) that this clown is a poser. Miami? Fucking hell, I wish I was stationed in Miami. Whomever your female relative is, tell her, "Look, grab!" Look, grab!" "Arch, pull>pull" She may also want to get a RO as well. Dude seems fucked up.
Old 23 November 2018, 21:37
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
Retired DEA here. Just call the main number for DEA San Diego and ask to talk to him. If he works there, they’ll put you through to his desk or answering machine. If they say “Who?” (which is what I bet they say) you’ll know you were right about that, too.
Please do this in his presence.
Old 24 November 2018, 01:51

Ha, thanks for the help guys, i mean i knew i was right. Plus in all my years I can count the Sof guys from East LA on one hand.

Our new posting rules