Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 7 January 2014, 05:55
The other blue meat

It might not work if you are not signed in to Facebook. Name is Arden Sellers.
Old 7 January 2014, 06:19
Cloud bursting...

I think due to his profile privacy settings he will not appear in searches and that explains the link being disabled.

Can you provide a link to his facebook homepage.
Old 7 January 2014, 06:21
The Sagacious One

I am on my tablet now. I'll check later in the AM.
Old 7 January 2014, 06:22
The other blue meat

Proeliator Quod Medicus is the name he uses on facebook. The pictures of the beret are in his profile pics.
Old 7 January 2014, 07:00
In Vino Veritas

You guys are assholes, that's fricking M06!

Sooooo we works at SWC and since '09! Anyone that F'd up has to be CA or PSYOPS

By the way he holds his pistol I'd say at best he is a non-qual and at worse just plain gay as a bag of dicks.

He is listed as an E-4 with 19th SFG in Utah which could mean a whole bunch of things. He could be a support kid or he could be a non-qual in various stages of the SFQC. Since he is assigned to 19th SFG he is authorized the red beret with the 19th SFG's flash.

Tell your "friend" that he better watch out lest a superior LARPer take 'ith doth wench.

I think the important lesson here is that dressing up as other men is gay. Oh, and so is dressing up to look like your favorite SF stud.

Last edited by Hot Mess; 7 January 2014 at 07:12.
Old 7 January 2014, 10:53
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyop Shaw View Post
Post Deleted
You have already been asked by an SF BTDT why you are answering an SF Poser question in this forum.
What part of the question did you not understand?

Knock it off and stay in your Psyop lane.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 7 January 2014 at 12:43.
Old 7 January 2014, 11:04
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theangrysmurf View Post
Howdy, quick question... SF metal insignia pinned on blue background worn on a Maroon beret. Red flag?
Quick answer: NO.

And that "SF metal insignia" is referred to as a DUI. Not the kind that gets guys kicked out of Ranger Battalion and SF but Distinctive Unit Insignia
Old 7 January 2014, 14:19
The other blue meat

Thanks for the info. Any ideas why he'd list himself at a TS 18C? Would the TS mean anything like 'training school' or mean he's in the SFQC pipeline?
Old 7 January 2014, 15:58
In Vino Veritas

Not that I've ever heard of but there is admittedly a lot I don't know. He could mean a clearance or something. But he is not MOS Q'd until he finishes the Q course so there are no predesignation, or anything that would denote him as an 18C.

Last edited by Hot Mess; 7 January 2014 at 16:04.
Old 7 January 2014, 17:26
The other blue meat

Beautiful. Many thanks and much respect for you fellas. I have what I need. If one of you heavy hitter mod types can sanitize the posts to remove names and whatnot, that might be good. Either way, Take care
Old 15 August 2014, 17:27

Gentlemen,
I want to bring to your attention a man going by the name of
John Springer, M.S. on LinkedIn if any of you are members of that site.

He has joined a group called Professional Operators. He is neither. He is making wild claims about having been on an ODA in 7th Group and was personally involved in the training and forming of Force Recon. His profile says he got the Bronze Star in November of 1991 (a little late for DS, a little early for Mogadishu) and that he was in the 17th Airborne Corps. I've never heard of that one but am familiar with the 18th Airborne Corps particularly the LRRS unit.

I've never heard an SF guy refer to himself as a Paratrooper but normally an SF guy or Group guy. I have called him out as fake but wanted to pass this info to you good people to do with as you will. He is making some real enemies over there in your name.
RTD
Old 15 August 2014, 18:27
Confirmed User

Utah / 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
You guys are assholes, that's fricking M06!

Sooooo we works at SWC and since '09! Anyone that F'd up has to be CA or PSYOPS

By the way he holds his pistol I'd say at best he is a non-qual and at worse just plain gay as a bag of dicks.

He is listed as an E-4 with 19th SFG in Utah which could mean a whole bunch of things. He could be a support kid or he could be a non-qual in various stages of the SFQC. Since he is assigned to 19th SFG he is authorized the red beret with the 19th SFG's flash.

Tell your "friend" that he better watch out lest a superior LARPer take 'ith doth wench.

I think the important lesson here is that dressing up as other men is gay. Oh, and so is dressing up to look like your favorite SF stud.
If he's out of Utah at Group HQ he can be reached out and touched - I was just out there last month with the CMD - lots and lots of maroon berets...most 18s are elsewhere.
Old 11 September 2014, 08:24
Quiet Professional

Anyone wishing to confirm a person's SF status can contact me via message. I have established a working relationship with the SWC G-3 for ATRRS checks. With a name and SSN I can get a check in a few days via email.

We've also established a Face Book page for SF Posers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/425723287513117/
Old 11 September 2014, 12:27
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
You have already been asked by an SF BTDT why you are answering an SF Poser question in this forum.
What part of the question did you not understand?

Knock it off and stay in your Psyop lane.
That's funny shit right there!
Old 3 March 2016, 14:03
RIP Cass and SOTB

An update on the poser I encountered. He got fired, then gets re-hired by the same guy who fired him (A former 2\75 Ranger) even though he lied about being an 18B. And lied about pretty much everything. WTF? Not a smart business decision. But thank you to everyone who helped me initially. Unfortunately this asshat will get away with this.

Our new posting rules