Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > History

Old 11 January 2018, 13:49
Old Scroll

^^^ wow

What a treasure

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 11 January 2018, 13:55
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
^^^ wow

What a treasure
Ended! The discharge papers are pretty unique too.
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (1.15 MB, 89 views)
Old 11 January 2018, 14:36
Confirmed User

Wowzers, these are of amazing quality. How's the paper holding up?
Old 11 January 2018, 15:04
Calculating Infinity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB8541 View Post
There is no worse smell seared into the brain then burned or scorched flesh and a close second is rotting bloated bodies.

Something that is never forgotten and can take you strait back in a millisecond with one whiff of something similar in the air.
Sčen and smelled both, I'm gonna go w/ rotting bloated bodies by a nose The brutality endured by these men is hard to imagine.
Old 11 January 2018, 15:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul85 View Post
Wowzers, these are of amazing quality. How's the paper holding up?
Discharge papers are in great shape. I haven't got to see the Lady Columbia yet in person because my dad just revived it on the mail from a distant cousin who thought my grandfather would have wanted me to have it.
Old 12 January 2018, 06:27
BTDT

PBS did a great series, "The Great War". You should see all the BS propaganda the naive US population was fed back then. Oh, and we got that awesome "Espionage Act" out of it - the one they went after Thomas Drake with. Still on the books, yay freedom.
Old 12 January 2018, 11:23
Confirmed User

The Public awareness/boondoggle campaign starts way before the actual conflict is ignited. In the the past it was pretty easy to tell some half truths and some outright lies to get the people and their money behind a war with a simple news paper article and that has been well documented.

My fears are that nowadays information is everywhere and nowhere but to get the support of a nation with an enormous amount of information and connections around the world through Social Media, the bigger the misinformation campaign must be. One example, We were told before going into Kuwait that Babies were being tossed out onto the floor of hospitals to tug at our heart strings to gain support and later we all learned this was not true. We all know their have been many many more.

What will be done to get us into the next big one NK/Russia/China/Iran is the question. I am not a big conspiracy guy but the use of false flag ops and fake news campaigns have been used to take us into wars many times and that is verifible throughout the last 120 years or so.

The ante needs to keep up with the Social Media of the inter-webs reach by getting bigger and bolder for each next new war.

Our new posting rules