SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 7 January 2018, 13:37
Important nobody

Had a civilian hire working with us in the Intell Bureau. Sharp dude with electronics but no SA or common sense. Week before the Super Bowl in 1986 we were huddled in a tight group discussing the game and he comes along. What's going on, guys? I say we are going to clean up on the Super Bowl by betting on the final score, which was illegal. He asked how we knew the outcome. Told him Sunday night just at halftime we would call the biggest newspaper in Japan, and since it was Monday there, they would know who had won. Asked if he could give us a few hundred to make a score. Few days later when he realized what we had done and figured it out he wouldn't talk to us for a week. Yeah, true story........
Old 7 January 2018, 13:38
Shakin' the bush Boss

Not my prank, but still a good one. Have a bud that works at a paper mill. One of the guys buys a VW diesel car and won't shut up about how good the gas mileage is. So for like two weeks they go out every day and pour a half gallon of diesel in his car. He's bragging about getting 70mpg, just being an over the top told ya so pain in the ass. Then they go out every day and siphon a half gallon out. They let him go to the dealership twice complaining about his mileage going from 70mpg to 15 before they told him.
Old 7 January 2018, 13:45
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
Hilarity ensued withing our barracks.
Is that a euphemism for smoke session?

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 7 January 2018, 15:04
Never to old to learn

those CS tablets used for gas chamber exercises inserted & CS grenade, Back when FT McClellan AL was still The Chemical School , my Platoon was there for some training. I had rented a car. There was this little over weight female, who worked on post, that was our go to person if we needed things. A few day before we were to depart, we had a party,

One of my SGT an a few others tied a CS grenade, under the car an a trip wire to the door of the car. No need to tell what happened then.

They knew I would get even. an I did, waited a one year, we were in the field over Fathers Day, This is where the CS capsule come in.

When the Mail Came in I took the mail & look at the Mail found the ones I was looking for! I did not open them Just checked the end where it was sealed, just enough space to get some of the power from the capsule in. Told the Company Clerk to deliver the mail. The one SGT i did it didn't open his mail for about a week just put it in his brief case. Every time I saw Him, his eyes were watering I asked what was the problem with his eyes. Answer just my hay fever. Back from the field, cleaning equipment he opened the Card he had for fathers day. Don was his name, came to see me with a big on his face, (He stated I forgot all about what we did.) We both had a good about it.
Old 7 January 2018, 15:23
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
Just remembered one that was played on me. Italy 2000, it was after payday activities so I was in my greens. I went to the pay cage to cash a check. The cashier knew me as I did this almost every payday. I write the check, hand over my ID, and the cashier states” I’m sorry SFC Roxxxx, it states you have been banned from cashing checks and I am instructed to confiscate your check book. The area was full of dependents and riff raft like me. I think I blacked out and threatened the cashier. Then their comes the tap on my shoulder and he states “Excuse me SFC Roxxxxx, I’m here to confiscate your check book”. Right then and there I knew I was being played by my friend who managed the pay cage( or how ever they word it in finance ) . The cashier looked relieved but had a pained expression on his face. We had a great laugh over drinks later that weekend. Matter of fact, I owe that finace fuckwad payback :)
Payday activities? In your greens? Wow. You're old.

That said, all I remember of payday activities is changing as quickly as possible, cashing the check and spending the weekend in a drunken stupor. We would start at the NCOA lounge near McChord and go from there....
Old 7 January 2018, 15:26
Calix Meus Inebrians

Was a group effort, but I still remember it quite clearly...

In 2008, I was in an artillery battalion working as the area defense unit for Camp Liberty. Our SIGO was a former branch detail who had time in a combat arms unit, so they let him be a battle captain. He had this bad habit of putting his pistol into a leg holster, and simply carrying it to the TOC, leaving on the side shelf next to his desk when he got in, even leaving it there when he would go to meetings inside the building.

Well, one of our NCOs got the idea to use a confiscated Tariq 9mm we had, and swap it out for his M9 to see how long it took him to notice. So, we made the swap, and locked up his M9 in a desk drawer. We figured he'd realize it when he went to chow or something that required him to strap on his pistol later that day.

He left for the day, nothing. Came in for his shift the next day, nothing. At that point, we had to decide to either fess up, or let it keep going...so, of course, we chose the later. Though we still had his issued M9 to worry about. We brought our battery commander into the prank, and he was all about it. So, we gave the M9 to the armorer to lock up and swore him to secrecy.

After about three days total, our SIGO/battle captain woke up one of the other S-3 captains at like 0100 saying he was getting ready to clean his weapon and noticed what had happened. The other captain played along (he was in from the beginning) and told him he needed to try and find it, then if he didn't we'd have to wake up the S-3 and XO and tell them. He let him look around for about an hour, then told him it was with the armorer and that we'd swapped it out almost three days ago.

He was mighty pissed that everyone in the TOC knew what was going on. But honestly, what could he say?
Old 7 January 2018, 15:54
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Prussian blue dye on the ear pieces of sound powered phones and on black toilet seats.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 7 January 2018, 16:22
Old Scroll

^^^ is that stuff as much fun as methylene blue?

