SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 13 June 2016, 14:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
So it seems that an Imam is supposed to be enroute to Sanford, right up the road from Orlando to preach at a mosque there about why gays need to be killed. He says it is out of compassion. That should go over well.
Same Sanford, FL of Zimmerman fame? I guess that's the place for all fucktards to hangout.
Old 13 June 2016, 14:55
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Stepping into a vacuum for a minute, and setting aside "700 rounds a minute," what would you say to someone who told you the following:

"If somebody like him had nothing worse to deal with than a Glock pistol…he might have killed three or four people and not 50. It’s way too easy to kill people in America today, and we have to think long and hard about what to do about that.”
Once again while technically correct it is a strawman argument. it falls way short of any valid argument that should allow any politicians to take more weapons away from society in general. However to answer your question... A Glock pistol could have been concealed inside the club and used from any myriad of concealed or covered positions and would still have caused massive damage in a packed night club. For instance...Shit head has a long coat/purse or something that can somewhat hide the muzzle flash and it is game on. Shoot off a mag, wait for the mass exit to happen, reload and shoot everyone at the end of the line, reload repeat.

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 13 June 2016, 14:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
Just heard the POTUS speak. I didn't disagree with much.
Not surprised. What did you actually disagree with? How do you think the Republicans should capture the narrative?

While a Glock will require more mag changes, the illustration you quoted demonstrates ignorance.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I’m attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 13 June 2016, 15:00
Moving Target

Quote:
Dude, you seriously make me laugh out loud. Great post IMO.
I agree, we need to drink a beer sometime.
Old 13 June 2016, 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
but when you have an organized group of homos and lezzies and trannies who are speaking out against "it's the guns" then we should be promoting them as fully as possible to those other homos, because there could be some homos out there who haven't heard of the fact that some gays can kick your ass, and pack more than fudge, they pack heat and it's ok to be a homo and carry a gun to protect yourself.
Where are they at? What channel? What national news network has them on (lol, besides Fox)? Where are they picketing at? What "extremist" LGBT event are they using megaphones to shame? What anti-gun cuck apologist are they doxxing and trying to have fired? What BLM lives are they ruining? What are the congressional halls they are packing in and shouting down and harassing staffers and interns? What presidential candidate are they forcing off stage?

Some milqu-toast little based gay-boy talking about how he 'understands' that guns are not the problem, in a rational well-thought out tone, isn't a counter-force to the fucking vast golden-hordes of hentai-masturbating demi-sexual freaks that's running the LGBT show now.

And it damn sure isn't anywhere remotely effective against the shitlib subversive powers that are coordinating and supporting these radical LGBT fronts.

So in the end, they do not matter. Just as the non-commie conscientious objector sitting at home preaching peace at a home bible study group session doesn't mean a flying fuck to the grunt slinging lead against the VC in some rice-paddy in Asia.
Old 13 June 2016, 15:08
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
I really wish more people would understand this and stop thinking that they are so "enlightened" and "civilized" by constantly engaging shitlibs in this gun-control discussion and dialogue. You will not win them over, and they will not see reason.

No waiting periods.
I don't want to engage liberals. I want the Right to engage the American people. This merry-go round of the Left blaming the guns, and the Right pointing to the 2nd Amendment, isn't going to last much longer, IMO. That is why I am asking the questions - because yes I am ignorant when it comes to some of the 2nd Amendment rights regarding AR15 and similar assault rifles. I don't want to give up my right to an AR15, I want some sort of engagement on high levels between politicians who want to do more than talk past each other - heck citizens do that shit just fine.
Old 13 June 2016, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
Once again while technically correct it is a strawman argument. it falls way short of any valid argument that should allow any politicians to take more weapons away from society in general. However to answer your question... A Glock pistol could have been concealed inside the club and used from any myriad of concealed or covered positions and would still have caused massive damage in a packed night club. For instance...Shit head has a long coat/purse or something that can somewhat hide the muzzle flash and it is game on. Shoot off a mag, wait for the mass exit to happen, reload and shoot everyone at the end of the line, reload repeat.
But if the shooter had an AR15, had the same opportunity you list above, wouldn't he have doubled the loss of life? I mean your description details what someone with just a little training and accuracy could have done. Isn't the death rate higher with an AR15?

(and yes I understand asking these questions on this site is almost kin to speaking about abortion or religion. I am just trying to educate myself so I better understand the debate.)
Old 13 June 2016, 15:18
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
But if the shooter had an AR15, had the same opportunity you list above, wouldn't he have doubled the loss of life? I mean your description details what someone with just a little training and accuracy could have done. Isn't the death rate higher with an AR15?

(and yes I understand asking these questions on this site is almost kin to speaking about abortion or religion. I am just trying to educate myself so I better understand the debate.)
Ok, We could keep going on and on with this. I would offer that if there was one trained person with a CCW(in a club it is illegal) with a clear shot line, they could have negated the threat within a few shots from shithead.

Old 13 June 2016, 15:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-Harper View Post
What would I say...

I could kill 50 people with 50 rnds and a single shot Mosseburg shotgun in a gun free zone!!!

Guns aren't the problem. People are.
Fair enough. So in that same vein couldn't you do much more damage with an AR15?

I'm not trying to grab your AR15. I'm trying to remove hyperbole and spin. The 2nd Amendment not only guarantees my right, but more specifically declares there will me NO infringement on my right. I'm quite certain the Founders would tell us the 2nd Amendment is more relative now than in their day. And I agree.

I'm backing away from this debate now. I'm not going to continue to poke and aggravate while I hijack a thread. Thanks all.
Old 13 June 2016, 15:20

Quote:
Ok, We could keep going on and on with this. I would offer that if there was one trained person with a CCW(in a club it is illegal) with a clear shot line, they could have negated the threat within a few shots from shithead.
Fucking A right. No question.
Old 13 June 2016, 15:21
Un-confirmed User

Quote:

Doesn't matter what this guy had. AR-15, SAW, Remington 870 12ga, pressure cooker bomb in a back pack, suitcase nuke, or a little Jennings .22. Guns aren't the problem...People are!
Old 13 June 2016, 15:22
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
So in the end, they do not matter.
You're right. They don't. Carry on.

No good has ever come of a David taking on a Goliath. No change has ever occurred from one person doing one thing. One person publishing pamphlets hasn't changed the course of history (ahem, ours). Small groups of infiltrators have never had an effect against an entire strong regime.

They should just stop paying on their monthly website fees and give up now. Nothing has ever come of a small, strong, consistent voice against loudmouths.

You know how they definitely will never matter? When people dismiss their message and throw their hands up in the air and give up.

There are 45 chapters across the US. If people actually gave a shit about this instead of woe-is-using on the internet they'd find one, volunteer to help teach those fags to shoot, so those fags will talk to other ones and get them out there, and those gays will talk to more and get them out there and you will find that in time you have many more people talking about how personal responsibility is key and that only they can protect themselves.

But it's a long game, not for everyone of course.

Last edited by KidA; 13 June 2016 at 15:29.
Old 13 June 2016, 15:26
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
There was an off-duty Orlando cop working security who actually engaged teh goblin, and I think 2 others nearby who also engaged very early.

Sometimes, the bad guys get lucky.

He was also licensed in FL as an armed guard. So many anti-gun people are forgetting that. In my mind, there's a huge question as to how he was supposedly under 2 federal investigations, and still had that armed license.

Also, I'm unclear on Lautenberg. It's my understanding that any DV charge, no matter the final outcome, earns a permanent disability. He was previously charged with DV, although it was pleaded down to a misdemeanor. How does that work?
Old 13 June 2016, 15:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
Stepping into a vacuum for a minute, and setting aside "700 rounds a minute," what would you say to someone who told you the following:

Because I have to say the Left is writing this narrative while the Right just keeps holding steady. No, I do not own an AR15. No, I do not want to eliminate your rights to own an AR15.

But there is a growing number of Americans who are siding with the above statement because the Right has not taken control of this narrative and developed a workable plan to get guns away from killers.

Yes I truly understand that lone wolf shooters, crazy m'fers, radical Islam, etc.. cannot be legislated against. But how long should someone wait for an AR15? What is an acceptable waiting period for assault rifles? Who should actually own these weapons? I think the 2nd Amendment is 2nd for a reason, so if my questions are anti-2nd Amendment I don't mean them to be. I am searching for answers in a crazy world.
Four points to consider:
1. The "NY reload"
2. How many loaded Glocks could a person carry in a duffel?
3. Perhaps a waiting period for AR15's makes sense, until it's you're family that's being threatened and needs to arm themselves.
4. A long-arm is easier for an onlooker/potential victom to grab and control without getting shot.
Old 13 June 2016, 15:32
Another pool cleaner

This was mass murder. The method of murder should not be relevant.

