SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 16 February 2018, 05:18
Been There Done That

Thumbs up Powerblocks

Picked these up two weeks ago, and am loving them! Whole set of dumbells in one compact package. I am also finding out they are very well balanced due to the block shape, keeping the center close to your grip. Very easy to use and adjust. Very durable. Been getting some good intense dumbells workouts with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0733.jpg (19.5 KB, 132 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 16 February 2018, 07:53
BTDT

Definitely nice if you have the money/find a good deal. I went with the SelcTech 552s cuz I found them for $229 way back (1090s if you have the money). Ebay also sells the OEM versions for less. Just recently picked up some Titan Fitness conventional adjustables (old school as heck and not as convenient, but good buy for the weight you get).

https://www.titan.fitness/strength-e...s-200-lbs.html

Titan is a Home Gym owners dream. Their Power Racks are awesome quality.
Old 16 February 2018, 11:08
Been There Done That

I paid $319 for the powerblocks at Dicks sporting goods. The stand was $129, but the manager gave me 50% off on the stand, since was a display model ( and also nice then was already assembled.). There are some things I buy that think were money well spent and worth the price, the powerblocks are proving that. As well as my water tower and $110 inversion table I bought at walmart.

I still have my old Soloflex bench I use. Still have soloflex dumbells, but they are over 15 years old and they were getting worn out. A PITA to change the plates. Keep a set of kettle bells at my martial arts school, and dumbells there also. But wanted a set at my home to work out with. I also tried out Bowflexes adjustable dumbells at the store, but preferred the powerblocks over them for many reasons. Easier to adjust, all metal, weights stay near your grip and not as lengthy.

Old 17 February 2018, 08:04
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
I paid $319 for the powerblocks at Dicks sporting goods.
Good price, what's the max weight for that set? Agree, PBs don't get in the way for some exercises like the SelecTech's can.
Old 17 February 2018, 08:31

Whoa Poly, you’re not kidding, Titan has some smoking deals on home equipment. Definitely cheaper than I’ve seen Rogue stuff selling for.

We had some Powerblocks at our crap JSS gym in Baghdad, something like 10 years ago. They were awesome, initially my hands felt trapped but I got over that quickly.
Old 18 February 2018, 06:52
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpaws View Post
Whoa Poly, youíre not kidding, Titan has some smoking deals on home equipment. Definitely cheaper than Iíve seen Rogue stuff selling for.
Rogue... I'd be on food-stamps if I had to buy everything from them.
Old 19 February 2018, 16:54
Been There Done That

A buddy at work has the Bowflex and loves the 'all those sets in one' part of it and got me convinced. I went to Dick's and saw the two types of Powerblock models and liked the feel of the 'sport' model best. Glad you reviewed them here. I'll probably pick up a set.
Old 19 February 2018, 17:44
Been There Done That

I tried out the Sport powerblocks and Bowflex model both at Dicks also. The powerblocks seem more sturdy built, shorter in length also so not get in way. Power block IMO are easier to adjust the weights. There have been some bad reviews on the control ratchets on the power blocks and have to do on each end of each dumbelll - and one was broken on one of the display models.

Our new posting rules