Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 1 May 2015, 12:32

Ran across this article today in a local weekly publication. Looks like he is still using his claims to garnish business.

http://fortmyers.floridaweekly.com/news/2015-04-29/Business_News/Team_building.html
Old 3 May 2015, 01:56
Been There Done That

AR builders

18B's / Crane folks / gun enthusiasts.....

This:

Quote:
Every October, I will design and produce a limited number of firearms exclusively for the ALTAIR Gun Club. This year, I designed an AR 15, it is the ALTAIR Predator. Delta Force Operator Steve Adelman is building ALTAIR 10 Carbines that are ALTAIR signature rifles. My specifications, manufactured by Steve, who is an Operator that custom builds rifles for Operators. The first one is mine; club members already claimed 3, before I had a chance to put this out. That leaves 6 on a first come, first serve basis. We are getting these custom Carbines at extremely low prices, so if you want one, get your deposit in to Michelle in the next few days. The price is $2400, the deposit is 50%. I want to get the deposits in to Steve by early next week; delivery is January 5, 2013.

A free 2-hour class will be scheduled after delivery for everyone who received one to familiarize you with the specifics of this carbine, zeroing, break in procedures and maintenance. With a less than 1 MOA, zeroing wont take long!

That is a very low price for a custom AR of this quality and precision, made by Steve Adelman. He is exclusive to operators.

Here are the specs for the 1st 10.

Wylde match chamber
A3 flat top upper, M4 feed ramp, medium contour
16 inch 1:8 twist criterion match barrel
ALG defense QMS 6 lb. trigger
Miad pistol grip
Miculek muzzle brake
10″ free float tube with full top rail
32″ rails and bipod stud
End plate sling attachment left or right or ambi
Magpul flip sights front and rear
Magpul 6 position stock
Fully accurized, 1 MOA or less guarantee, test target and details accompany
Hard case, manuals included
made me chuckle and cringe at the same time. The parts listed above are $800-$900 TOTAL, depending on who you do bizness with and if you build AR's from scratch. His 50% down is $400 dollars profit off the top before installing one pin or spring on the gun......X 10. Then the follow-on 50% $1200 upon delivery PER GUN - pure profit because the gun was paid for with the first installment. What a scam. Google the gun parts yourself. This is garage, leatherman, and vice amateur hour install stuff. Along w/being an asshole poser, this gun stuff is a total scam as well.

~D-6606~
Old 3 May 2015, 08:09
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
18B's / Crane folks / gun enthusiasts.....

This:

made me chuckle and cringe at the same time. The parts listed above are $800-$900 TOTAL, depending on who you do bizness with and if you build AR's from scratch. His 50% down is $400 dollars profit off the top before installing one pin or spring on the gun......X 10. Then the follow-on 50% $1200 upon delivery PER GUN - pure profit because the gun was paid for with the first installment. What a scam. Google the gun parts yourself. This is garage, leatherman, and vice amateur hour install stuff. Along w/being an asshole poser, this gun stuff is a total scam as well.
How can he be "exclusive to operators?" if he's selling off these rifles to anyone?
Gay write up.
Old 3 May 2015, 10:46
Confirmed User

Money To Be Made Telling Lies

Shouldn't you take the Long Range Precision Rifle course, first, before you took the Long Range Target Interdiction course..? Just a thought..

Fight Like A Girl And Win - Is this the scratchin', clawin', and screamin' part of the course, since no weapon is involved..

SOURCE: Courses/Special Event Calendar
Old 4 May 2015, 05:22
Whatever Sucks the Most

Burn this jackass down, please.
Old 5 May 2015, 01:31
Confirmed User

Scrubbling Everything

I know he is scrubbing everything he possibly can, but not to worry, I got screen shots out the ass.. More than enough info. to take him down.. This piece of shit is probably one of the worse I have went after in the last 15 years.. ... ..Clay

SOURCE: Innovations In Healthcare
Old 5 May 2015, 09:55
Authorized Personnel

Skin to Skin?

