SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 5 December 2018, 17:18
Confirmed User

Facility/Kennel Manager Opening

**SB APPROVED**

My name is Ryan Millbern and I am the Director of Working Dog Operations at Highland Canine Training, LLC in Harmony, NC. We are looking for a long term, stateside Facilities/Kennel Manager at our Harmony, North Carolina campus. Details of the position can be found below.

In order to apply for the position you MUST go to http://www.highlandcanine.com/dog-tr...-jobs-careers/ . I can be contacted at https://tacticalpolicek9training.com/ or via email at PoliceK9@highlandcanine.com with questions.

Responsibilities:

Manages five kennel housing units with up to 100 dogs/puppies.
Leads and manages one facility maintenance technician and 10-20 part time kennel technicians. Kennel technicians are on shifts and work a 24 hour/7 days a week schedule.

Oversees the Kennel Program including the development and implementation of administrative processes to include (but not limited to):
Hiring/Firing kennel staff
Canine management (location, health, safety, etc.)
Kennel cleanliness and maintenance
kennel protocols and procedural records
Grooming
Exercising
Safety program
Training program
Oversees applicable outsourced contracts (Grounds upkeep, leasing of vehicles, etc.).
Develops, implements and manages a Facilities Maintenance program to include but not limited to routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
Supervises all general building maintenance including the upkeep of grounds and landscaping. Keeps the building and grounds in a clean and orderly condition by examining on a regular basis for needed repairs, maintenance, and cleanliness.
Oversees the Motor Pool Program including the development and implementation of administrative processes.

Responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and improvements to all of HK9’s facilities/grounds for a 70+ acre setting, to include:

K9 Education Center – classrooms/office/storerooms
Training Center – office, kitchen, living area
Grooming/Laundry rooms
All general purpose barns
Leather/Sewing building
Tool barn
Storage sheds
Student housing/trailers (owned by HK9)

Experience:

Top hiring criteria is to have 3-5 years management experience in a fast paced, highly flexible environment. Managing 24/7 shift environment a plus.
Kennel management and/or kennel experience is a significant plus especially if it coupled with management experience. Experience in facilities management is also plus.
General knowledge of basic construction methods, e.g. plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.
Needs to love dogs and be comfortable handling dogs of various temperaments.
Must be comfortable around other animals to include, cats, birds, horses, sheep, pigs, etc.

Highland Canine Training is open to train a highly qualified individual with significant management experience in kennel operations.
Must be available to work holidays, nights and weekends on occasion if needed.
Must have great problem solving and communication skills.
Experience in process improvement methodology and following detailed operational protocols.
Must be able to work in a fast paced, highly flexible environment.
Must be physically able to handle dogs up to 100 lbs.

To apply visit http://www.highlandcanine.com/dog-tr...-jobs-careers/

-Ryan Millbern
Director of Working Dog Operations
Highland Canine Training, LLC

**SB APPROVED**

Last edited by K9Contractor; 5 December 2018 at 17:18. Reason: Typo
Old 6 December 2018, 10:23

I live ~8 miles north of Harmony and am semi-familiar with their facilities. They do good work. I have met several people who work with them and they are all good folk. The surrounding area is a pretty good place to live...easy going pace and not a lot of the hustle bustle every where else. It would be a good job for someone wanting to "get away" from the rat race of the rest of the world.

Noah W
Old 7 December 2018, 14:51
Confirmed User

Thank you Noah! I couldnt agree more, but I am a little biased. I recently retired off the job in Wyoming, which isnt exactly hustle & bustle, but I truly love working and living here. I was a customer of Highlands back in 2006/2007 and always hoped I would end up back here.

Our new posting rules