SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 12 September 2018, 12:24

Leaked Staged Chemical Weapons Hoax Footage

Apparently the "white helmets" have been busy creating fake news again. There has been leaked footage of a staged chemical weapons attack which, presumably, is designed to help the terrorists by inciting the western powers to intervene on their behalf before they can get wiped out.

Quote:
Terrorist forces in Syria are preparing to release footage of a staged chemical weapons attack in Idlib. One America's Pearson Sharp explains why this footage has already been sent out to news channels around the world before the attack has even taken place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov71YkEIwSM

I wonder how many of these chemical attacks (such as the one which provoked POTUS into launching against that airbase a while back) have been faked.
Old 12 September 2018, 16:20
Make a desert and call it peace.

All of them. And besides, who cares? Really.

"Assad is gassing people in durka-durkastan!" {says frantic airheaded liberal college chick, with Soros-mon and Bill Kristol rubbing their disgusting liver spotted hands in the background)

"Cool...that sandwich ready? Get over here girlie, this dick ain't gonna suck itself."

That's always been the answer. S/F...Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 12 September 2018, 16:34
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
And besides, who cares? Really.
I care. The US is getting more involved in the conflict because of chemical weapons attacks, real or faked.
Old 12 September 2018, 17:06
Make a desert and call it peace.

I suppose I should have said, "we shouldn't care."

You care because ignorant and shallow people want to virtue signal that they "care" by spending other people's money, sweat and blood, to show that they're more holy than thou. It's sanctimony. Old as people, written about in the Bible, see Pharisees, etc. And there's a whole bunch of soulless ghouls who deliberately provoke this to profit from that.

The entire "chemical weapons, oh my!" thing is overwrought moral panic too. Yeah, MOPP 4 sucks, but the dynamics of deterrence haven't changed. They(we) used hundreds of thousands of tons of chemical weapons in WW1, and it was just another horrible thing that killed men, not some magic.

Whenever there's some 'crisis', always ask yourself cui bono? President Trump is weak on the national defense issue, and places too much trust in establishment military/.gov characters who are 100% committed to the status quo. Something that hasn't been faithfully operating in the interests of the American people for generations. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 12 September 2018, 17:12
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I care. The US is getting more involved in the conflict because of chemical weapons attacks, real or faked.
I still can't think of anything in Syria worth one American life. I feel the same way about Iraq and Afghanistan.
Old 12 September 2018, 17:56
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I still can't think of anything in Syria worth one American life. I feel the same way about Iraq and Afghanistan.
Your viewpoint is not shared by our elected and appointed leaders.
Old 12 September 2018, 19:08
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Your viewpoint is not shared by our elected and appointed leaders.
No doubt. Hell, I'm sure there's many people here on SOCNET who disagree with me.

Now that I have an adult son who's told me he wants to join the military after college, my position on every potential conflict revolves around "Is this worth my son's life?". I can only imagine a few possible scenarios where the answer is yes. Selfish, I know.
Old 12 September 2018, 19:10
Shakin' the bush Boss

That's not selfish, that's common sense.
Old 13 September 2018, 11:16

Quote:
I still can't think of anything in Syria worth one American life.
I was watching FOX the other day and during the break there was one of those boomer/evangelical-esque commercials stating that [insert evil scary background music] "The evil dictator Assad is poised to commit a humanitarian atrocity against his own people in Idlib [flash pictures of dirty toddlers and other emotional pictures]. Only President Trump has the power to stop him. Please call [some number/website/etc] to tell the President that you support his efforts to prevent this imminent massacre of innocent women and children NOW."

I rolled my eyes at the ridiculously overt McCain-syian warmongering propaganda ---- but then inwardly cringed because I know there are legions of brainwashed neocons that would still gladly send Americans to die for decades upon countless decades because they still believe the media propaganda.
Old 13 September 2018, 12:15
Confirmed User

I've seen some if the "staged" white helmets videos. My only take was it's just as easy to put a fake "staged" white helmet video as it is for the actual "white helmets" to video themselves actually saving people from rubble. There's no shortage of people in rubble over there...

As for the attacks being real or fake I don't see any reason to believe people online over the military and intelligence community. Maybe they've verified, maybe they haven't, but my money is on verification.

We don't want to be the saviors of the world, but we already made ourselves that way long ago.
Old 13 September 2018, 12:23
Administrator

3rd world shitheads killing other 3rd world shitheads. We never learn.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 13 September 2018, 14:16

I have a hankering suspicion that it's not so much in aid of the terrorists (although they are the immediate beneficiaries of intervention), but that certain people just want Assad gone and another bullshit puppet regime in place that they can control. THEN the "terrorists" can be killed ---- but not all at once of course. There needs to be a constant "T" presence to justify continual western presence to keep the 'new' status quo. 120k foot view, of course.
Old 13 September 2018, 15:10
Confirmed User

Manipulation of the media in this region is par for the course..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pallywood
Old 13 September 2018, 15:13
Old and Broke

I am happy letting Putin and Assad whack whoever needs whacking.
We can get out of Syria at this point and let the other side clean up aisle 3.
Old 13 September 2018, 15:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN View Post
I am happy letting Putin and Assad whack whoever needs whacking.
We can get out of Syria at this point and let the other side clean up aisle 3.
Exactly. No Arab, or anyone not American, will ever convince me to care more for their children than they do, especially when I see thousands of MAM's streaming across the Turkish border and deeper into Europe. Every male over the age of 15 stopped at the border should have been given a 'Welcome Aboard' package consisting of an AK, chest rig and 6 mags and directed to proceed south to fight for his own country.
Old 13 September 2018, 16:05
Administrator

I saw something yesterday about the French are now considering arming all LEO's in France. I wonder why the change of heart?
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 13 September 2018, 16:31
Been There Done That

^^^They are tired of the thugs and punks coming in.
Old 13 September 2018, 20:04
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
I saw something yesterday about the French are now considering arming all LEO's in France. I wonder why the change of heart?
Because of the non-French.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 13 September 2018, 23:19
Confirmed User

Assad has a hot educated wife and doesn't cover her with a trash bag, in a region that finds that kind of thing horrific.

That alone has made me wonder for a few years now if he is truly as evil as the media portrays him as being.

It's a very shallow view, I appreciate that, but without personally seeing him in action, all I have to go on is the media....who I constantly find disappointing.
Old 14 September 2018, 01:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I have a buddy (like many here) leaving for AFG in the very near future. This will be his (IIRC) his 12ish deployment. His younger brother did 5 deployments I believe and is struggling after he watched his best friend die. Enough.

Our new posting rules