Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > ARSOF Recruitment and Prep

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 October 2015, 18:13

Physical Prep Discussion

After using the search function, I couldn't find any recent (w/in the last year or two) discussions involving actual fitness prep for SFAS. I thought that I might take the liberty of starting a newer, more contemporary, discussion on the subject.

As an 18x contract hopeful, I've been doing some preliminary research on the subject and I've found two particular programs that I thought would be something to ask about in this forum: Military Athlete (particularly their Ruck-Based (SFAS) Training Packet) and SOFLETE. Does anybody have any experience with these programs? Even if you don't, I know that I for one would be interested in hearing any thoughts on them.

There's a lot of other posts here about rucking/running/etc., and I'm sure that much hasn't changed with the normal "get out there and do it", but are there any tips, perhaps a little newer, that anyone would be interested in telling?

Thanks ahead for the discussion and so sorry if I'm about to get the slap of justice for unwittingly committing some SOCNET faux pas.

Our new posting rules