SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Professional Development and Education

Old 1 September 2014, 20:37
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
Coincidentally we were issued our new Glocks this weekend, and my rounds were definitely hitting the left side of the paper. I'm not sure if this was the Glock or just me but least I have an excuse now!

When you say "bury you finger" what does that mean?
Macka, sorry for the delay.

Traditionally, we are taught to put the middle of first pad of our trigger finger on the trigger for an auto and the first joint for a revolver.

The good SGM and HF0311 says get as much finger in the trigger guard as possible, like maybe the pad btx the second and first joint.

If you watch Kyle Lamb shoot his S&W M and P, he does the same thing.
Old 1 September 2014, 20:42
The Sagacious One

Anyone take his vehicle class? I am looking for a car to put on my range as a training aid.
Old 28 September 2014, 09:54
On the Extract Bird

Took this class in May of this year, in NJ. Pat Mac was a great instructor whose drills required shooters to put out physically and mentally. Offline, a wealth of information and insightful and intelligent mind.
Old 19 October 2018, 03:21
Chuck Norris Approved

I know this is a very old post but I just recently took his class in September. As TFG alluded to, there is a lot of internet theatrics that are taught and he does not over complicate things. Simple, and concise in his reasoning. I was able to take a lot away from the training and would highly recommend attending one of his courses if you have the opportunity.
Old 19 October 2018, 12:17
Voodoo guru

Glad to see this post, and glad to see Pat getting good press. He seems like a truly good guy and a helluva lotta fun to be around.

My question:
Time being in short supply, I am vacillating between taking Pat's class, or one of John "Shrek" McPhee's classes. If I had the time, I'd go to both; but can't go wrong either way.

Does anyone have a POV on which class is simply better for an old grunt that wants rust knocked off, and to simply be a better shooter from a shooting enjoyment and fundamental's improvements for 3 gun?

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 19 October 2018, 20:42
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post
Glad to see this post, and glad to see Pat getting good press. He seems like a truly good guy and a helluva lotta fun to be around.

My question:
Time being in short supply, I am vacillating between taking Pat's class, or one of John "Shrek" McPhee's classes. If I had the time, I'd go to both; but can't go wrong either way.

Does anyone have a POV on which class is simply better for an old grunt that wants rust knocked off, and to simply be a better shooter from a shooting enjoyment and fundamental's improvements for 3 gun?
Flip a coin. Both of those dudes are talented and both have killed more people than smallpox. Go see the other one one day down the road. That being said, I anticipate someday soon you will be seeing guys from the Regiment with as much or more street cred as anyone from the unit, and they earned it many times over. I saw many times both Tier 1 units decline a target package because it wasn't high enough on the JPEL. I never once saw the Regiment decline a target package unless there was a very very good reason.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top

Our new posting rules