SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 21 August 2019, 23:41
Legal Immigrant

I think it was DD who stated that the fight must be fought with emotion, not logic.

Using that concept, I think terms like "gun" etc need to be removed from any argument because as soon as it is used, it is like a red flag to a bull.

Use their morality/mentality against them:

Example - Any mention of laws/restrictions/costs and the like, the argument could be, "Why do you hate women? The 2nd Amendment protects women from rape. How evil must you be to support rape?"

Focus on the non-gun terms, and the emotion of victimising their own supporters. It would be hard to argue against that.

My 2 cents...
Old 22 August 2019, 06:02
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
I think it was DD who stated that the fight must be fought with emotion, not logic.

Using that concept, I think terms like "gun" etc need to be removed from any argument because as soon as it is used, it is like a red flag to a bull.

Example - Any mention of laws/restrictions/costs and the like, the argument could be, "Why do you hate women? The 2nd Amendment protects women from rape. How evil must you be to support rape?"

Focus on the non-gun terms, and the emotion of victimising their own supporters. It would be hard to argue against that.

My 2 cents...
I tried telling a Liberal that the 2A can protect someone against rape. I got nothing in return. Blank stare as if the CPU quit processing.
Old 22 August 2019, 07:02
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
I don't understand how insurance will work. No company is going to cover me for the damages resulting from the illegal use of my item by a third party. No company is going to cover me for the illegal use of my item by me. So what's the point here? Explain it like i'm five.
They want a back door way to take your right of self defense away... and just like Jim Crowe, a way to deny poor people the right too.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 22 August 2019, 07:47
Confirmed User

We need to stop considering more gun laws, insurance etc type items. Just stop the conversations . Stop letting politicians inject crap into our society
Old 22 August 2019, 08:06
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
We need to stop considering more gun laws, insurance etc type items. Just stop the conversations . Stop letting politicians inject crap into our society
Not one step back is my policy.
Old 22 August 2019, 09:38
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Not one step back is my policy.
Yup...my policy is one of simple philosophy: Two letters and two well placed rounds is the only difference between victim or victor. I'm still alive because I can spell and shoot...
Old 22 August 2019, 11:38
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Two letters and two well placed rounds is the only difference between victim or victor.
Borrowing for sigline.

-Stan

"An increasingly lonely man, Patton felt that his was the voice of truth in a wilderness of indifference." -Carlo D'Este

"Two letters and two well placed rounds is the only difference between victim or victor." -Mingo Kane
Old 22 August 2019, 11:56
Been There Done That

Quote:

My 2 cents...
If you've never read this, you should. It strengthens the point that you're making. It's the "gun control playbook", and as you read it you'll start realizing how well organized and pervasive their messaging has become.

http://s3.documentcloud.org/document...uide-pdf-1.pdf
Old 22 August 2019, 20:25
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-rgr View Post
If you've never read this, you should. It strengthens the point that you're making. It's the "gun control playbook", and as you read it you'll start realizing how well organized and pervasive their messaging has become.

]
This man does it very well, too. He's talking about what they did to people who smoke, then brings it home. Well worth the couple of minutes it takes to view.

https://www.facebook.com/NextRevFNC/...3674617040519/
Old 22 August 2019, 23:58
killjoy

Quote:
I tried telling a Liberal that the 2A can protect someone against rape. I got nothing in return. Blank stare as if the CPU quit processing.
You're trying to install Windows 10 on a Commodore 64.

And correct, gentlemen. There is no reason to have any conversation unless you, on your side, have something to gain. Starting talks and negotiations where only they seek gain and you only seek to minimize damage is a futile effort that should be squashed before it even starts.
Old 23 August 2019, 00:05
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Haha, I like it. But I wonder if that will be the result on a national scale if it becomes the accepted tactic?
Old 23 August 2019, 10:05
Confirmed User

Quote:

My 2 cents...
That's a good point. The other problem is they want to turn it into a conversation about which gun, which caliber, which attachment. It's completely irrelevant, because the 2a is not about you, me, or which tool we use to defend ourselves. It's solely about our right to self-defense, and puts absolute limits on the gov't right to hinder that.

I'm pro 2a, but they cannot be allowed to change that to 'you're pro gun'. I'm not pro gun, I'm pro right-to-self-defense, and if someone is arguing against me, they're against my right to keep myself and my family safe and alive. They cannot drag it into a cesspool of 'but do you really need 15 rounds', or 'do you really need a rifle'. It's fucking irrelevant what I shoot a perp with, no one ever said 'thank god he shot me in the chest with a .45 and not an AR!'. What's relevant is that I remained alive and mitigated a threat, and I'll use *anything I fucking need* to do so: AR, brick, truck, wine bottle, my broken arm. If you're anti-2a, you're against my right to life, so fuck you.
Old 23 August 2019, 10:12
Violence of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
That's a good point. The other problem is they want to turn it into a conversation about which gun, which caliber, which attachment. It's completely irrelevant, because the 2a is not about you, me, or which tool we use to defend ourselves. It's solely about our right to self-defense, and puts absolute limits on the gov't right to hinder that.

