Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 15 May 2015, 16:13
Been There Done That

Posers

It really is amusing to catch a poser...and nothing can really piss you off like one.

I was out at a bar with a bunch of guys near the end of a course we were all doing. There was about 20 of us, mostly GB's and some MARSOC guys. One of the boys spotted a guy rolling around wearing a SEAL shirt, and it didn't take long before he was quietly surrounded and asked a few questions.

Now, we didn't have any SEALs in the group, and it is generally common knowledge that any GB will be quick to throw jabs at our Navy boys at every possible opportunity. (Professional rivalry if you will). Regardless, we were all quite pissed that this guy was possibly faking.

Long story short, he was a bullshit artist, and left the bar shortly after our "chat" shirtless and a bit terrified.

I may make fun of SEALs when I'm working with them or we are hanging out, but that doesn't give some a-hole the right to fake the funk. Whatever "special" unit you may be in, I believe all SOF guys understand and appreciate the challenges associated with gaining entrance into those units, and we just don't appreciate someone who thinks its ok to falsely claim affiliation.

As a side note, I really don't understand why someone would try to claim to be an "operator" in a certain unit if they really were a part of that unit in some other capacity. I still have mad respect for someone who was a CAG or Group support guy. Why would they not just be happy with what they actually did?

Some of the best guys I knew at Group were Chaplains, cooks, Medics or intel guys. I don't respect them less because they weren't an 18 series guy. But I certainly would if they started claiming to be one.
Old 16 May 2015, 01:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjefe View Post
I think this article was written close enough to this situation that is worth it for you to read so you can understand why he is despised:

http://www.havokjournal.com/culture/veterans-hate-posers-much/
Thanks for this^

I'm going to show this to my wife. I married her late in my active duty life, and there are some bits of culture she just never got to drink in I guess. So she asks me sometimes why posers bug me so much, seeing as how I'm not a "cool-guy."

I'm not a cool-guy, but I have some cool-guy friends. And it pisses me off to see some d-bag capitalizing on a career that is selectively embellished.
Old 16 May 2015, 09:41
Preparing to defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
So she asks me sometimes why posers bug me so much, seeing as how I'm not a "cool-guy."

I'm not a cool-guy, but I have some cool-guy friends. And it pisses me off to see some d-bag capitalizing on a career that is selectively embellished.
Rant, over.

And WTF makes you uncool?!?!

Edit: This wasn't directed at you personally, Geoff, but the attitude of uncool.

Sometimes I can't stand people who aren't proud of the service they provided to this country, almost as much as I can't stand the douche bag assholes that either embellish or outright lie about it!

BE FRIGGIN' PROUD OF WHAT YOU DID. PERIOD.

Rant, out.
Old 16 May 2015, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogonroad View Post
Rant, over.

And WTF makes you uncool?!?!

[/B]Rant, out.
Ha!

I'm proud to have served, and proud to continue to serve!

I was just referring to the fact that I am noticeably not an elite ninja. :)

Cheers.
Old 16 May 2015, 15:04
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
Ha!

I'm proud to have served, and proud to continue to serve!

I was just referring to the fact that I am noticeably not an elite ninja. :)

Cheers.
An "elite ninja" cannot do their job without the "support" team. They rely on the cooks (I've had some outstanding military chow), mechanics (while we were on the range rehearsing they were busting their asses on the infil platforms), intel (yeah they get shit about being intel weenies but they give good target packages), supply sergeants (something break last night and when you wake up Santa had come to town and you have a new toy), armors (yahoo now I got a gun that works, all of the time), etc...

If a support person (SOF enabler in this case) wasn't there a SOF guy would be off of the team doing this vital job.

Be proud.
Old 16 May 2015, 16:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post

If a support person (SOF enabler in this case) wasn't there a SOF guy would be off of the team doing this vital job.

Be proud.
Thanks. I'm glad to hear this, too. I'm awaiting a confirmation email for a 19th Grp SFRE slot right now, hoping to go all the way to 18E. I think I can hack it, too. But I'm older than the average bear, and the Almighty might know something about my calendar that He hasn't let me in on yet.

So in the background I've positioned myself to wear the maroon beret for 5th Grp if the SFRE doesn't go as I plan. I want to go to the game, and I'll be happy to be on the team, on the bench, or just the waterboy for the greatest Teams on Earth. I've got a never-worn DOL that's been sitting next to my work-desk for almost 10 years now, and I'm looking to take it out of the plastic any way I can.

