SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 23 September 2019, 07:20
Old Scroll

Shot a couple of 150 pound pigs with an AR in 5.56x39. 1st one got two simultaneous headshots, my twin brother and I both shooting a the same pig at the same time. He did a complete back flip and never moved.

The next one was running broadside at about 35 - 40 yards. I put 3 into his shoulder before he tumbled, kicked twice, and that was it.

Functioning was flawless, and it put the meat in the freezer.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 23 September 2019, 07:34
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
This is purely a cost / availability decision. I know you can order all kinds of 300 BO on line, but the x39 ammo is everywhere and despite the left's attempts to keep it out. I would venture to say that there are billions of rounds in the US today.
Yea, for 'The Walking Dead' scenario's, x39 all day long. But until then, additional Suppressed use would be my tipping point - especially if you just Form 1 something. .300BO is a suppressed wet dream. Lehigh Defense Maximum Expansion is actually meeting FBI penetration specs... and expanding, for inside the home/communicate with responding LE use. Unsuppressed is so... uncivilized
Old 23 September 2019, 10:28
Hard to Kill

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Yea, for 'The Walking Dead' scenario's, x39 all day long. But until then, additional Suppressed use would be my tipping point - especially if you just Form 1 something. .300BO is a suppressed wet dream. Lehigh Defense Maximum Expansion is actually meeting FBI penetration specs... and expanding, for inside the home/communicate with responding LE use. Unsuppressed is so... uncivilized
I cannot hear anyway, and where I live, no on can hear you scream.
Old 23 September 2019, 21:07
BTDT

[QUOTE=Bolt wear is a problem on the entire AR series, you should keep at least a general count of rds fired and replace bolts on a routine basis if it's a critical system. Breaking off the lug either side of the extractor is a pretty routine failure. S/F....Ken M[/QUOTE]

Yes. Went through 2 bolts, 05-06 Mosul. One lug & a 2 lug. Though, the function of the gun, never gave me an indication of the failure. Only, upon cleaning, did I ID. Can't recall that specific induced malfunction.

It is an interesting failure. In that, my gun was a Colt M4..no idea the manufacturer or the second bolt.

Later, worked for another DOD M4/M4A1 manufacturer. Conducted several DOD MILPEC "endurances" for M4/M4A1s, and never noted that failure.

Hard to say.

I don't own a DI/short stroke M4/M16-ish/Stoner system carbine/rifle. Had several blown primer malfuctions..and then, there is that nasty double feed/extraction issue. W/the case above the bolt carrier, disabling the charging handle...have to pull the bolt back w/your finger:)

Personal choice:)

Good shooting
Old 24 September 2019, 12:59
Moving Target

I had a bolt break a lug next to the extractor on a M16A2, it ran fine and it was only found after cleaning also.

Our new posting rules