SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 23 September 2019, 09:32
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
"And you're anti-gun, so you're pro-rape right?"
...and they are also racists, because they want to take guns away from all the minorities, thus making them more easily victimized by "the man"...

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 23 September 2019, 09:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
...and they are also racists, because they want to take guns away from all the minorities, thus making them more easily victimized by "the man"...
Just like every other “socialized” nation - where only the elite, rich and privileged can afford to or authorized to own firearms.
Old 23 September 2019, 09:47
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
The look on the face when they realize you're on to their game is pretty priceless.

And equally the vapor lock look on the true believers.
Old 23 September 2019, 10:56
BTDT

Quote:
"And you're anti-gun, so you're pro-rape right?"
Being Libertarian, this one is hypocritical for me, but I use it because without 2A you will be a f'n slave:

SocialLefitist: "Blah, blah, guns...children, blah, blah"

Polypro: "Sure, but I think first, for the sake of the children, since 640 THOUSAND were killed in 2015, we discuss 'rational and thoughtful' abortion control measures..."

PRICELESS!!!! Try it
Old 23 September 2019, 11:00
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Being Libertarian, this one is hypocritical for me
It's equally as stupid as saying gun owners are all fans of school shootings which is sort of the point. My way of putting them on notice that their position is retarded. If they want to meet in the middle for a rational discussion great, if not then fuck off.

Sad state of affairs.
Old 23 September 2019, 11:49

It's funny for a laugh, but making libshits vapor lock doesn't really do anything substantial. Even the most well-crafted, thoughtful, and sound counter arguments aren't going to do anything to them, philosophically speaking. Whenever you initiate whatever primordial logic-circuit that still exists in their brain, as soon as their thoughts start straying into 'heretical territory' aka "meeting you in the middle", they instantly shut that shit down and default to "this guy's a racist/sexist/xenophobe/etc/etc/etc". It's a leftist defense mechanism that is pretty foolproof. Really only humor can get past it (explains why memes are so effective), and even then it's a long shot. You can literally see it in action live on TV sometimes, especially in really mindfucked countries like the UK.

Orwell already wrote about this, and called it "CrimeStop":
Quote:
In the Newspeak vocabulary, the word crimestop denotes the citizen's self-awareness to immediately rid him- or herself of unwanted, incorrect thoughts (personal and political), the discovery of which, by the Thinkpol, would lead to detection and arrest, transport to and interrogation at the Miniluv (Ministry of Love). The protagonist, Winston Smith, describes crimestop as a conscious process of self-imposed cognitive dissonance:

The mind should develop a blind spot whenever a dangerous thought presented itself. The process should be automatic, instinctive. Crimestop, they called it in Newspeak. . . . He set to work to exercise himself in crimestop. He presented himself with propositions — 'the Party says the Earth is flat', 'the Party says that ice is heavier than water' — and trained himself in not seeing or not understanding the arguments that contradicted them.

Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity.
This phenomenon is why you will never ever EVER stop a commie from being a commie using something as stupid as arguing. Again, EVER. Milton Friedman tried for literally DECADES. As did others. It doesn't work. Because people fail to understand how the libshit mind functions. It's why the best you can ever hope for is to mind fuck and get them so flustered that they drop their pretense of civility and go straight to what people already know, deep down in their heart of hearts, that these people ultimately want and desire. It's wonderful when they drop the act so even the most willfully stupid and stubbornly retarded conservative gets to see the monster lurking behind the curtain. Because only then can you finally begin to understand what's coming down the road in the not-too-distant-future.

There is no debating this shit with them.
Old 23 September 2019, 12:11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
It's funny for a laugh, but making libshits vapor lock doesn't really do anything substantial. Even the most well-crafted, thoughtful, and sound counter arguments aren't going to do anything to them, philosophically speaking. Whenever you initiate whatever primordial logic-circuit that still exists in their brain, as soon as their thoughts start straying into 'heretical territory' aka "meeting you in the middle", they instantly shut that shit down and default to "this guy's a racist/sexist/xenophobe/etc/etc/etc". It's a leftist defense mechanism that is pretty foolproof. Really only humor can get past it (explains why memes are so effective), and even then it's a long shot. You can literally see it in action live on TV sometimes, especially in really mindfucked countries like the UK.

