Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 19 April 2017, 09:16
It is what it is...

Thank you to the admin for approving me. I'm nothing overly special. Mainly a security guard. My grandfather served 20 years in the navy, retired as a chief and my cousin currently serves in the army and is currently stationed in Alaska last I've heard. I have no prior military experience but I know a few people that do.
Old 19 April 2017, 10:28

Hey everyone,

Prior service army 19D, one tour overseas to Iraq back in 2006. Came back and been working in the medical field, myriad of 911 EMS experience and went into trauma nursing, flight nursing and now back into trauma nursing. Future looks bright, looking at possibly seeing what opportunities there are overseas working in the medical field and you guys seem to have tons of great info. Also wanting to share whatever medical experience I can to the community.

Last edited by PatrickofSteele; 19 April 2017 at 10:33.
Old 19 April 2017, 10:30

Introduction

Hey everyone,

I have been here in the past under a different account but forgot my login info for the email address. I decided to start a new account. Eitherway, I am a US Army veteran and defense contractor. I have exclusively worked within the intelligence and defense community for 9 years. I look forward to getting to know everyone better in the forums.

Respectfully,

"Inveniemus Vos"

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 19 April 2017 at 10:34. Reason: I helped you with your PERSEC
Old 19 April 2017, 10:33
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerj88 View Post
Hey everyone,

I have been here in the past under a different account but forgot my login info for the email address. I decided to start a new account. Eitherway, I am a US Army veteran and defense contractor. I have exclusively worked within the intelligence and defense community for 9 years. I look forward to getting to know everyone better in the forums.

Respectfully,

"Inveniemus Vos"
You may want to remove your name.

Welcome.

Support SOCNET.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 19 April 2017 at 10:35. Reason: You quoting it only perpetuates it
Old 19 April 2017, 12:48

Prior servic enlisted 31p. Then intelligence contractor for a few agencies in DC for 10 years. Now semi retired. Looking for some information, and some local contacts.
Old 19 April 2017, 15:17
SOCRecruiting
Visitor

Retired veteran of 23 yrs (USN-4yrs(Aviation, HS-6)+USA-19yrs(Engineer)). Traveled the globe, honored to have served with so many honorable service members thence retired. Have been in defense contracting 15+ years supporting other veterans with SOC opportunities.
Old 19 April 2017, 16:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCRecruiting View Post
Retired veteran of 23 yrs (USN-4yrs(Aviation, HS-6)+USA-19yrs(Engineer)). Traveled the globe, honored to have served with so many honorable service members thence retired. Have been in defense contracting 15+ years supporting other veterans with SOC opportunities.
Welcome! Make sure you read the stickies about posting and make sure you get permission prior to posting jobs.

Lots of qualified folks here...
Old 19 April 2017, 16:21

My Intro

I am a former Marine and Vietnam Vet. My MOS was as a FO for Naval Guns. I didn't get to Nam until late '72 so I served with MACV out of Saigon.
I am in technical marketing and sales currently working on mobile projects.
Old 19 April 2017, 17:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
I just noticed that you're recruiting for SallyPort; we already have a member, SallyPortGlobalTeam that posts jobs.

Are you the new guy/replacement or someone fishing in the same pond as your colleague?

Also, why is your screen name "SOCRecruiting", giving rise to the belief that you represent SOC (SOC-USA)? Or is the intent that you're a 'Special Operations Community Recruiter'?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 19 April 2017, 18:07

Hello!

I have no military background. I've been actively pursuing the military for roughly 3 years now (lifelong dream however) but the location of tattoos/color vision deficiency has thus far prevented me from enlisting. I am currently pursuing a medical waiver from the Air Force since the tattoo regulations were revised in February of this year. I currently work in the radio broadcast industry, and am an admirer of the SOF community.
Old 19 April 2017, 19:42

Howdy

Served 15 yrs active duty, 3 as a 13B, 12 as 96H,
750+ hours right seating an OV-1D Mohawk.
Ft. Hood 93-98 (15th MI, 303rd MI, 104th MI)
87-93 1st MI
85-87 2/2 FA
83-85 1/10 FA

Native Texan. Logger to soldier to consultant. I do ok these days, but generally feel like I could have/should done more. So just trying to stay connected. Respect for the brothers who did more, were more and are more.

