Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Marine Corps Special Operations > MarSoc

Old 10 February 2014, 14:42

PSD class certification?

In 2004 i attended a PSD training course taught by an NCO and a captain from MarSOC. My twelve man team and I were trained for several weeks to include pistol qual/drills, formation movements, defensive driving, 3 car package, protecting principle, and primary to secondary drills. We were being trained to support President Karzai during his election process. We were then attached to a small unit of Marines tasked with QRF to the presidential compound in Kabul. We were the first class and did not receive any form of certificate.

Is there a way to obtain proof of this course. Do they still teach these classes. My FstSgt, at the time, is now 2nd Marine Division Base SgtMaj. I am trying to utilize this on an application.

Thanks ahead for any help given.
Old 10 February 2014, 14:59
Authorized Personnel

Your best bet is to track down the instructors/staff. Stuff like this can prove to be difficult to track down...Somebody else may come along with some better advice.
Old 10 February 2014, 15:13
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

I agree -- search for the instructors or someone you know was at MARSOC during that timeframe. Since you mention MARSOC as the instructors, I'm wondering if there will be any sort of cert or diploma, recognizable by anyone -- not to be a dick, but MARSOC teaching EP/PSD is not unlike my teaching typing. Yeah, I have an idea of how to do it -- but by no one's standards am I really knowledgable.

The above comment is simply considering if these were two normal instructors from MARSOC, and not some dudes that happened to be in MARSOC but also with a deep level of experience in the subject matter....
Old 10 February 2014, 15:40
Been There Done That

MARSOC didn't exist in 2004, we didn't stand up/activate until 2006. You may be referring to 4th MEB/AT which is now disbanded.
Old 10 February 2014, 15:47

WGH

You are right, i must be referring to them MarSOC because that is what we referred to them when we returned maybe. Thanks, proven impossible.

SOTB,
Dead on, these guys had been to Blackwater training and were trying to get a similar class started on Lejeune. Must be why we never got a cert. much headache saved.

Thank you guys
Old 10 February 2014, 15:59
Authorized Personnel

Usually certificates aren't awarded unless the school is officially recognized and signed off on by the Marine Corps. One of those wonderful perks of being in the Marines!
Old 10 February 2014, 16:13

The perks!!
I have 16 months overseas, 12 in hostile 6 in japan. I have a medal with a v.
My dd214 states 12 months foreign service, no combat dates, no CAR.
Wtf
Old 10 February 2014, 17:07
Authorized Personnel

Do some research then on getting your DD214 fixed. If there are things that are missing, especially things that are preventing you from gaining employment, they can fix it for you. Start small with your local Reserve station. If you swing by the recruiting office, they should be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 10 February 2014, 17:58
Still Learning!

Spartan, not trying to throw you under the bus at all, but that is why I've said it a thousand times, read your DD214 before you get out! Much easier to fix while your standing in admin, than trying to do it as a former Marine. Most guys are just thinking it's just another piece of paper they have to sign when they are easing, but it is a very important piece of paper you want to ensure is correct.

Good luck!
Old 10 February 2014, 18:18

Maverick
Good info thanks.
Miguel
Appreciate it, but i never signed my dd-214!
It reads" SNM is unavailable for signatures"
But u are correct, i should have thought to clear it all up before i left base!
4 deployments in 4 years, it was a quick process out the door!
Old 10 February 2014, 23:24
Confirmed User

You can have your DD214 amended if you can provide relevant proof to the Naval board of corrections. IE your awards which should have places and dates. They will then issue you a DD215 which is a corrected addendum page.

SgtMaj Z is a friend of mine and I ran into him in 2004 when he was your 1stSgt in Afghanistan while I was with 3/6. If I am not mistaken he said that just your guy's company was in country from the MEB. This could have led to your SRB not being properly updated with your deployment dates because your admin support was in the rear at CLNC. Good Luck
Old 11 February 2014, 10:02

DB,
You are spot on.
The afghan deployment seems to be missing but I do have the Afghan campaign medal, along with gwot expedition, gwot service, And Iraq campaign medal. I am in touch with SgtMaj. Z now and will see if I can track down the award citations.

Thank you to the MOD's that allowed this post to stay open. Admin is a hard route to navigate.
Old 25 August 2015, 13:08
SOCTacticaRecruiter
Visitor

A lot of these certifications we can use on our program to get you certified. Send me a PM for more details.
Old 25 August 2015, 13:50
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCTacticaRecruiter View Post
A lot of these certifications we can use on our program to get you certified. Send me a PM for more details.
Is reading required to become a recruiter?
Old 6 September 2015, 14:06
Testify to the Truth

Quote:
This guy again?
Old 6 September 2015, 20:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
Holy fuck.

I don't even.
If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn't want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, or should I just close the door and stay safe?
- Muhammad Ali #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Our new posting rules