Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 30 November 2016, 00:05

Update

Hey all, I will try to keep this brief.

Back in 2011 I received a lot of help from the members here about enlisting with an option 40 contract. Between then and now, a lot has changed for me and I had completely neglected coming back to let everyone know that I did not make it to the Regiment.

I never even made it to RASP. At some point between OSUT and pre-RASP pickup I started having pain in my left knee (found out later it was a muscular imbalance issue) and was sent to the 82nd ABN after I dropped. I refused medical treatment and soldiered on assuming it would get better with time, which led to more injuries. I was honorably separated in 2013 under chapter 13 (PT), an MRI result shortly after my separation found a 6mm disc herniation at my L5-S1.

Since, I have had a lot of luck rehabbing on my own and was able to begin weightlifting later that year. I am currently discussing reenlistment in the NG with my wife, and trying to figure out if that is an option for me at this time.

I know it's too little too late, but I truly wanted to thank everyone here for the time they spent answering my questions back then.

Our new posting rules