Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23 February 2013, 18:57
LRS Guy's Avatar
LRS Guy LRS Guy is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Springfield Mo when I'm not in
Posts: 1,400
POC for 19th SFG in California

Hey Gents,

Trying to help a buddy out. As I recall wasn't there a SF Co. in Southern California?

Anyway got 2 dudes, very solid (1 Recon Marine and other Army grunt) interested in trying out for SF. Both live is Southern CA.

Any help would be appreciated.
__________________
International Brotherhood of Trunk Monkeys Local 762, Bagdad Chapter

Confirmed as a"Cynical, Sarcastic, Bastard" by a co-worker in Mosul Iraq 22 May 2006.

"I'm a Black Jew at a Nazi Klan rally. LET'S GET IT ON!" Ted Nugent 2008

"I'm a fairly dangerous man when I'm scared!"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23 February 2013, 19:12
gavin's Avatar
gavin gavin is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Back where it all began
Posts: 4,691
A/5/19 is in CA (Redwood City and Los Alamitos).

First step is to talk to a NG recruiter.

There are several unit members here on SOCNET.
__________________
Clumsy Latin Phrase!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23 February 2013, 21:57
Hot Mess's Avatar
Hot Mess Hot Mess is online now
In Vino Veritas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where you vacation
Posts: 10,253
PM me if you want the contact info for the unit.
__________________
Come on boys, you got to do it right, pray to the moon in the middle of the night
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23 February 2013, 22:19
LRS Guy's Avatar
LRS Guy LRS Guy is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Springfield Mo when I'm not in
Posts: 1,400
Thats what I love about SOCNET!

Anything, Anywhere, Anytime!
__________________
International Brotherhood of Trunk Monkeys Local 762, Bagdad Chapter

Confirmed as a"Cynical, Sarcastic, Bastard" by a co-worker in Mosul Iraq 22 May 2006.

"I'm a Black Jew at a Nazi Klan rally. LET'S GET IT ON!" Ted Nugent 2008

"I'm a fairly dangerous man when I'm scared!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17 June 2013, 18:38
Paranutz's Avatar
Paranutz Paranutz is offline
American Infidel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Not where your at....
Posts: 773
Anyone need a recruiter in CA NG contact me...i am now in REC RET....
PM and I'll get you my info Thanks
__________________
" I am not a freak or a Pimp....I am a Sexual mercenary, not to be confused with a prostitute!"......

"I'll blow a hole in your face then go inside and sleep like a baby." -Walt Kowalski
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2 July 2013, 18:20
Hankpac Hankpac is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 2
What happened to C det 12th group in San Pedro? We drilled at Ft Mac.
Been a long tome, like 34 years.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2 July 2013, 19:17
Floyd Floyd is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AZ, no more snow for me
Posts: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankpac View Post
What happened to C det 12th group in San Pedro? We drilled at Ft Mac.
Been a long tome, like 34 years.
The 12th was shut down in 1994
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2 July 2013, 20:04
Hot Mess's Avatar
Hot Mess Hot Mess is online now
In Vino Veritas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where you vacation
Posts: 10,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankpac View Post
Been a long tome, like 34 years.
LOL, I think you answered your own question
__________________
Come on boys, you got to do it right, pray to the moon in the middle of the night
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12 July 2013, 13:21
Paranutz's Avatar
Paranutz Paranutz is offline
American Infidel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Not where your at....
Posts: 773
12th Grp "old timers" came to A 5/19 and most have moved on. Some that were non-quals with 12th eventually went to the QC and are still on some teams in Los Al and Redwood City...The wish of some is to bring together the Det and the Company (-) at Camp Roberts or Camp SLO...Roberts would be better for Training and Unit HQ.
__________________
" I am not a freak or a Pimp....I am a Sexual mercenary, not to be confused with a prostitute!"......

"I'll blow a hole in your face then go inside and sleep like a baby." -Walt Kowalski
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12 July 2013, 13:26
MeatLasagna MeatLasagna is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 993
If they move the company to Roberts... I'm opening a bar in Paso Robles, an unofficial GB club of sorts.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 18 December 2013, 19:56
ag4tj's Avatar
ag4tj ag4tj is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: out of town
Posts: 84
The next SFRE will be 13-15 MAR at Camp San Luis Obispo.

Get the word out to everyone who has been asking you:

Candidates report to BLDG 835 NLT 1800 on 13 MAR for in-brief.
SFRE events start at 0500 on 14 MAR, board following the road march.
Those traveling over 150 miles will remain in the barracks until 0600 on 15 MAR.

