Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 22 February 2018, 13:56
Confirmed User

The short sighted question talks of the NRA as this big, evil empire. Senator Rubio began to address the NRA's membership, which is where the money comes from, but was shouted down. NRA members vote with their wallets, and give money to support pro 2A legislators and senators.

This technique is prevalent with the rule-by-emotion crowd. Take a stance, and blame an antagonist. When the antagonist, whether "big business," "evil corporations," "white cops," "Christians," or the NRA, is revealed to be people, voters, that don't agree with the agenda being pushed, screams of racist, misogynist, kid hater, etc. drown out any reasonable discussion or possibility of compromise or development of a solution.
Old 22 February 2018, 14:40
Confirmed User

How did this kid not get flagged in NICS after all those police contacts and expulsion from school for violence?

LINK

Quote:
Broward County Public Schools is commited to keeping students engaged in school and out of the Juvenile Justice System. Learn what BCPS is doing to eliminate the school to prison pipeline!
Old 22 February 2018, 15:02
The Sagacious One

Here is an entry on my company's facebook page. I will post more on RUN HIDE FIGHT and arming school staff members in the future..
Old 22 February 2018, 15:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
19Mike wrote in the other thread: "isn't there some way to profile these people"?

I want to answer here instead of the FL shooting thread so as to no derail that.

(5) https://psychiatryonline.org/doi/pdf....9781615371099

If you have time to read only one article from above, I urge you to read article #5 from psychologytoday. It is eye opening.

Case analyses of mass shooters reveal 3 things: feeling aggrieved, extremely angry, and have fantasies of violent revenge. (Knoll 2010 from article #5).

So, how many of those on Socnet does that describe?

Wow! Now that the noise from the agenda is dying down, this wee bit of journalism out of Miami explains a lot, visa vis the psychology today article.

P.S. Kids are so often cruel to others who are different.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...200754714.html
He was humiliated by his fellow students:
“To Cruz, the campus’ … courtyards were a dark place where he was mocked and ridiculed for his odd behavior…”
“Someone could have approached a faculty member, a guidance counselor, a teacher and said, ‘This kid gets bullied a lot, someone should do something,’ ” said student Manolo Alvarez,

“Cruz — at 5-foot-7 and 120 pounds — was scrawny, and rarely, if ever, felt comfortable with other kids, either in his Parkland neighborhood or at Stoneman Douglas, according to Paul Gold, who lived next door to the Cruz family and remained in touch with Nikolas up until his mother’s funeral in November.”
“He was ostracized his whole life,” said Gold, who said he was one of only four people, including Nikolas, and his younger brother, Zachary, who attended the funeral of his mother, Lynda Cruz, in November.
He had known mental disabilities and autism -
Cruz was treated for depression and attention deficit disorder, and his mother found it increasingly difficult to control his behavior from the time he was an adolescent, despite periodic interventions by mental health counselors and law enforcement authorities, records show.
“…signs of a simmering danger brought on by his mental illness…”
“Cruz had been diagnosed with the neurological disorder autism.”
Old 22 February 2018, 15:21
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
How did this kid not get flagged in NICS after all those police contacts and expulsion from school for violence?

LINK
These programs are necessary but are hard to balance. The challenge is they get paid by headcount and no one wants to admit failure (and lose funding). So a kid that needs to go to jail, is left in a program that will likely never help him. The BLUF is if you go to these, you get no permanent juvenile record. Some kids go and get help, others go to dodge a bullet. Its painfully convenient that no one ever says that fathers need to be fathers to their kids.
Old 22 February 2018, 15:30
Old Scroll

Merged into the Mass Shootings Thread

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 22 February 2018, 15:32
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Thanks. Unfortunately it was better when I couldn't open it, lol.
The left has doen their job well. Vilified the NRA. I thought Sen Rubio did OK with his answer, but I turned it off after all the little arrogant shitheels, kept yelling and booing.
Old 22 February 2018, 15:36
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
...all the little arrogant shitheels, kept yelling and booing.
I would have loved to have been able to ask all of our young Tide Pod Eaters what the letters NRA actually stand for and then asked them to state what the NRA actually supports and defends. I bet the answers would have been extraordinary!
Old 22 February 2018, 15:38
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
I would have loved to have been able to ask all of our young Tide Pod Eaters what the letters NRA actually stand for and then asked them to state what the NRA actually supports and defends. I bet the answers would have been extraordinary!
Yep. When people bitch about the NRA, I always tell them, it's a Pro-Bill of Rights group not that much unlike the ACLU.
The NRA exists because millions of men & women want it to.
Old 22 February 2018, 16:18
Confirmed User

Aaron has been laid to rest.

I held it together till the bagpiper played Amazing Grace.

The Governor was there, Congressman Deutch - probably other dignitaries. It would have been a lot cooler if they cared about Aaron in Life.

I would like to think the Coral Springs Fire Department who provided the burial guard and presented Aaron’s Mom with the flag.