RTT
Old 19 April 2017, 19:59

Hello all!

Retired Ordnance Chief Petty Officer here. 25 years active, multiple platforms and many deployment sites in that time. Like to stay in touch with what's still going on even though I'm not able to be there anymore. Relaxing in sunny Florida now. Great threads on here to read, love it! Keep it up.

IYAOYAS!
Old 20 April 2017, 09:40
SOCRecruiting
Visitor

Yes, thanks for asking! Recruiting for Sallyport, a Special Operations Community (SOC) Recruiter specifically for the IC community. No one left here for the Sallyportglobalteam (forward deployed) and haven't much luck in obtaining who had setup originally. New guy replacement for +6mos. Upon approval will be posting for current IC Operators, standby!
Old 20 April 2017, 12:50
Been There Done That

Quote:
Yes, thanks for asking! Recruiting for Sallyport, a Special Operations Community (SOC) Recruiter specifically for the IC community. No one left here for the Sallyportglobalteam (forward deployed) and haven't much luck in obtaining who had setup originally. New guy replacement for +6mos. Upon approval will be posting for current IC Operators, standby!
Thanks for the quick reply.

Carry on!
Old 20 April 2017, 17:13

Sallyportglobalteam Intro - Veterans Hiring Veterans

Served 23 yrs prior to making a tough decision to retire. Served in the USN Aviation field (HS-6) out in San Diego, thence USA Engineer (Transpo) until voluntold for USAREC tour finishing career in USAREC as an Operations NCOIC. Upon retirement still serving in defense contractor +15yrs in various roles as IC Recruiter, Technical and Special Operations. Veteran hiring veterans with Sallyport and a great team of other special operations veterans. It is an honor to have the opportunity to be registered on this site, "Thanks!"
Old 21 April 2017, 11:02

I'm Greg, ex-PJ, currently living in the Durango CO area. Look me up if you find yourself in the area.
Old 21 April 2017, 13:42
Authorized Personnel

I felt it necessary to post a re-introduction since I have not been active on this site in 7+ years. I have changed location, job and more than a couple woman in that timeframe. Once again, my military background started in 1981 in a support position with 7th GP. Fast forward 20+ yrs. and I found myself right back in the same place in a CA unit. Good times. I have started a new business specializing in electrical discharge machining within the Aerospace/Defense industries currently working on a large project for Virginia class submarines, sections thereof being constructed just a short distance SE of my location. Also involved in a Gyroscopic stabilization project. I look forward to catching up with many on this site and gaining further knowledge.
Old 22 April 2017, 16:13

Hi Everyone -

I'm a non-military member work as conflict analyst for the past 17 years. South East Asia, South Sudan, Yemen, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Currently living in Erbil with regular visits to West Mosul.

Cheers,
Old 22 April 2017, 18:09
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia|Black View Post
Hi Everyone -

I'm a non-military member work as conflict analyst for the past 17 years. South East Asia, South Sudan, Yemen, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Currently living in Erbil with regular visits to West Mosul.

Cheers,
Welcome and stay safe!
Old 25 April 2017, 11:50
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady1 View Post
I felt it necessary to post a re-introduction since I have not been active on this site in 7+ years. I have changed location, job and more than a couple woman in that timeframe. Once again, my military background started in 1981 in a support position with 7th GP. Fast forward 20+ yrs. and I found myself right back in the same place in a CA unit. Good times. I have started a new business specializing in electrical discharge machining within the Aerospace/Defense industries currently working on a large project for Virginia class submarines, sections thereof being constructed just a short distance SE of my location. Also involved in a Gyroscopic stabilization project. I look forward to catching up with many on this site and gaining further knowledge.

To help some of you remember who this mug is, I've pasted up a nice picture, late in OIF-1, on the confines of BIAP.

Our new posting rules