SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 27 January 2020, 21:25
Been There Done That

Well. Dave had a fondness, maybe wrong word, for you Marines. We were in the same Company a good bit along with a Marine Liason assigned to our Company. Gunny Jim Turner. We were best of friends and he and OíRear were close too.

We referred to Gunny before allowing a Marine to go back to his unit. May wanna thank him.

RIP Gunny
Old 27 January 2020, 21:56
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
Well. Dave had a fondness, maybe wrong word, for you Marines. We were in the same Company a good bit along with a Marine Liason assigned to our Company. Gunny Jim Turner. We were best of friends and he and OíRear were close too.

We referred to Gunny before allowing a Marine to go back to his unit. May wanna thank him.

RIP Gunny
I thanked him 20 yrs ago for the Copenhagen. I'm not playing internet tough guy but after being knocked silly and coming to with a dude rag dolling me that was my first reaction. Oakes was the Marine RI up there when I went through, Ares was at Benning and Gallagher was at Rudder. RIP 1stSgt Turner 3-3-2016. Sorry for the intrusion in your thread.
Old 27 January 2020, 22:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
I thanked him 20 yrs ago for the Copenhagen. I'm not playing internet tough guy but after being knocked silly and coming to with a dude rag dolling me that was my first reaction. Oakes was the Marine RI up there when I went through, Ares was at Benning and Gallagher was at Rudder. RIP 1stSgt Turner 3-3-2016. Sorry for the intrusion in your thread.
Itís yours too Ranger.

Our new posting rules