Murder/death is so blase' nowadays, unless it's someone eating someone, or if race, gender, religion, or nationality is involved. It just is not sensational otherwise.

RIP to the dead. Speedy recovery to the injured.

Thanks to all who donated their time, blood and effort.

I would not want to the first responders on that call.
Old 13 June 2016, 15:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
Pretty much what Octoberfest said. Not directed at you at all.
Understood and understood.

Respectfully,

Hoepoe
Old 13 June 2016, 15:41
Confirmed User

I have some gay friends and many more people I associate with on social media have many more. I have let people know about the Pink Pistols in the past as well as over the couple days since the shooting. I plan to keep doing it.

I hope to turn a few dim light bulbs on and I hope that group gets a lot more traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
You're right. They don't. Carry on.

No good has ever come of a David taking on a Goliath. No change has ever occurred from one person doing one thing. One person publishing pamphlets hasn't changed the course of history (ahem, ours). Small groups of infiltrators have never had an effect against an entire strong regime.

They should just stop paying on their monthly website fees and give up now. Nothing has ever come of a small, strong, consistent voice against loudmouths.

You know how they definitely will never matter? When people dismiss their message and throw their hands up in the air and give up.

There are 45 chapters across the US. If people actually gave a shit about this instead of woe-is-using on the internet they'd find one, volunteer to help teach those fags to shoot, so those fags will talk to other ones and get them out there, and those gays will talk to more and get them out there and you will find that in time you have many more people talking about how personal responsibility is key and that only they can protect themselves.

But it's a long game, not for everyone of course.
Old 13 June 2016, 15:45
Been There Done That

Daddy Trump just got on the TV and dropped the hammer "bigly" on Islam.

Can't wait to see the whining in the press tommorow. I think this will regain the momentum lost due to the judge incident.
19 Oct 2017
Old 13 June 2016, 15:47
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
There was an off-duty Orlando cop working security who actually engaged teh goblin, and I think 2 others nearby who also engaged very early.

Sometimes, the bad guys get lucky.
Yep, they sure do.

Old 13 June 2016, 15:52

Quote:
I don't want to engage liberals. I want the Right to engage the American people. This merry-go round of the Left blaming the guns, and the Right pointing to the 2nd Amendment, isn't going to last much longer, IMO. That is why I am asking the questions - because yes I am ignorant when it comes to some of the 2nd Amendment rights regarding AR15 and similar assault rifles. I don't want to give up my right to an AR15, I want some sort of engagement on high levels between politicians who want to do more than talk past each other - heck citizens do that shit just fine.
Ah ok, gotcha.

IMO, the problem is that the American people want easy to digest solutions spoon-fed to them that satiates the all-important emotional "feel-good" portions of their pleasure/reward brain centers. They want that hit of dopamine that their brain gets when they hit that "like" button on facebook. Or when they give that dollar to the wretched bum on the street. Or when they get to "blog about equality". Or "vote for the first woman president".

The 2nd Amendment is infinitely impossible for them to understand because it's very nature is anathema to their central world-view --- namely that govt is good and provides food and shelter to the homeless, oppressed, and downtrodden people of America/the World. It would be as if you said to Christians, "We need to have instruments of the Devil available to us, just in case Jesus comes back and he's not the good guy we've always been told he is.". It simply does not compute.

To liberals, and the majority of state-educated Americans, the idea that "we need the 2nd Amendment as a last ditch means of defense against a tyrannical govt" is a non-sequitur and indigestible. It's basically the conservative version of the AIDS-Skrillex shrieking "You're a white male! You're a WHITE MALE!".

It takes a long time to get through to people like that. Sometimes it's impossible. Near constant hammering home the entire premise behind the 2nd Amendment, and backing it up with facts and evidence from around the world.

Wanna know how I know? Because when I started on this site, back in 2007, I was a little statist cunt myself. I remember clearly HDLS quoting me Ben Franklin's "those who would give up a little freedom for security" parable. At the time, I was firmly in the "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear category". Boy how times have changed. I remember when he said that to me I had actually no idea what that even meant, or the deeper societal implications contained therein. So it was basically water off a ducks' back. It takes, literally, years of constant reinforcement and historical research for people to ACTUALLY understand the dangers of govt. It has to finally "click". And, above all, you have to be receptive to that input.

Sadly, most LGBT people are in the same camp as all the other leftists ---- closed minded bigoted little statists. In that regard, most are utterly hopeless. Only the power of the lizard brain can possibly change their minds......

Our new posting rules