Musta been following a different syllabus...
HK

Sometimes you just gotta hoist the Jolly Roger and start slittin' throats!
Old 5 May 2015, 10:01
Authorized Personnel

I still don't understand why he's embarrassed to be a support guy. I've been in support my entire career. IMO, ain't no shame in any job, as long as you do it as well as you can. Like my dad used to say, "if you're a ditch digger, be the best damn ditch digger you can."
Old 5 May 2015, 11:37
Preparing to defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0699 View Post
I still don't understand why he's embarrassed to be a support guy. I've been in support my entire career. IMO, ain't no shame in any job, as long as you do it as well as you can. Like my dad used to say, "if you're a ditch digger, be the best damn ditch digger you can."
High five on that! After leaving the infantry at about the 7 year mark, I spent the next 18 being the best taxi driver I could!
Old 6 May 2015, 21:32
On the Extract Bird

Just a quick note here. I don't trust anyone who yacks in detail about their operator past. If you were one you usually just keep your mouth frickin shut. I have run across some old friends in SOCNET who served in my plt at 2nd batt pre-reg and that shocked the crap out of me. We'll try and get together since he's a state over, to talk about our bros, still here and those who have passed away. And that is as it should be. So anyone who bloviates like Brian Jones has catches my attention.
Old 6 May 2015, 21:35
On the Extract Bird

Oh and by the way. FOIA sucks. I went back to St Louis to personally review my records some years back and is was a nightmare. Most of my file was missing awards, decorations, schools, orders etc. Heck I saw orders there I never saw before and most of my SF/CA stuff was missing. Thank god I kept some of my docs. So don't count on your records saying squat.
Old 12 May 2015, 21:23

Hi,

I'm a Civi, so please pardon me on the proper terms and titles here. I met Brain several years ago, when he was honoring his brothers on the anniversary of Gothic Serpent, which I filmed. The entire brief was his perspective from his role in comms. At that time he explained he had never spoken of this and would never again. Since then, I have been inspired by his efforts to help other vets. He has been promoting education about Medical Service Dogs for PTSD, since he has personal experience with the results they provide even though medical science is lagging behind of the results. These public efforts are his own money on the table meant to raise money for Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs. It's all out of pocket. So here is a group doing positive work to help fellow SOF vets. I filmed this in April, at an event created by Brain.

https://youtu.be/Og9ZETQqkRk

Thank you for your service
Blast away.
Old 12 May 2015, 21:33
Been There Done That

^^^^^That sounded like a paid advertisement. As long as he continues to lie and refuses to admit COMPLETELY his lies, everything he touches is tainted. I would want nothing he touched.
Old 12 May 2015, 21:44
Administrator

Actually service dogs is the one thing that is very advanced in the benefits and treatment of PTSD.

Its always hard to find out someone has lied or exaggerated their service when you like them.
Old 12 May 2015, 21:46
Been There Done That

Dogs are cool. But I think I could find a legitimate organization to deal with.
Old 12 May 2015, 22:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjefe View Post
^^^^^That sounded like a paid advertisement. .
\

email dbeatydbeaty@yahoo.com. Nope. shoot me an email happy to chat. Volunteer.
Old 12 May 2015, 22:11
Administrator

Why should anyone shoot you an email? Chat here.
Old 12 May 2015, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Why should anyone shoot you an email? Chat here.
Sorry. Sure.
Old 12 May 2015, 23:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeaty2 View Post
Hi,

I'm a Civi, so please pardon me on the proper terms and titles here. I met Brain several years ago, when he was honoring his brothers on the anniversary of Gothic Serpent, which I filmed. The entire brief was his perspective from his role in comms. At that time he explained he had never spoken of this and would never again. Since then, I have been inspired by his efforts to help other vets. He has been promoting education about Medical Service Dogs for PTSD, since he has personal experience with the results they provide even though medical science is lagging behind of the results. These public efforts are his own money on the table meant to raise money for Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs. It's all out of pocket. So here is a group doing positive work to help fellow SOF vets. I filmed this in April, at an event created by Brain.

https://youtu.be/Og9ZETQqkRk

Thank you for your service
Blast away.
Great, so he has scammed a retired Marine Lt. Gen. into his cause too. I'm glad "Brain" was able to set that up.
Old 12 May 2015, 23:29

Thanks to you Vets. Especially Combat photogs!

Our new posting rules