Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewmen (SWCC)

Closed Thread

Old 4 February 2018, 12:05

SWCC check please

We have two people in our area that are claiming SWCC. Both claimed SWCC after being contacted by the police. I wanted to see if anybody could verify Matthew Pike about 28 years old and Andrew Burgess.

Thank you
Old 4 February 2018, 13:49
Been There Done That

Why do you need this information?
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 4 February 2018, 14:16

I do not really need the information. I was asking because of the recent contacts with our cops. They both claimed SWCC after being contacted by our police department for different incidents at different times.
That seemed like an unlikely coincidence.
Just my curiosity, not relevant to the cases. I really enjoy this site. I have learned a lot here and I hope that asking about these two has not caused any problems.
Old 4 February 2018, 14:55
Been There Done That

I'm sure one of the guys will be along shortly to verify them.

Contact with law enforcement usually indicates a negative encounter. It would have been nice if you had asked for assistance and then revealed their names to a moderator by PM. Let the mod make the choice to burn them in public if they are in fact SWCCs being shitheads.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 4 February 2018, 15:12

Absolutely right about the names
It will not happen again
Old 4 February 2018, 19:08
Been There Done That

what Is this for? Something professional? People who are in trouble and you are trying to get ahold of their command if they are who they say they are? Just trying to satisfy curiousity?
Old 4 February 2018, 21:30

If their command were to find out it would have nothing to do with me. I would not even begin to know how to contact command. I am trying to figure out if we are dealing with somebody who asking for a break by telling us about their prior service or some one who is attempting to avoid accountability for their actions by claiming this specialized unit.
Old 6 February 2018, 13:28
Authorized Personnel

"I don't really need the information"....

"Curiosity.."

Maybe best handled via PM if others want to go further with your request.

Closed for now.

Our new posting rules