SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 21 August 2018, 21:01
Been There Done That

Cristhian Bathena Rivera go in dog shit.

Rest in Peace Mollie.
Old 22 August 2018, 08:14
Confirmed User

Cristhian Bathena Rivera - just another refugee looking for a better way of life.

There's a special place in Hell reserved just for you.
Old 22 August 2018, 08:35
Problem Solver

Rivera's employer claims he was "...vetted through the government’s E-Verify system, and was an employee in good standing...”:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ng/1059482002/

Rest in peace, Mollie...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 22 August 2018, 10:18
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Rivera's employer claims he was "...vetted through the government’s E-Verify system, and was an employee in good standing...”:

Rest in peace, Mollie...
That's likely correct... The previous administration, with the help & full knowledge of the GOPe, essentially made E-Verify a worthless black hole.

If you are an employer, and you submit - AND request an answer back from the system - Good Luck...

It is like there is some e-black hole that shit goes into, with no way to track a submittal.
Old 22 August 2018, 13:14
Confirmed User

What a damn shame. I know for fact from working construction that there's tons of illegal aliens working legit jobs all over, becuase they have some access to conterfeit SS cards and birth certificates.

I don't mind seeing people coming here illegally to find a better life, they're not the first. I also wouldn't mind seeing the vast majority rounded up and sent back. The liberals defending law breakers, vilifying the LE agencies who have the job of enforcing our laws makes me sick.

RIP Mollie. What a tragedy.
Old 22 August 2018, 13:21
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
I don't mind seeing people coming here illegally to find a better life, they're not the first. I also wouldn't mind seeing the vast majority rounded up and sent back.
I mind. I dont want anyone getting to circumvent what my wife had to do legally. Period. Her life was in no way a picnic growing up in communist Poland, and she followed the law and became an AmCit.

I want them all rounded up, not a vast majority. Plus, I am okay if they lay a few bricks in the wall on their way out too, in order to help re-pay the taxpayers that supported their illegal activity.
Old 22 August 2018, 13:25
Confirmed User

Quote:
What a damn shame. I know for fact from working construction that there's tons of illegal aliens working legit jobs all over, becuase they have some access to conterfeit SS cards and birth certificates.

I don't mind seeing people coming here illegally to find a better life, they're not the first. I also wouldn't mind seeing the vast majority rounded up and sent back. The liberals defending law breakers, vilifying the LE agencies who have the job of enforcing our laws makes me sick.

I do. We pay for them one way or another. I would rather change our current immigration system and take the best and the brightest and add value. At some point people need to make there own countries/lives better.
Old 22 August 2018, 14:47
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by just11b View Post
I mind. I dont want anyone getting to circumvent what my wife had to do legally. Period. Her life was in no way a picnic growing up in communist Poland, and she followed the law and became an AmCit...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
I do. We pay for them one way or another... At some point people need to make there own countries/lives better.
How many Irish, Italian and other groups came over here with out papers back in the day? It's been going on for as long as America. That doesn't mean I don't support efforts to enforce our laws, it is what it is.
Old 22 August 2018, 14:55

Pretty sure the vast majority of them were processed through Ellis Island back in the day.
Old 22 August 2018, 14:58
Find a way out

Quote:
How many Irish, Italian and other groups came over here with out papers back in the day?
Not over 11 million.

-Michael Malice
Old 22 August 2018, 15:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
How many Irish, Italian and other groups came over here with out papers back in the day? It's been going on for as long as America. That doesn't mean I don't support efforts to enforce our laws, it is what it is.
Agreed and my grandparents came from Italy and have their names on the wall at Ellis island. However the world has changed in 80 years. We are over populated and the world has a finite amount of resources. We are full. Why not bring the best and the brightest to add to our culture and society. Bring people that want to be apart of our culture and society. Seriously we don't need immigrants anymore in the way we did in the 1900's. Adapt or die.

Sorry I forgot that farmers need cheap labor.. fuck them.
Old 22 August 2018, 22:35
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
Not over 11 million.
25 million people arrived at Ellis Island, Port of New York, 1892-1924.

And every single name is documented.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bið æghwæm þæt hē his frēond wrece, þonne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgþēowes
Old 22 August 2018, 22:59
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I respect your opinion, but it's thinking like this that has gotten us to where we are now. Our immigration laws are different now than they were in 19xx. Our current laws are not being enforced. Let's enforce the laws or have the politicians change the laws to ones we are willing to enforce.
Old 23 August 2018, 02:17
killjoy

"A better life"? Ahem...That applies to every living person on planet earth. Everyone wants a better life, even all the criminals that rob and steal to get money to have a better life.

As far as immigration back in the old days, there was no welfare. You came here and you had to do well for yourself or you starve and die. It was a motivational factor that no longer exists.
Old 23 August 2018, 04:06
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
I don't mind seeing people coming here illegally to find a better life, they're not the first.
What about those of us trying to get to the US legally, for a better life?

Even now, with my having "won" the Greencard lottery, there are a thousand administrative hurdles to go through. It is no guarantee, not at all.

And I understand the need for those hurdles, as I'm a foreigner, and I have no entitlement, no right, to enter your country. But then seeing that some people "don't mind" people entering illegally, makes a mockery of the entire process that law-abiding people are subject to.
Old 23 August 2018, 04:15
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrifle View Post

Many names were just made up by the petty bureaucrats, so I'm not sure what recording that actually does.

It was because of the massive social, economic and therefore political unrest from this flood, many of whom were the result of Europe flushing their ghettos onto us, that lead to the "draconian" immigration laws we were very happy with until 1965. Where upon we stupidly allowed Congress to fuck us the same way again, conveniently benefiting the "elites." Which is the main reason that actual wages in the US have been stagnant since 1973, not to mention all the other issues. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 23 August 2018, 07:38
Find a way out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrifle View Post

I was under the impression he meant how many of the 25m of them had no papers or proof of identity, ect.

-Michael Malice
Old 23 August 2018, 08:48
Been There Done That

Quote:

As with the others, I mind. First off there are always unemployed construction workers who are US citizens. Second, coming here illegally is, well, illegal. I don’t care if they are cheaper.
Old 23 August 2018, 12:00
Hard to Kill

Quote:

There are many other actual and realizable consequences other than the breaking of a law.

1. We have no control of their moral character / criminal past
2. We have no control over their assimilation
3. We are unable to manage the disease they bring here
4. It causes unsustainable financial strain on local, and state governments.
Old 23 August 2018, 13:08
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
We are over populated and the world has a finite amount of resources.
That has been claimed since the 60s and yet someone develops a solution to a problem and ways are found to produce ever increasing amounts of food in smaller areas and much more efficient uses of resources get developed.

Our new posting rules