Aaron wasn’t a cop, or a Soldier, or a firefighter or even a teacher - but, in my opinion, he died in the service of his country.
Old 22 February 2018, 16:30
Genetically Deplorable

Ted I hope this at least gives you a little solace and closure. I have no doubt you will keep his legacy alive.

RIP Coach
Old 22 February 2018, 16:59
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post

The Governor was there, Congressman Deutch - probably other dignitaries. It would have been a lot cooler if they cared about Aaron in Life.

I would like to think the Coral Springs Fire Department who provided the burial guard and presented Aaron’s Mom with the flag.

Aaron wasn’t a cop, or a Soldier, or a firefighter or even a teacher - but, in my opinion, he died in the service of his country.
There's a special place in heaven for men like Aaron.
RIP and I hope his family can find some solace in that he died doing the right thing.
Prayers out to his family and you and yours.
Old 22 February 2018, 17:50
Been There Done That

The NRA's power is not money, it's votes.

I read a poll maybe 20 years ago-- it was a poll of gun owners, and one of the questions was "are you an NRA member?" the results of the poll were that 10% of gun owners consider themselves NRA members. However, that'd be something like 30 million NRA members, and if I recall, their top-end enrollment is something like 6 or 7 million members. Nonetheless, those 10% of gun owners VOTE like NRA members. That's a huge bloc of voters. No other lobby has that kind of one-issue vote power.
Old 22 February 2018, 17:53
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverescue View Post
The short sighted question talks of the NRA as this big, evil empire. Senator Rubio began to address the NRA's membership, which is where the money comes from, but was shouted down. NRA members vote with their wallets, and give money to support pro 2A legislators and senators.

This technique is prevalent with the rule-by-emotion crowd. Take a stance, and blame an antagonist. When the antagonist, whether "big business," "evil corporations," "white cops," "Christians," or the NRA, is revealed to be people, voters, that don't agree with the agenda being pushed, screams of racist, misogynist, kid hater, etc. drown out any reasonable discussion or possibility of compromise or development of a solution.
I listened to a clip of the audio from that event on my morning drive at work. The host made the argument that the whole damn thing was a set-up from the get-go from CNN and the other usual sources. I agree with the host. We KNOW how these commie cunts like to rig this shit so they can create content they can blast over the airwaves in order to create a false consensus among the public. It was a fucking propaganda movie piece and Rubio et al was an unwilling actor. Same thing as all the John Stewart shit-hole "comedians" that get these dumb-ass pols on their shows as "guests" so they can rip them apart and make them look like idiots ---- then hold their hands out and scream "oh! I'm just a lowly comedian!" when people call them out.

One ROTC kid (can't remember which one) from the school was 'encouraged' to write a list of questions for Rubio et al. The kid stated that CNN returned his list of questions with a literal script of what he was supposed to ask. CNN squealed "nuh uh! We don't do that!" as their response **coughDONNABRAZILEcough**

All of this stuff, all of this "conversation" is generated by Left-wing propaganda squads for the purpose of trying to fool politicians into crawfishing on their gun stances. They know the political slimeballs in both chambers of legislation (both state and federal) are only concerned with their own skins and if they can convince these fucking sniveling cowards that the public winds are blowing against the Constitution they will, true to their turncoat nature, vote for the Gun Control™ that the libshits want. Especially if it's an election year for them. It's so goddamn easy to see I don't understand why these pols can't get it.

Last edited by DirtyDog0311; 22 February 2018 at 18:00. Reason: I no spell
Old 22 February 2018, 19:15
FIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post

They say you can tell a lot about someones life by those that remember him after he's gone. I'm sure there are many people who will never forget him and several who owe them their life. He died a hero, nothing else to say.
Old 22 February 2018, 19:49
Been There Done That

Un huh.

Now more is coming out on this shooting.

There was a Sheriff's Deputy assigned and AT the school WHEN the shooting began.

Pussy Mf'r DIDN'T run to the sound of the guns AND stayed OUTSIDE.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/22...riff-says.html

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 22 February 2018, 19:51
Been There Done That

As I posted to before, also the Department is INVESTIGATING why the Department went to this shooters house 39 TIMES.

Old 22 February 2018, 20:02
Been There Done That

In my opinion, the sheriff should be fired too. Too many gaps in this whole issue.
Old 22 February 2018, 20:16
Been There Done That

So Sorry Ted. Bagpipes & Amazing Grace gets my allergies flared up every time.

Old 22 February 2018, 20:27
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
Un huh.

Now more is coming out on this shooting.

There was a Sheriff's Deputy assigned and AT the school WHEN the shooting began.

Pussy Mf'r DIDN'T run to the sound of the guns AND stayed OUTSIDE.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/22...riff-says.html
Can't find a picture of Deputy Scott Peterson. Curious what a sack of cowardly shit looks like. Everyone he knows shall shun him. Never be served at any restaurant for life. Turned away at every hotel. "No thanks, we don't want your business."

Last edited by Guy; 22 February 2018 at 21:57. Reason: Comment not necessary...

Our new posting rules