SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment > RLTW Archives

Old 10 July 2006, 02:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky
Done. Here's a link to the 75th Ranger Regiment Association, of which our resident jackass, RgrJoe175, is treasurer.

www.75thrra.com
Hmmm that reminds me that I need to pay my dues for this year.
Old 11 August 2006, 10:42
Deleted Member

Ranger related...Recon LRRP Tm 1st Bn (ABN) 8th Cav 1965-66

Team History
Old 12 August 2006, 05:03
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Conners
Team History
Where is the link?
Old 12 August 2006, 11:05
Deleted Member

Direct link to history of LRRP Team Recon D Co 1st Bn (ABN) 8th Cav (Chinese Bandits)

http://www.geocities.com/d6566mustangs/history.html

or go to the link provided in the previous posting (the one below my signature block) and click on "Delta Company History (1965-66)..."
Old 5 March 2007, 19:36
Been There Done That

http://mymilitaryhistorypages.bravehost.com/index.html

Perhaps the most accurate and comprehensive look at early Ranger history and its lineages thru the American army....awesome
Old 5 March 2007, 20:03
Fitness Mod

Awesome site ElCid!
Old 29 June 2007, 20:51
Been There Done That

Swamp Rangers at Camp Rudder in Florida

http://www.swamprangers.com/

This website is sponsored by the Swamp Ranger Association in honor of the 6th Ranger Training Battalion.

"Damn a man who doesn't read books" (Mulholland, 2000, p. 32).
Old 29 June 2007, 22:36
Whatever Sucks the Most

This thread is useless without links to strip clubs.

And you call this a Ranger Links Thread?

Puh-leeze.

Old 12 April 2009, 02:00

WTF?

How in the hell do I get my credentials checked so I can get vetted or whatever. I'm glad I found this site. Rangers lead the way!!!!!!!!!
Old 20 April 2009, 15:46
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon3 View Post
How in the hell do I get my credentials checked so I can get vetted or whatever. I'm glad I found this site. Rangers lead the way!!!!!!!!!
When were you in B 3/75?

Task Force Ranger 1993
Old 20 April 2009, 16:04
ORP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon3 View Post
Check here and check PM's. We can get you vetted pretty quickly. We have lots of guys near your location right now.

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=77289

Last edited by Ranger1; 20 April 2009 at 16:12.
Old 21 May 2009, 00:34
Confirmed User

Yahoo! Groups: ArmyRangers, Rangerlist, Hooahs (mostly for former VN LRRP Rangers), SpecialOperationsWar.
Old 21 May 2009, 02:50
Confirmed User

Contact List

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerCharlie View Post
I'd like to start a Ranger links thread (Really we could use this for all the services)

Post a good referance about the US Army Rangers such as museums, clubs, history sites.

Admins, if this works out can you memo it so that all can refer to it easy?

Thanks
Here's another idea (which I'll also be posting on the Facebook Ranger page)...

Several years ago, a former Ranger got depressed and ate his pistol. Some guys on the Yahoo rangerlist group asked for volunteers to be available for Rangers who might be having problems but not wanting to go through the DoD/VA Suicide Hotline (for obvious reasons). General Greb was maintaining the list, but he's had some serious health problems and I dropped out of the rangerlist a couple of years ago and don't know what the status of the list is anymore. So...

We've all read about the "rising incidence" of suicides in young soldiers (and recruiters) possibly related to their service downrange. I haven't heard of any Rangers/SF/SEALs/Marine Recon or EOD commiting suicide since the early '80s, but we all get depressed at times, and sometimes we just can't connect with the civilians and straightlegs who run the hotlines (particularly when we have clearances to worry about). I recently met a former Detachment D trooper and we dump on each other on an as needed basis...

Here's my suggestion: that we set up a list for past and current operators who need someone to talk to, particularly late at night when you can't sleep and the bad memories start to crowd in.

I'm retired and have strange sleep habits, and am willing to maintain the list as well as being a contact.

Security of information? Well, this is a fairly decent site and I have a Mac, so let's see what y'all think...
Old 21 May 2009, 05:05
ORP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
Here's another idea (which I'll also be posting on the Facebook Ranger page)...

Jim,

I've correpsonded with you a bit over he past few days and personally, I am damn glad to have you here. Not enough of you VN Era hardchargers left on this board. What you're suggesting is admirable and I'm not surprised you suggested it knowing what I know about you. I'd expect nothing less.

That being said, you and everyone else already has that support system right here on SOCNET.

SOCNET is not like any other internet board you'll ever frequent. We're not about chest thumping or acting elitist, or shoving a political view down your throat. We're simply about current and ex-SOF (and service members like yoursef) having a place to go and communicate with like minded folks, male and female, MIL and LEO...and even interested (respectful) civilians.

If someone on here is a verified BTDT, they are 'one of us'. You sadly don't make that cut simply 'because of the rules', but Sir, you're not far off. I still consider you 'one of us'.

Regardless, if you or anyone else from the old Ranger List Server, the Ranger Yahoo Group, Facebook page or any other Ranger (or other Branch SOF) 'online rally point' ever needs to talk...all they have to do is come here and ask. They can post, PM or email one of us. There's a damn good chance that we have a long standing and vetted member just a stones throw away from wherever they are, anywhere on the planet. The arm of SOCNET is long and can lift a deuce and half from half a world away when we put our mind to it.

We've done things on this board for each other that you cant even imagine (and frankly may never find out about). But you can believe me when I say we take care of our own in ways that people who aren't 'one of us' just wouldn't be able comprehend.

- Michael

Last edited by Ranger1; 21 May 2009 at 06:17.
Old 22 May 2009, 03:35
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
Jim,

I've correpsonded with you a bit over he past few days and personally, I am damn glad to have you here. Not enough of you VN Era hardchargers left on this board. What you're suggesting is admirable and I'm not surprised you suggested it knowing what I know about you. I'd expect nothing less.

That being said, you and everyone else already has that support system right here on SOCNET.

SOCNET is not like any other internet board you'll ever frequent. We're not about chest thumping or acting elitist, or shoving a political view down your throat. We're simply about current and ex-SOF (and service members like yoursef) having a place to go and communicate with like minded folks, male and female, MIL and LEO...and even interested (respectful) civilians.

If someone on here is a verified BTDT, they are 'one of us'. You sadly don't make that cut simply 'because of the rules', but Sir, you're not far off. I still consider you 'one of us'.

Regardless, if you or anyone else from the old Ranger List Server, the Ranger Yahoo Group, Facebook page or any other Ranger (or other Branch SOF) 'online rally point' ever needs to talk...all they have to do is come here and ask. They can post, PM or email one of us. There's a damn good chance that we have a long standing and vetted member just a stones throw away from wherever they are, anywhere on the planet. The arm of SOCNET is long and can lift a deuce and half from half a world away when we put our mind to it.

We've done things on this board for each other that you cant even imagine (and frankly may never find out about). But you can believe me when I say we take care of our own in ways that people who aren't 'one of us' just wouldn't be able comprehend.

- Michael
Thanks, "cousin" Michael. And I do understand about us Rangers taking care of our own. About 5 or 6 years ago, I couldn't find a job, was running out of money (and had a cat to feed!). I got onto Yahoo! RangerList and asked my buddies for help while I was waiting for my VA disability to be upgraded...

And they helped me out. And when I tried to repay them, they just said, "Ranger Jim, no sweatty da, you'll get your chance. And until then, just pay it forward."

And I've invited my facebook Ranger buds to join us here.

RLTW
Jim
(the EOD Guy)

Our new posting rules