This phenomenon is why you will never ever EVER stop a commie from being a commie using something as stupid as arguing. Again, EVER. Milton Friedman tried for literally DECADES. As did others. It doesn't work. Because people fail to understand how the libshit mind functions. It's why the best you can ever hope for is to mind fuck and get them so flustered that they drop their pretense of civility and go straight to what people already know, deep down in their heart of hearts, that these people ultimately want and desire. It's wonderful when they drop the act so even the most willfully stupid and stubbornly retarded conservative gets to see the monster lurking behind the curtain. Because only then can you finally begin to understand what's coming down the road in the not-too-distant-future.

Can I steal this? If nothing else I can use it to remind myself that arguing with these nutjobs on FB is utterly pointless. Yet, I seem to do it anyway.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 23 September 2019, 12:15
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Hence my original point.
Old 23 September 2019, 12:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
...remind myself that arguing with these nutjobs on FB is utterly pointless. Yet, I seem to do it anyway.
Good Lord. I can only imagine how infuriating that must be...
Old 23 September 2019, 13:36
Shakin' the bush Boss

In the words of Crash Davis, it's like a martian arguing with a fungo bat.
Old 23 September 2019, 13:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Being Libertarian, this one is hypocritical for me, but I use it because without 2A you will be a f'n slave:

SocialLefitist: "Blah, blah, guns...children, blah, blah"

Polypro: "Sure, but I think first, for the sake of the children, since 640 THOUSAND were killed in 2015, we discuss 'rational and thoughtful' abortion control measures..."

PRICELESS!!!! Try it
I always tell the liberals when they are arguing for abortion, that I am also pro abortion since the majority of abortions are black babies.

That sets them off, they become conflicted in their beliefs.

(Note: I am pro life, and also not racist - I just say that to make a point and to piss off the liberals)
Old 23 September 2019, 13:55
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Can I steal this? If nothing else I can use it to remind myself that arguing with these nutjobs on FB is utterly pointless. Yet, I seem to do it anyway.
Arguing with a liberal has about as much effect as arguing with a hormone enraged woman. You can never prove you are right and they were wrong. Same thing. All emotionally driven. Basically why liberal men are essentially emotional women.
Old 23 September 2019, 13:58
Been There Done That

Quote:

Every time liberals to the far left eventually take control, there are re-education camps and killing fields. Look at the viral hatred that comes out of liberals/leftist towards traditional conservatives. You are right, every now and then the curtain is lifted and you see the true intents. Violence. Silence the opposing side. There has been only one proven method to deal with/stop the left.
Old 23 September 2019, 14:26
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
I always tell the liberals when they are arguing for abortion, that I am also pro abortion since the majority of abortions are black babies.

That sets them off, they become conflicted in their beliefs.

(Note: I am pro life, and also not racist - I just say that to make a point and to piss off the liberals)
You could just say that most of them are future Democrats... and be right.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 23 September 2019, 17:55
BTDT

Quote:
It's equally as stupid as saying gun owners are all fans of school shootings which is sort of the point. My way of putting them on notice that their position is retarded. If they want to meet in the middle for a rational discussion great, if not then fuck off.

Sad state of affairs.
Just want to make sure you know that the hypocritical part was me - I'm pro choice. Just making sure you don't think I was bagging on your post.
Old 23 September 2019, 17:59
BTDT

Quote:
It's why the best you can ever hope for is to mind fuck and get them so flustered that they drop their pretense of civility and go straight to what people already know, deep down in their heart of hearts, that these people ultimately want and desire.
"Hell yea we're take 'gonna your AR-15s...your AK-47s..."

Nice one

Last edited by Polypro; 23 September 2019 at 18:08.
Old 23 September 2019, 19:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
O'dork was named AR salesman of the year lol.
Wouldn't surprise me if that maggot had stock in gun companies.
I have said that too. I think some of these politicians knowingly do these gun scares to raise their stocks.
And since they dont have to divulge their taxes and its not illegal to do insider trading, per say for Congress/Potus etc, than its really believable they do it.
Old 23 September 2019, 20:32
Another pool cleaner

I love that all pretenses have been dropped by O'Rourke's statement.

There is no doubt in my mind that all non-2A believers truly want that.
Old 24 September 2019, 04:32
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Just want to make sure you know that the hypocritical part was me - I'm pro choice. Just making sure you don't think I was bagging on your post.
I was totally offended. Thanks
Old 24 September 2019, 08:09
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
I was totally offended. Thanks
Snowflake,

Our new posting rules