I'm pro 2a, but they cannot be allowed to change that to 'you're pro gun'. I'm not pro gun, I'm pro right-to-self-defense, and if someone is arguing against me, they're against my right to keep myself and my family safe and alive. They cannot drag it into a cesspool of 'but do you really need 15 rounds', or 'do you really need a rifle'. It's fucking irrelevant what I shoot a perp with, no one ever said 'thank god he shot me in the chest with a .45 and not an AR!'. What's relevant is that I remained alive and mitigated a threat, and I'll use *anything I fucking need* to do so: AR, brick, truck, wine bottle, my broken arm. If you're anti-2a, you're against my right to life, so fuck you.
You are absolutely correct. Today it's our guns. After that, it would be knives and then baseball bats. They are attacking anything that one can use to defend themselves against a rogue government and using "safety" as their excuse. It won't stop at weapons. That's one of the biggest reasons that I don't support any type of concessions concerning firearms.
Old 23 August 2019, 10:18
Confirmed User

Britain > HK > Venezuela are all current examples.
Old 23 August 2019, 10:51
BTDT

Watched a 6 part series from Simon Wiesenthal on Amazon Prime last night - a lot of similarities with the nickel and dime, almost daily "new laws" imposed on the Jews of Europe and current gun control here.

This is the first one I've seen that highlighted "Order Police" as well - local LEOs - especially in Latvia, Lithuania, and Ukraine.

Usually just the big boys get mentioned: SS Einsatzgruppen.
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

“Take the guns first, go through due process second”

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court"
Old 23 August 2019, 13:17
Take care

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nra...n-rights-group

Here it is this AM from Fox on the questions I was raising the other day about the NRA vs smaller pro gun orgs. The statements from
the smaller orgs are reassuring. A hard stop, no-go attitude towards any tampering with the 2A. I like it.
Old 23 August 2019, 20:46
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
You are absolutely correct. Today it's our guns. After that, it would be knives and then baseball bats. They are attacking anything that one can use to defend themselves against a rogue government and using "safety" as their excuse. It won't stop at weapons. That's one of the biggest reasons that I don't support any type of concessions concerning firearms.
The left loves to point to Australia in regards to gun control, but what they neglect to mention is the fact that if I'm seen by Police walking down the road with a pillow and questioned over it, and I say I'm carrying the pillow for self-defence = Crime.

Carrying ANYTHING for self-defence is a crime here.

As you say, it's not about guns.
Old 24 August 2019, 13:03
BTDT

Ban guns, have worse ones to deal with:

https://youtu.be/FH76VoI_hsw

Stupid leftists. Ban steel next? Mills? Lathes? Welders?

This shit only works on honest people (who wouldn't murder anyway) - just like locks on screen doors - crims will always get booze... Err, I mean guns, even if they have to make them (booze *and* guns). The idiots think that magically, an estimated 265 million guns will disappear... it's f'n crazy town - the first mf'er off the boat at Roanoke was carrying a f'n gun.
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

“Take the guns first, go through due process second”

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court"

Last edited by Polypro; 24 August 2019 at 13:48.
Old 24 August 2019, 13:11
33,024 - R.I.P.

I just returned from the range, and I have to say...it was quite therapeutic.
Old 26 August 2019, 04:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Ban guns, have worse ones to deal with:

https://youtu.be/FH76VoI_hsw

Stupid leftists. Ban steel next? Mills? Lathes? Welders?

This shit only works on honest people (who wouldn't murder anyway) - just like locks on screen doors - crims will always get booze... Err, I mean guns, even if they have to make them (booze *and* guns). The idiots think that magically, an estimated 265 million guns will disappear... it's f'n crazy town - the first mf'er off the boat at Roanoke was carrying a f'n gun.
I love the fact even more because in the video those guns are 'Luty' Machine guns. Made/designed by an English gentlemen for the specific purpose of showing that gun control is fucking stupid and anyone can make a machine gun out of basically scrap parts and sheer willpower. That the gelded Aussie-mediafags are going into apoplectic fits over them just makes it infinitely sweeter.

Weapons as Political Protest: P.A. Luty's Submachine Gun

Our new posting rules