SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 6 December 2018, 07:20
Verified SOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Orthotics might not be the answer. What orthotics will do is cure the symptoms but the best thing to do is to see if you can find what is causing the issue in the first place.
That's a fact, plus I think one of the problems is I do treatment until just a few months and it no longer hurts.. that turns to a year or two, and then back to square one... when the pain just came back I had just started to wear a new pair boots...
Old 7 December 2018, 11:45
BTDT

Vitamin D Cured Me

I've done just about everything. Podiatrist - therapy, orthotics, stretching, shots every 6 months - for 5 years.

Vitamin D cured me. High quality Vitamin D, 2000 IU per day for 2 weeks. My pain went away after about 8 or 10 days.

Then I reduced it to 1000 IU per day. I've been cured for about 2 years.
Old 7 December 2018, 12:22
Confirmed User

Plantar Fasciitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Fiddy View Post
...Vitamin D cured me. High quality Vitamin D, 2000 IU per day for 2 weeks. My pain went away after about 8 or 10 days...
I find that Vitamin P helps me!
Old 7 December 2018, 13:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Fiddy View Post
I've done just about everything. Podiatrist - therapy, orthotics, stretching, shots every 6 months - for 5 years.

Vitamin D cured me. High quality Vitamin D, 2000 IU per day for 2 weeks. My pain went away after about 8 or 10 days.

Then I reduced it to 1000 IU per day. I've been cured for about 2 years.
What got you to try that? That's interesting, would have never thought about that.

Did you have your Vitamin D tested before you started to try it?

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 7 December 2018, 17:44
BTDT

who prompted me to try this???

I got the idea from my wife. She read an article, told me about it, and it seemed worth a try.

I didn't have it tested before I tried it. I went to a local compounding pharmacy, which carries a lot of high quality vitamins, etc. and just went with what they had in stock.

I use Ortho Molecular Products brand
Vitamin D, 5000 IU

(5,000 IU is a correction from my earlier post)

I took two (10,000 IU) for about 2 weeks, then reduced to one per day (5,000 IU) as my maintenance dosage.
Old 7 December 2018, 17:56
Confirmed User

^That's cool that worked out for you. Something I've never heard of and would've never thought of. Will hopefully remember that if I know someone who gets it.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan

Our new posting rules