And to stay on thread topic ... um ... SCREW POSERS!
Old 22 May 2015, 11:10
Been There Done That

Brian Jones - Phony

Guys, I don't have time to look up the Brian Jones's bullshit.

If someone has the direct links where he's claimed/stated to be on SFOD-D as an operator, I would like them. (I don't doubt he's said this, but I want proof). I can't believe anyone is S. FL hasn't shut him down.

MAGICIAN...are you tracking anything on him?
Old 22 May 2015, 15:44
Whatever Sucks the Most

Clay is your huckleberry. He posts in this thread. In fact, I believe that he started it.
Old 6 July 2015, 17:25
Confirmed User

Jones v Holland

This is easy to access, and shows what some will do for a pay check.. ... ..Clay

SGM Jones - Bullshit Lawsuit.

Find attached a .pdf of Jones v. Holland.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jones v. Holland.pdf (699.8 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by magician; 8 July 2015 at 21:09.
Old 6 July 2015, 17:28
Confirmed User

Answer and Defense

Answer and Defense Against CSM Jones Lawsuit.

Jones v. Holland, Answer to Verified Complaint for Injunctive Relief and Damages, and Affirmative Defenses.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Brian Jones v. Holland, Answer and Defenses.pdf (300.5 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by magician; 8 July 2015 at 21:11.
Old 8 October 2015, 03:14
Confirmed User

UPDATE: SGM Jones - Altair Training Solutions

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 06, 2015

Brian Jones, Altair Military Training Facility Under Foreclosure

LABELLE, FL. -- Altair Training Solutions, Inc., Blue Spoon LLC and Brian Jones are being sued in Hendry Circuit Court for alleged failure to make payments under a $4,375,000 credit line and promissory note for the purchase and operation of a one-year old military and law enforcement training facility in southern Hendry County, Fl.

South Florida Ops LLC along with Robert White and R. Laken Mitchell filed the foreclosure suit September 24 alleging default on payments due. Also joined as defendants are Bryant Construction and Roofing and Guardian Fueling Technologies, both having possible claims against Altair.

In what some observers says was a dubious transaction when the state of Florida in 2014 sold the former Hendry Correctional Institution, a prison in south Hendry county. to Blue Spoon LLC a company owed by Brian W. Jones and Michelle A. Jones.

The Jones' had a a two-year old company called Altair Training Solutions, Inc and the $30 million purchase of 1,100 acres and an airfield was planned to expand the firms tactical training operations, according to Brian Jones.

Brian Jones, a 21-year Army veteran Sergeant Major with Ranger and Delta Force experience in describing Altair said last year "I realized the need for a world class facility that offers land, sea and air capabilities."

Jones at the time, filed papers with the state indicating plans to employ 200 people at the facility. A year ago, Hendry County gave Altair a property tax waiver deal for the promise to create 144 jobs with an average salary of $62,152. That's almost three times the average Hendry worker's paycheck.

Michelle Jones, wife, Executive Vice President and co-owner was a guest speaker at a recent Kiwanis Club of LaBelle Meeting and claimed to have created at least 35 new jobs.

She is a decorated combat veteran, who served 13.5 years in the Army as a logistician and planner.

She said, Altair provides tactical training that include weapons, tactics, evasive driving, medical, water operations, and airborne operations for military, law enforcement and other response agencies.

This week Brian Jones reportedly claimed he now has 25 employees.

Jones said of his Altair training facility, "ALTAIR was created to provide training solutions for government (military) specialized teams. The extensive training area consists of the 25-acre ALTAIR Deep Lake Training Complex, which used to be the Old Copeland Prison, deep in the Florida Everglades. It includes multiple shooting ranges, helicopter landing capabilities, obstacle courses, and various other specialized training solutions; The 22,000 acre ALTAIR airfield, the 10,000 Islands used for marine operations..."

Source: Brian Jones, Altair Military Training Facility Under Foreclosure
Old 9 October 2015, 12:56
Confirmed User

Jones Military History Has Created A Controversy

Brian Wilson Jones military history has created some controversy as online blogs claim he has exaggerated his Army experiences and combat deployments. This Ain't Hell But You Can See It From Here says "He claims medals that aren't in his file, wounds that aren’t supported by the award of any Purple Hearts, and, of course, PTSD which justifies his service dog business."

