SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 10 March 2018, 10:06
BTDT

Loading Patterns

These 3 loading patterns have worked very well for me. You do them in order. I only hit them once per micro-cycle (for me about 10 days) since I'm not specializing for a powerlifting competition - but you could shorten that and maybe do even better.

I don't remember my starting 1RMs before GLP 1, but I know for a fact what my 1RMs were before starting GLP 2, which I just finished and tested (Bench and Deadlift so far - Squat test is in 2 days).

Flat Barbell Bench Press increased from 265lbs to 290lbs, and Deadlift increased from 395lbs to 430lbs (and I could have gotten 435 but I played it safe). Starting the RSPG next week with new max's.

Training Age (consistent, proper training/programming/nutrition): ~4 years

Give'em a shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GLP1.jpg (73.3 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg GLP2.jpg (44.9 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg RSPG.jpg (45.5 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by Polypro; 10 March 2018 at 10:13.
Old 13 March 2018, 00:42
Confirmed User

Thatís really great. Itís a good example of age having nothing to do with physical ability.
Old 13 March 2018, 17:42
Time is a flat circle

I was week 7 in the cube method when my appendix tried to kill me. Thinking I'm gonna give this a shot in week or two.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 16 March 2018, 07:54
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
I was week 7 in the cube method when my appendix tried to kill me. Thinking I'm gonna give this a shot in week or two.
Give'em a shot. I am seriously impressed after GLP2. Bench increased 25lbs from 265 to 290, Deadlift 35lbs from 395 to 430, and Squat 35lbs from 330 to 365. That's with about 5lbs in reserve, as I would rather go light and succeed, than try and fail - all lifts felt like an RPE 9 (Rate of perceived exertion).

By comparison, those are the type of increases people see with the (Legal) DHEA based Pro-Hormone 1-AD. Granted, you get that in 8 weeks with the 1-AD vs 16 weeks of just training, but still!!! The RSPG is slotted to add 5%, so we'll see...
Old 17 March 2018, 10:19
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Give'em a shot.
I am very soon. I not supposed to pick up anything more than 10lbs for 6 weeks post appendectomy. Not really subscribing to doctors orders but not trying to move the planet either. In another week, it will be time to start getting back after it.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 17 March 2018, 16:39
0311/8651

Going to try your %s just for something different
Old 18 March 2018, 08:04
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP MARINE View Post
Going to try your %s just for something different
If you're good at Microsoft Excel, you can make a spreadsheet that auto-populates the poundages - I just use a calculator

I love these things. they're actually from the old 'Powerlifiting USA' magazine of the 70's-80's. There's a 4th one called the Russian 10% Solution, but it's complicated as F to type out.

I'm interested to see what happens the second time around - I mean, there comes a point in your training career where you will be scambling to add 10lbs to a lift in a *year*, LOL. I'm only in my 5th year though.
Old 18 March 2018, 08:06
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
I am very soon. I not supposed to pick up anything more than 10lbs for 6 weeks post appendectomy. Not really subscribing to doctors orders but not trying to move the planet either. In another week, it will be time to start getting back after it.
Wait. A re-injury will take you out a lot longer than 6 weeks. The Big 3 is all core bracing as you know - especially if you lift true 'Raw'. It'll still be there in June.
Old 18 March 2018, 11:53
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Wait. A re-injury will take you out a lot longer than 6 weeks. The Big 3 is all core bracing as you know - especially if you lift true 'Raw'. It'll still be there in June.
I've had to tell myself this over and over again. Doing a lot of cardio right now. You don't realize how weights benefit your mental health until you can't pick them up.

Our new posting rules