SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 29 January 2019, 18:12
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post

Thereís usually a body or attempted murder tied to the dope before we start banging doors.
Understood. That's why I tried to make the caveats. That said. Bad dude in his crib. Isolate, contain. Tie the doors off. Hang ballistic blankets over the windows, spike the rooms and cut utilities and sit back and make the OT and drink coffee. Now. I realize that scenario can put a severe hurt on an agency budget and daily operations. I just don't see a reason to make an entry IF they're not shooting folks in the house. Again, this is coming from the optic of having at its highest 41K sworn to handle the problem. I don't envy those folks who have to git it done with much, much smaller assets.
Old 29 January 2019, 18:34
Confirmed User

off on a quick tangent..

"stevens 311"

Wow, I have not seen one of those in a long time.
back to my lane
Old 29 January 2019, 18:44
Another pool cleaner

Speedy recovery.
Old 29 January 2019, 19:30
Custom User Title

Hello, young Centurion at heart here.

Poly, I assume (educated guess) that there was no probable cause for arrest, only for a search. No evidence, no arrest.
Old 29 January 2019, 19:57
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Hello, young Centurion at heart here.
Ahh the Centurion in you is strong. I fondly recall my days there. Please don't be put off by my cynical and jaundiced views. You just keep going about your business the way you see fit. It has worked thus far and I only see great things in your future. Just be safe and remember to watch the hands.
Old 29 January 2019, 20:03
Custom User Title

Always!
Old 29 January 2019, 20:16
Been There Done That

Lots of details from Houston TV station.
https://abc13.com/husband-and-wife-k...icers/5110865/
Old 29 January 2019, 20:18
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack78 View Post
Understood. That's why I tried to make the caveats. That said. Bad dude in his crib. Isolate, contain. Tie the doors off. Hang ballistic blankets over the windows, spike the rooms and cut utilities and sit back and make the OT and drink coffee. Now. I realize that scenario can put a severe hurt on an agency budget and daily operations. I just don't see a reason to make an entry IF they're not shooting folks in the house. Again, this is coming from the optic of having at its highest 41K sworn to handle the problem. I don't envy those folks who have to git it done with much, much smaller assets.
My day to day is 8 dudes for 4000 square miles. We have other agencies we over lap, but itís hit or miss as to if you get assest or liability as back up.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 29 January 2019, 20:21
Skandalon

Quote:
My day to day is 8 dudes for 4000 square miles. We have other agencies we over lap, but it’s hit or miss as to if you get assest or liability as back up.
Yep...and it was not uncommon for my backup to be a minimum of 30-45 minutes away at times.
Old 29 January 2019, 20:34
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
My day to day is 8 dudes for 4000 square miles. We have other agencies we over lap, but itís hit or miss as to if you get assest or liability as back up.
A tough road to hoe for sure. As I said, I don't envy you guys but much respect.
Old 29 January 2019, 20:40
Road Scum

Quote:
A tough road to hoe for sure. As I said, I don't envy you guys but much respect.
Guys like you, Mars, Duck Marshal and others knocked down the trees. We are just trying to pave that road.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 29 January 2019, 20:41
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Yep...and it was not uncommon for my backup to be a minimum of 30-45 minutes away at times.
If he got a flat tire....

#V8andGasCard

Old 29 January 2019, 20:43
Skandalon

Quote:
If he got a flat tire....

#V8andGasCard
Hahaha...indeed! I worked with a couple of those types too....
Old 29 January 2019, 23:29
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu King Lawyer View Post
We are unanimous in that.
Yeah, I'm also in this group.
Old 30 January 2019, 03:30
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Haha, my favourite Policing memories was when "backup" was a day away, (if there were no floods), and we were more concerned about crocodiles than any other threat.

Good times...
Old 30 January 2019, 03:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
I know this puts me at odds with some members of my former community and thatís cool.
I disagree, I think you absolutely nailed it. Iím am just now in a position to make these decisions at my agency, and can now institute such an ideology into practice. Though Iím not ďKingĒ of LE, or much more than a jester.

That said, prayers for a speedy recovery to my Brothers in Houston.
Old 30 January 2019, 12:27
Reverse Apache Master

News updates indicate the investigation/warrant was regarding black tar heroin, but they only recovered a small amount of marijuana, an "unknown white powder substance" (Fentanyl?), rifle, and pistol.

Female suspect was unarmed, but shot and killed when she reached for a wounded officer's gun.

Male suspect had no criminal history. Female had one arrest for writing a bad check years ago.

One of the witnesses/neighbors seemed genuinely shocked. Not the usual "they didn't do nothin" stuff, but more like "he's been my friend for 30 years and there's no way he was selling drugs."

From what they've released, it sounds like:

1. Breach
2. Dog charges and is shot
3. Male opens fire with .357
4. Officer is wounded, falls onto couch
5. Female suspect killed when she reached for that officer's gun
6. Male suspect killed
7. Back out and send in robot

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 30 January 2019, 13:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
News updates indicate the investigation/warrant was regarding black tar heroin, but they only recovered a small amount of marijuana, an "unknown white powder substance" (Fentanyl?), rifle, and pistol.

Female suspect was unarmed, but shot and killed when she reached for a wounded officer's gun.

Male suspect had no criminal history. Female had one arrest for writing a bad check years ago.

One of the witnesses/neighbors seemed genuinely shocked. Not the usual "they didn't do nothin" stuff, but more like "he's been my friend for 30 years and there's no way he was selling drugs."

From what they've released, it sounds like:

1. Breach
2. Dog charges and is shot
3. Male opens fire with .357
4. Officer is wounded, falls onto couch
5. Female suspect killed when she reached for that officer's gun
6. Male suspect killed
7. Back out and send in robot
From the article linked in post #27: Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said the drug raid on the home stemmed from numerous complaints from neighbors. He said undercover officers had previously made two purchases of black tar heroin from drug dealers at the house.

This warrant service went down at 1700 local time. Just wondering why they didn't roll 'em up at 0300'ish.
Old 30 January 2019, 13:33
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
This warrant service went down at 1700 local time. Just wondering why they didn't roll 'em up at 0300'ish.
They may have been busy all day at other locations or they are allowed to do early morning warrant ops. Iíve worked with a few agencies(their admins) that shun hitting doors in darkness.

Old 30 January 2019, 13:39
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
From the article linked in post #27: Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said the drug raid on the home stemmed from numerous complaints from neighbors. He said undercover officers had previously made two purchases of black tar heroin from drug dealers at the house.

Gotcha. Wasn't implying that it was a bad warrant or anything. Just interesting that the suspects behaved the way they did, given that they had little to no criminal history (doesn't mean they weren't hardened criminals, just that they don't get caught).

No priors + weed and some powder (coke or Fentanyl, I'm guessing) probably would have resulted in probation of some kind, or at least very little time behind bars.

They went from zero to shooting cops over that. Seems odd, in as much as you can call unpredictable human behavior "odd."

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon

Our new posting rules