SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 16 June 2018, 12:07
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP MARINE View Post
My dad,WW2,10% disability,made 2 invasions of the European continent.Me, Vietnam. We talked a little about his time. He knew about mine since it was my war. 4 in my immediate family all fought. I’m 69 now, he is gone.i just try to take each day with ease.
Have you ever thought about writing about it CAP?
Old 16 June 2018, 12:19
0311/8651

My dad wrote his life story. Thank you
S/F
Old 16 June 2018, 20:26
Confirmed User

The thing with this is that sometimes peoples brains just stop functioning properly. Whatever the cause, PTSD, depression, etc., their mind starts to say & think shit that just isn't right and no amount of logic makes it go away. They may realize they are not thinking straight but nobody wants to be the guy walking in to the TMC and telling the Doc, "I am circling the drain and I cannot get out." If they are lucky they get a Doc that knows they don't want to discuss it but simply nods and asks, "What do I need to do to help you?" That is my advice to people who deal with guys in trouble, cut the shit and just ask "What can I do to help you?" Type As don't want to talk, they just want you to give them a hand up out of the downward spiral.

x/S
Old 18 June 2018, 12:18
0311/8651

My wife will be 67 this year.she was just a young 60? Where did 7 more years come from? As long as we keep active, we have 1 grand daughter, stay financially solvent, which we are, good things still happen. Well our brains haven’t gone South yet!!
Old 21 June 2018, 14:56

I'm new to this site. I came here to let you know of the passing of one of your own. I cant remember for sure his screen name on here, either vape or vap or something similar. his name was Travis Grace and I had the privilege of working with him for the last few years. I believe he was an Army medic for a while before becoming one of our e.r. doctors. Early monday morning he took his own life, following the death of his daughter via a shitbag DUI driver less than 2 weeks ago. If anyone is interested in attending his memorial let me know. He constantly talked about this site and veterans needs, so I came here to help if I can.
Old 21 June 2018, 15:17
Doing What Grunts Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGAS-HAWK View Post
I'm new to this site. I came here to let you know of the passing of one of your own. I cant remember for sure his screen name on here, either vape or vap or something similar. his name was Travis Grace and I had the privilege of working with him for the last few years. I believe he was an Army medic for a while before becoming one of our e.r. doctors. Early monday morning he took his own life, following the death of his daughter via a shitbag DUI driver less than 2 weeks ago. If anyone is interested in attending his memorial let me know. He constantly talked about this site and veterans needs, so I came here to help if I can.
Thank you for letting us know!

Rest In Peace, Brother!

Last edited by Mars; 21 June 2018 at 15:25.
Old 21 June 2018, 15:22
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Thank you for letting us know!
I remember V.A.P. saying that he was really struggling towards the end of last year. May he Rest In Peace.
Old 21 June 2018, 15:52
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
i'am new to this site, i came here to let you of the passing of one of your own. i cant remember for sure his screen name on here, either vape or vap or something similar. his name was Travis Grace and i had the privilege of working with him for the last few years. i believe he was an army medic for a while before becoming one of our e.r. doctors. early monday morning he took his own life, following the death of his daughter via a shitbag dui driver less than 2 weeks ago. if anyone is interested in attending his memorial let me know. he constantly talked about this site and veterans needs so i came here to help if i can
I am so sorry to hear this about V.A.P. (Travis).

I knew he was a ED doc.

Thanks for letting us know.

RIP V.A.P.
Old 21 June 2018, 15:57
Administrator

Quote:

Fucking hell. Thanks for letting us know. For someone already having issues, combined with the loss of a child in such a senseless manner, I can see how that sent him over the line. I wish he had reached out in here for help. Fuck.

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php...post1058693910
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 21 June 2018, 16:16
Authorized Personnel

May he now find the peace he was searching for, so sad.
Old 21 June 2018, 16:48
BTDT

So fucking sad...

May God Bless Him.

Terry
Old 21 June 2018, 17:29
I really don't care

Parents are not supposed to bury their children. The pain in losing a child (of any age) to a drunk driver makes the pain even worse, I'm sure.

God bless you and your daughter Sir.
Old 21 June 2018, 17:35
Confirmed User

Thank you for letting us know. We had made contact last year and things seemed to be on positive trajectory. Obviously, the news of his daughter would be crushing. He made the good first step in reaching out, I should have been better on continued follow up. Lesson learned.

RIP
Old 21 June 2018, 17:42

knowing him in person you would never know of his struggles, he never talked about his issues just tried to help anyone he could with theirs.
Old 21 June 2018, 18:02
Been There Done That

Thank you for letting us know.

RIP Travis
Old 21 June 2018, 18:04
giving you a number

Quote:
No one should have to suffer the loss of a child.

May he Rest in Peace
Old 21 June 2018, 18:06
Shakin' the bush Boss

Well, dammit. That sucks.

Thanks for letting us know VH.
Old 21 June 2018, 18:16
Swimming Upstream

RIP
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 21 June 2018, 20:09
Confirmed User

Now I'm sad.
RIP.
Old 21 June 2018, 20:11
Been There Done That

Terrible. May he find peace now with his daughter.

Our new posting rules