SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Psyop/Civil Affairs

Closed Thread

Old 31 March 2006, 15:36
SOCNET Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DROB
...Prepares, stores and retrieves information on PSYOP related intelligence, plans, campaigns and products. Assists and performs intelligence functions as required.
For those of you who need spoon feeding, this means research and reading and writing.

The 4 Soldierly Values: Candor, Courage, Competence, Commitment

Ekky Ekky Ekky Ekky p-Tang Zoo Boing mumble, mumble
Old 31 March 2006, 15:39
Confirmed User

Welcome to the United States Army. I'm Sergeant Hulka. I'm your drill sergeant. Before we proceed any further, we gotta get something straight. Your mamas are not here to take care of you now. It's just you, me, and Uncle Sam. And before I leave you, you're gonna find out that me and Uncle Sam are one in the same.
John Winger: Uncle Hulka?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sergeant Hulka: When I tell you move, you'll move fast. When I tell you to jump, you're gonna say, "How high?" And make no mistake. I don't care where you come from, I don't care what color you are, I don't care how smart you are, I don't care how dumb you are, 'cause I'm gonna teach every last one of you how to eat, sleep, walk, talk, shoot, shit like a United States soldier. Understand?
Cruiser: Yes, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sergeant Hulka: You don't say "sir" to me, I'm a sergeant, I work for a living.
Soldiers: Yes, sergeant!
Sergeant Hulka: I didn't hear you!
Soldiers: YES, SERGEANT!
Sergeant Hulka: *That's* what I wanna hear.
John Winger: Do you think this guy's over-doing it a bit?

Sergeant Hulka: Now, since nobody else has got the guts...
[turns to John]
Sergeant Hulka: ...to admit it, the rest of this platoon... will do the next two weekends on KP.
[soldiers groan]
Sergeant Hulka: How's that sound to you, mister?
John Winger: I think it sucks.

"CPT!!!! - Stop Rat F**king thru the MRE Box"!

There's no booze, there's no broads, there's no action! That's another thing - don't fool around with the women. Their husbands carry guns. And don't forget, the penalty for looting is death. Loot what? There's nothing here to loot!
Old 1 April 2006, 16:58
Probationary User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver
She DID find it on SOCNET, but didn't want to admit that she used the Search/DOOGLE feature here.

Sooooooo......

To save face and NOT admit defeat, she just said that she found it on another site.

http://www.armybasic.org/portal/index.php

I searched things here before I posted and although there IS alot of info on here, I didn't find exactly what I was looking for. On armybasic's site I came across the blog of someone who had graduated from 37F AIT, also I've met 3 other people with the same MOS that will be going to Jackson at the same time as me. I guess thats really more what I was looking for...not a bunch of old curmudgeons.

I think DogofWar is there as well...at least there's someone with the same sn asking similar questions.
Old 1 April 2006, 21:31
Amateur Barbarian

I was going to throw in a witty retort of some kind to that curmudgeon remark but then figured why bother. Enjoy basic training, really have the best time ever!

Last edited by PSYOP ROB; 1 April 2006 at 21:45.
Old 1 April 2006, 23:24
Whatever Sucks the Most

Your sense of entitlement is based on false premises.

No one here is under any compulsion to give a flying fuck about your interests or desires.

Respect the old curmudgeons here, or be gone.

Signed,

Dickhead Curmudgeon Moderator

Last edited by magician; 2 April 2006 at 18:37.
Old 1 April 2006, 23:51
Probationary User

Quote:
Originally Posted by magician
Your sense of entitlement is based on false premises.

No one here is under any compulsion to give a flying fuck about your interests or desires.

Respect the old curmudgeons here, or be gone.

Signed,

Dickhead Curmudgeon Moderator

Righht..I'm under no obligation to respect you or your fellow "curmudgeon" compatriots. I show respect to those who respect me. (until boot at least)

DROB...thank you, I'm going to try hard in basic and I plan on enjoying it, take care.

Last edited by magician; 2 April 2006 at 06:33.
Old 2 April 2006, 00:05
Whatever Sucks the Most

Buh Bye.

Our new posting rules