SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 8 February 2014, 19:30
These ain't my pants.

Captain Quick's Death - UBN Related

http://www.nbc12.com/story/24666497/...ampaign=buffer

Not sure how many LEOs here have been following this case, but it appears as though a body was found that they are still trying to ID as Quick.

A handful of mutts were arrested and charged with his death. If you cycle through the pictures there is a good one of the dog paws and "Blood Life" tattoo'd on one's face.

It's hard to say whether or not this has stemmed, partly, from the issue we had down here, but since that time the amount of targeted and non-specific threats that have come out of the UBN on the east coast have drastically increased. It appears that they finally went through with what they've been threatening. Y'all stay safe and keep your eyes open. Always.

RIP Capt Quick.

“It is who we are; It is what we do; And we're okay with that.”- LE Funeral Closing Remark
Old 8 February 2014, 20:02
Confirmed User

RIP Captain!

We've been receiving those Blood emails for a few years now. We always kind of blow it off as a hoax. Is it believed this was a targeted killing or maybe just something that happened?

Question for those in the area. Layoffs, or reduction in force, are governed by civil service around here. My question is why would a Captain be laid off and not reduced in rank, with shit rolling down hill?
Old 8 February 2014, 21:30
These ain't my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
RIP Captain!

We've been receiving those Blood emails for a few years now. We always kind of blow it off as a hoax. Is it believed this was a targeted killing or maybe just something that happened?

Question for those in the area. Layoffs, or reduction in force, are governed by civil service around here. My question is why would a Captain be laid off and not reduced in rank, with shit rolling down hill?
I honestly can't answer that. I find it too hard to believe that with the way this past year has gone, at least in my AO, that it's just a coincidence. We've had several gang TFOs specifically targeted, by name, and at least one attempt on an off duty police cadet. South Carolina had two bloods from Fayette-nam make entry into a Trooper's gated community and then yard via a golf cart path.

“It is who we are; It is what we do; And we're okay with that.”- LE Funeral Closing Remark
Old 8 February 2014, 21:32
FNG

I have no tolerance for these gang bangers, get rid of them all.

That sucks for the Capt. and his family.
Old 8 February 2014, 21:38
Confirmed User

Our Blood/Crips were dealt a serious blow this summer. Most of the impact players are locked up on shootings, been shot, or held on firearms/drug charges.

We have a few targeted who have tried to sieze the vacuum and are working on them. Our problem is there is a healthy AAA league trying to step up.

In my city, we don't have a large traditional organized gang presence. What we do have is many gang bangers who are based in other communities and lay their heads here. I am in the middle of 7 or 8 major gang cities.

Two cops have been specifically mentioned in threats and that was a Facebook thing. One was the SRO. There is an open case on that.
Old 8 February 2014, 21:46
These ain't my pants.

Everyone down here has been putting in serious work with regards to locking as many up as we can. With that said, we have a DA that doesn't want to try shit, so he takes pleads on lesser offenses at the drop of a hat. There have also been out of town UBN members that have been brought in from time to time to augment numbers. That's quieted down as of late, but the targeted threats have continued to climb. We've had a couple of instances of officers, on duty, being followed and pushed into altercations. Oh well...another day, another dollar.

Old 8 February 2014, 21:57
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubs View Post
Everyone down here has been putting in serious work with regards to locking as many up as we can. With that said, we have a DA that doesn't want to try shit, so he takes pleads on lesser offenses at the drop of a hat. There have also been out of town UBN members that have been brought in from time to time to augment numbers. That's quieted down as of late, but the targeted threats have continued to climb. We've had a couple of instances of officers, on duty, being followed and pushed into altercations. Oh well...another day, another dollar.
We're not there yet. But we get a nice respite due to the cold. The cold really keeps these fuckers inside.

I had one ready to flip and give up some guys, but in the end he took the two years on a gun charge. Thug life!
Old 8 February 2014, 22:01
These ain't my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
Thug life!
Ride or die. I'm good with them choosing death...via a fiery fucking car crash.