Link for information and paperwork:
http://www.calguard.ca.gov/A5-19SF/P...ialForces.aspx

Please check out the website, it will help answer any questions you might hear.

FYI, the company has been consolidated in Southern California. The bay area det has been closed.
__________________
"We don't thrive on military acts. We do them because we have to, and thank God we are efficient."
--Golda Meir

Last edited by ag4tj; 18 December 2013 at 19:57. Reason: FYI
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 31 August 2014, 23:14
ag4tj's Avatar
ag4tj ag4tj is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: out of town
Posts: 84
The next SFRE for A/5-19 will be 15-16 NOV at JFTB Los Alamitos.

Detailed information will be available soon on:
http://www.calguard.ca.gov/A5-19SF
__________________
"We don't thrive on military acts. We do them because we have to, and thank God we are efficient."
--Golda Meir
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12 September 2014, 20:05
Geoff Geoff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 37
As I await my SF physical's SWC stamp and train for SFRE, I've been doing some area recon on living/church/family stuff in Southern California.

I've been concentrating on the Roberts/SLO area -- was that the wrong call? Because now I see you do some things in Los A, as well.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12 September 2014, 21:00
18C4V's Avatar
18C4V 18C4V is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
I've been concentrating on the Roberts/SLO area -- was that the wrong call? Because now I see you do some things in Los A, as well.
Well, Los Al is alot flatter than Roberts/SLO but it can be just as hot in the summer. Regardless of the location, you need to come out and crush the SFRE since we're not taking as many guys as before.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12 September 2014, 21:14
Geoff Geoff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 37
Roger that. The upcoming SFRE (November) is out of the question for personal reasons, but I've backwards-planned my training program expecting a SLO or Los Alamitos SFRE in the March-May window.

God willing, I will crush it as you recommend. I'm old (36), but I ain't broke.

When you say not as many guys are getting accepted as before, can you quantify that?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 13 September 2014, 08:46
ag4tj's Avatar
ag4tj ag4tj is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: out of town
Posts: 84
To quantify; A/5-19 has pcked up as many as 9 from one SFRE.
This one may pick up less than 5.
You should plan to finish ahead of everyone.
__________________
"We don't thrive on military acts. We do them because we have to, and thank God we are efficient."
--Golda Meir
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 13 September 2014, 09:02
Jong Jong is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fantasy Land
Posts: 1,162
What would be considered crushing the SFRE?
__________________
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 13 September 2014, 09:56
ag4tj's Avatar
ag4tj ag4tj is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: out of town
Posts: 84
300+ APFT, keeping your ruck pace faster than 12min per mile, getting told to stop doing pull-ups because no one cares how many more you can do past 20.
__________________
"We don't thrive on military acts. We do them because we have to, and thank God we are efficient."
--Golda Meir
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 13 September 2014, 15:43
Hot Mess's Avatar
Hot Mess Hot Mess is online now
In Vino Veritas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where you vacation
Posts: 10,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4tj View Post
To quantify; A/5-19 has pcked up as many as 9 from one SFRE.
This one may pick up less than 5.
You should plan to finish ahead of everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
What would be considered crushing the SFRE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4tj View Post
300+ APFT, keeping your ruck pace faster than 12min per mile, getting told to stop doing pull-ups because no one cares how many more you can do past 20.
I was cadre at the SFRE in October '12 and May '13. The competition is very stiff. Aside from good PT a successful candidate will probably have a 4 yr degree, prior .mil experience, and have leadership ability. I cannot remember but I'm 99% that PT test is the 17-21 age group. That means my 290 in my age group is now a 280, something to consider when training.

Another thing to think about is can you go to the Q course on a PCS move to Bragg? Do you have the financials to support that?
__________________
Come on boys, you got to do it right, pray to the moon in the middle of the night
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 13 September 2014, 15:46
Hot Mess's Avatar
Hot Mess Hot Mess is online now
In Vino Veritas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where you vacation
Posts: 10,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
As I await my SF physical's SWC stamp and train for SFRE, I've been doing some area recon on living/church/family stuff in Southern California.

I've been concentrating on the Roberts/SLO area -- was that the wrong call? Because now I see you do some things in Los A, as well.
You're waiting for a SWC stamp and physical to train for the SFRE Did someone tell you you need a physical to tryout?
__________________
Come on boys, you got to do it right, pray to the moon in the middle of the night
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET