Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 1 March 2018, 14:49
Confirmed User

VT Group needs Electronic Techs..

My company that I work for got a little over there head. They won a whole bunch of Submarine Radio Room upgrade contracts, but dont have the people to hire.
They dont pay allot, but if ya need a job, can travel, and have a Secret Clearance they will take ya. 2-4 months travel each job to exotic places like Kittery Maine, Groton CT, Bangor Wa, Guam, and Hawaii.. You will work a minimum of 60 hrs, under crappy supervision. Your connex should have a mini fridge and small as microwave for your 30 min lunch...
Its not hard work, pulling cable, grinding, painting (little), pop riveting, banding, and they will train you to make connectors.
So, if in need of a job, VT Group.
If ya can mention my name, great, I get money out of it.. Hey, being honest.
http://www.vt-group.com/careers/
Old 1 March 2018, 15:38
Been There Done That

Where is the Electronic Tech in that job description?
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 1 March 2018, 15:46
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Where is the Electronic Tech in that job description?
Precisely. On the Sub side of our company due to cost and time, we are jacks of all trades, master on none.
But, you do build electronic cables, and racks etc. When done, a team comes in, loads software, and you can be the Electronics Technician that stays on and does troubleshooting and repairs.
You will read navsea drawings, etc and have to comprehend them.. ,
This is not an ET from the Navy.. I think Job descriptions online are BS, to an extent, just to get you onboard.
And some companies use the same title for different levels of experience. AIT, can be called an Engineer Tech.
This job is a great job to get feet wet into Government Contracting, especially for young people just needing a job/career right out of service. On the road, per diem, overtime...

Our new posting rules