Old 8 February 2014, 23:09
True Origin Not Known

Quote:
I honestly can't answer that. I find it too hard to believe that with the way this past year has gone, at least in my AO, that it's just a coincidence. We've had several gang TFOs specifically targeted, by name, and at least one attempt on an off duty police cadet. South Carolina had two bloods from Fayette-nam make entry into a Trooper's gated community and then yard via a golf cart path.
As I read it, he is (as he is still missing) a reserve captain. I was a reserve police officer and we had a reserve captain, but he and I both had regular jobs and our reserve work was volunteer (until I got hired). It is my read that he was laid off from his regular job and had a good chunk of change from that with him. While gangbangers are a threat, if they were gonna make a statement by murdering an LEO, why not a full-time officer, say from the local gang squad. As a reserve, I could not carry a sidearm out of uniform. Was the reserve captain armed?

In any event, some mutt is gonna talk, they can't help but brag, and the details will emerge. The captain's prints are on file with the department, so they should already know if the body is a match for the captain. Maybe they are holding back for some investigative reason.

Are you fucking serious? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week...and I'm at a senior staff planning conference, so, the bar has been set pretty high. You should be proud. - Gavin
Old 8 February 2014, 23:27
These ain't my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Raider View Post
As I read it, he is (as he is still missing) a reserve captain. I was a reserve police officer and we had a reserve captain, but he and I both had regular jobs and our reserve work was volunteer (until I got hired). It is my read that he was laid off from his regular job and had a good chunk of change from that with him. While gangbangers are a threat, if they were gonna make a statement by murdering an LEO, why not a full-time officer, say from the local gang squad. As a reserve, I could not carry a sidearm out of uniform. Was the reserve captain armed?
Not sure about Va, but down here many reserve officers are former full time officers that are pursuing degrees or some other form of primary income. They still have their badge and gun, and have to work a certain amount of hours to hold their certification.

As for why they didn't choose a full time officer, I really don't know. Maybe the same reason the UBN down here tried to knock off a police cadet...opportunity. The reserve connotation really only means much to you and I. At least in my experience, a badge is a badge to them. Doesn't make a damn if it's fish and wildlife or a gang TFO.

Old 9 February 2014, 04:18
Road Scum

Quote:
Not sure about Va, but down here many reserve officers are former full time officers that are pursuing degrees or some other form of primary income. They still have their badge and gun, and have to work a certain amount of hours to hold their certification.

As for why they didn't choose a full time officer, I really don't know. Maybe the same reason the UBN down here tried to knock off a police cadet...opportunity. The reserve connotation really only means much to you and I. At least in my experience, a badge is a badge to them. Doesn't make a damn if it's fish and wildlife or a gang TFO.
That cant be stated enough. I have some coworkers who think that because X type of crime isnt really our purvey that we are some how immune to it.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 9 February 2014, 18:33
Confirmed User

I am posting a link about a random targeted assassination of a CHP officer by a juvenile who wanted to join a street gang named the "12th Street Gang". The officer was killed in a drive by outside a courthouse in LA County in 2004. The officer as far as I could tell did no drug interdiction or gang work. I gathered he was more of a commercial vehicle officer. But like others said, it makes no difference, a badge is a badge.

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/apr/23/local/me-shot23
Old 11 February 2014, 06:34
Confirmed User

Just saw this. Weird that they aren't providing more info. Having trouble linking since I am on my phone but this is from CNN.

updated 10:26 PM EST 02.10.14
Va. prosecutors won't pursue murder charges
By Ralph Ellis, CNN

(CNN) - Virginia prosecutors said Monday they will not pursue murder charges against three people in connection with the death of Kevin Quick, an auxiliary police officer.

Leslie Hope Casterlow, 49; Anthony Darnell Stokes Jr., 31; and Halisi Uhuru still face felony gang participation charges, Goochland County Commonwealth's Attorney Claiborne Stokes' office said.

Authorities didn't say why the murder prosecution won't be pursued.

Quick, 45, was an auxiliary police captain and resident of Waynesboro, a small town west of Charlottesville. Auxiliary officers aren't paid but hold ranks, have badges and carry firearms like full-time officers.

He was last seen the night of January 31 after he left the house he shared with his mother. His remains were found last Thursday.

Authorities have not revealed the cause of death or explained any connection between Quick and the suspects.

Two other suspects arrested last Tuesday, siblings Daniel Mathis and Mersadies Shelton, are held each on charges of felony grand theft for allegedly stealing Quick's vehicle, a 1999 Toyota 4Runner. They are not being charged in connection with Quick's death.

Another man, Anthony Lee White, 22, was arrested after the others were already in custody, and White also will face gang participation charges, Stokes' office said.
Old 11 February 2014, 22:08
Authorized Personnel

RIP and rest easy.

Our new posting rules