Military Phonies - Brian Wilson Jones - Blog of Shame says his claimed deployments to Panama, Somalia, Columbia, and Iraq are not correct according to records including his DD-214 obtained under FOIA about Jones.

SOURCE: Soiuthwest Florida Online
Old 11 July 2016, 01:16

Website is still up ... watered down language ... is he still in business?

http://www.altairtrainingsolutions.com/

Quote:
Don Browne 8:50 AM
As of March 3, 2016 the case is still pending and no hearings have been heard by the Judge. Cases similar usually take a year or more to run through the courts.
http://swflorida.blogspot.com/2015/1...-training.html
Old 22 July 2016, 15:12
At the Barn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC_SOF_Intel View Post
Website is still up ... watered down language ... is he still in business?

http://www.altairtrainingsolutions.com/

http://swflorida.blogspot.com/2015/1...-training.html

His LinkedIn page is still saying the same garbage. Sad.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-jones-5ab7524
Old 22 July 2016, 15:30
At the Barn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18b/e View Post
Guys, I don't have time to look up the Brian Jones's bullshit.

If someone has the direct links where he's claimed/stated to be on SFOD-D as an operator, I would like them. (I don't doubt he's said this, but I want proof). I can't believe anyone is S. FL hasn't shut him down.

MAGICIAN...are you tracking anything on him?
https://militaryphonies.files.wordpr...-hawk-down.png
Old 30 December 2016, 02:03
Confirmed User

Brian Wilson Jones Losses It All

Well, it's taken a long time for all this shit of Jones to come to a head, but it did, and in such a bad way for Brer Jones.. I hate it that so many people and companies got burnt by Jones, but, to me, he should be behind bars.. ... ..Clay

Quote:
Background questions

Some have accused Brian Jones of exaggerating his service record as well as Altair's prospects. Jones’ military career – distinguished in its own right – was embellished in the company literature and doesn't appear to match his official service record. This has led to Jones being featured on websites dedicated to exposing people who exaggerate or fabricate military experience. The accusations are that Jones, in presentations, interviews and company literature recounts missions in Bosnia, Iraq, the battle of Mogadishu made famous in "Black Hawk Down" and the rescue of an American businessman from a prison in Panama.
Quote:
Lxxxx Vxxxxxx, who participated in the 1989 rescue of American Kurt Muse from Modelo Prison in Panama City, Panama, asserted Jones wasn’t there. Vickers, a retired master sergeant in the U.S. Army, said he first heard about Jones when someone emailed him asking if he knew him from that famous operation.

“I can tell you he was not involved in any way, shape or form with Modelo Prison at all,” Vickers said. “There were 23 guys involved and he wasn’t one of them. ... Those who talk about it have never done it. And those that have done it, don’t ever talk about it.”
Resource: Altair Offered Hope
Old 6 March 2017, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I still don't understand why he's embarrassed to be a support guy. I've been in support my entire career. IMO, ain't no shame in any job, as long as you do it as well as you can. Like my dad used to say, "if you're a ditch digger, be the best damn ditch digger you can."
Well said Gray Rhino.

I once met a guy when I was in uniform in Philadelphia who was asking for a US Army bumper-sticker. I asked him about his service and he said "I served two years in Germany as a cook. I was drafted and sure didn't to serve, but I did. I never went to Vietnam but was in from 1968 to 1970. Today I am proud that I served ever if it was only cooking in Germany."

Never had I felt prouder to shake a guys hand. He was honest and that means the world.

I myself ETS'ed without a Ranger Tab from 1/75 (Broke foot in RS and lost a 2nd slot when I went to Desert Storm) and always regretted non earning it. After 9-11 came back in and did earn it. In the mid-90's I enlisted into the 20th SFG (A Co, 1st BN in Decatur AL) as a non-tabbed guy who wanted to go to selection but never made the time. I did however go to SFAS and the Q-course later in life (2008-2010) and was a med drop, so while proud of my attempt and service, I do not have nor have I earned a long-tab, despite injury during Robin Sage. Close but not earned.

As others have said, it takes all to complete a mission from the truck drivers and cooks to the operators.

Back to the forum post, when my wife worked for TSA CSM(R) Brian Jones gave her a business card that said former 'Delta Operator,' 'Ranger,' etc. on it, with the Altair logo. We've moved a few times since then, so don't have it, but if he handed her one they are out there for you guys hunting for more ammo.

Our new posting rules