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 7 January 2018, 16:35
Been There Done That

Dug a pretty good sized hole, poured it full of runny cow shit--covered it with loose dirt and then planted a homemade white cross in the middle. I handed out buried treasure maps I'd drawn to some local boys floating around. I saw the humor, their parents failed to see what I saw. Pop gave me a pretty good ass whupping for that one...
Old 7 January 2018, 17:04
killjoy

Over the holiday, I attached one of these to the back of my brother's fridge. Finally told him where it was after a couple days of torture.
Old 7 January 2018, 17:55
BT,WBTWC

Simple trick my grandfather played on us kids. (We're talking 1960's).
Soldered a nickle to the head of a nail, then drove the nail into the floor, about half sticking out from under the refrigerator. We would try everything to try and scoop that nickle out from under the refrigerator: poke with a knife, sweep with a broom, swipe with a yardstick. (This when a nickle could buy you a 7 oz Coke). When we learned of the dirty trick, it was still fun to invite our friends over and watch as they noticed the nickle and made overt or covert attempts to get it out.
Old 7 January 2018, 18:12
Authorized Personnel

I have already posted this, but am unable to access posts that old.

1970, in An Khe, Vietnam, my First Sgt. had some kind of a beef with another (non-EOD) First Sgt. As fate would have it, somebody had brought a round into the offending First Sgt's office and he calls us to get rid of it.

Top decides 'we' are going to get 'his' revenge. He tells the guy to leave the the office and have some of his men bring in a bunch of sand bags. We leave the round on the desk of said First Sgt. and stack the bags so the the blast dosn't go too far. Desk, files and most of the building that the Orderly room was in goes up in a fireball, papers were flying for several minutes.

The funny part of this was that the round we blew in place, was one that we would normally throw in the back of the jeep and, in time, blow with the rest of the junk we had gathered.

Top was smiling for a week straight.
Old 7 January 2018, 18:31
#BlackRiflesMatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
Over the holiday, I attached one of these to the back of my brother's fridge. Finally told him where it was after a couple days of torture.
Thank you! Bwwaahahahaha~!

The "whisper" is CLASSIC evil...at a bargain price of $14.99
Old 7 January 2018, 19:23
Confirmed User

Working at a summer camp, we had a prank war with a rival group. They started it, basic stuff like freezing underwear and such. We ended it with simultaneous attacks on the boys and girls counselors. The boys cabin had all of their door hinge pins removed. On every door, so when they opened the door, it came off the wall.
The girl's counselor was the mastermind, so we snuck a large, old, noisy vacuum under her bed, and plugged it into an appliance timer, set for 0100. The next day, they haggardly conceded the prank war, and she admitted to wetting the bed when it started vibrating and roaring as she slept.
Old 7 January 2018, 19:33
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
Prussian blue dye on the ear pieces of sound powered phones and on black toilet seats.
Less permanent but always a classic: the old folded-in-half-ketchup-packets-under-the-toilet-seat-pegs trick. It's funny twice, the first time when the yelling starts, the second time when you see the 360 frag pattern in the stall, except for the two clean spots where the guy's legs were.

A little long but one of my all time favorites, even though I was the victim: I put my truck in gear to drive home from the squadron, and as soon as I start moving, it sounds like the back of my truck is getting fed through a wood chipper. I can see the usual suspects standing outside our building laughing, and all I want to do is hammer down and get the hell out of there, but I can't, it sounds too expensive.

After a brief inspection I find about 8 tail rotor deice boot zip ties (about 2 feet long and stout as hell) tied around my truck's driveshaft where they can beat the hell out of the underside of the bed. Shit was LOUD. I get them cut off, give the perps a golf clap and take off. About 10 minutes later merging onto the highway is when I find out the fuckers also hot wired the horn to my turn signal.

Apparently this was all installed in about ten minutes, NASCAR pit crew style. I'd pay a lot of money for video of that.

Bonus round: We were deploying in about 2 days, and I could not find where they had wired it before I left. No way in hell I'm asking any of the perps, so I told my wife just take it to the shop. Oh, and try not to use the turn signal at stoplights. She didn't take it to the shop. She drove it that way the whole deployment.

Last but not least:

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Ass-Mister/dp/B000OCEWGW

No explanation required. The reviews are pretty good.

Last edited by hawkdrver; 7 January 2018 at 19:55.
Old 7 January 2018, 20:00
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
hot wired the horn to my turn signal.
Vehicle pranks are great.

Not me, but some mechanic friends of mine pranked another guy once by wiring his horn to his brakes. He was late for work the next day.

When I used to ride motorcycles with friends, a common prank we'd pull on each other would take place at any given stop light, preferably with lots of traffic during rush hour. Just before our light turns green, reach over and turn it off and pull his keys out of ignition and toss them to side of the road. Pull through the intersection, then pull over and look back and laugh as people honk at him.
Old 7 January 2018, 20:02
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver;1058696948
Last but not least:

[url
https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Ass-Mister/dp/B000OCEWGW[/url]

No explanation required. The reviews are pretty good.
Thanks! Just ordered it, much to my wife and daughter's displeasure.
Old 7 January 2018, 22:29
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
Payday activities? In your greens? Wow. You're old.

That said, all I remember of payday activities is changing as quickly as possible, cashing the check and spending the weekend in a drunken stupor. We would start at the NCOA lounge near McChord and go from there....
Hell I remember when they paid us in cash, yea I know I over the hill
Old 7 January 2018, 22:47
Confirmed User

In high school, I was a boxboy at the local market. I worked evenings until the store closed at 9 pm. One of the checkers used to ask me to get him a bottle of beer, Bud if I remember correctly, before the store closed.

I would get him the bottle of beer and shake the bejeezus out of it before I handed it to him. I would wait with my bike, watching him until he got into his car and cracked open the beer. Every time his crotch would get soaked with beer foam.

Friends don't let friends drive drunk.
Old 8 January 2018, 08:13

We put a fart box with a remote in the vestibule at city hall. After having fun with it for about an hour, a maintenance guy set up a ladder right in the vestibule so he could change a lightbulb. I am not making this up. I laughed so hard, tears were streaming down my face. We hit the remote whenever someone passed by the ladder. I canít stop laughing just thinking about it.

Our new posting rules