Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old Yesterday, 15:53
Been There Done That

Took the Glock 17 out shooting yesterday. Same range, same distance as did with the 21 last week. Definitely shooting much better with the 21.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old Yesterday, 16:03
Been There Done That

I've always found that I can get back on target faster with .45 Glocks than other calibers, and fastest of all of them with the G30. Something to do with slide velocity, slide mass, and recoil impulse. I still prefer my 9mm Glocks, though.
Old Yesterday, 16:05
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I've always found that I can get back on target faster with .45 Glocks than other calibers, and fastest of all of them with the G30. Something to do with slide velocity, slide mass, and recoil impulse. I still prefer my 9mm Glocks, though.
Yeah......but 9mm just kills the body, .45 kills the soul.

Old Yesterday, 16:09
Been There Done That

Another 30 is on my short, very short list, like in the next few weeks. Just again, debating Gen 4 or Gen 3 SF. For the full size 21 I like the Gen 4. (as if I get another model 20). But, for the 30 probably go Gen 3 SF. The 30 as well has always had the dual recoil spring. As I stated before, when had my 30, I was as well very accurate with it. But, yeah, it is nice having that 18 round capacity, lighter weight, slimmer profile of the Glock 17. Just an all around performer.

Old Yesterday, 16:28
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Another 30 is on my short, very short list, like in the next few weeks. Just again, debating Gen 4 or Gen 3 SF. For the full size 21 I like the Gen 4. (as if I get another model 20). But, for the 30 probably go Gen 3 SF. The 30 as well has always had the dual recoil spring. As I stated before, when had my 30, I was as well very accurate with it. But, yeah, it is nice having that 18 round capacity, lighter weight, slimmer profile of the Glock 17. Just an all around performer.
Go shoot the 41 and 30S. If I were to get back into .45 Glocks, those would be the ones.

Our new posting rules