Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Navy SEALs

Old 17 October 2009, 19:44
Valhalla July 4, 2016 RIP Frogman

Welcome Mr. Murphy. It is an honor to have you on board. It is my pleasure to read your narrative. You have given....the max.
Old 17 October 2009, 21:50
Administrator

Mr. Murphy

Thank you, for your service, and for raising a Warrior and Hero.

Loved by few, judged by many
Old 18 October 2009, 08:25
Only slightly useless.

Mr. Murphy,

It is an honor and a priviledge to have you here. Your son has become an inspiration not only to other members of our armed services, but to many many people all over our great nation.

" My Son is my new Hero"
Old 18 October 2009, 13:16
Authorized Personnel

Mr. Murphy-

Glad to see you aboard.

I'd like to suggest a grass-roots promotional effort, starting here on SOCNET, to drive early interest in the book. Publishers tend to throw more promotional and marketing dollars behind books that have pre-orders, and we can generate them by contacting brick & mortar bookstores, Amazon, etc. and requesting copies before they go to press.

It's critical that we know the exact title before launching the campaign. As you know, publishers can be squirrelly when it comes to naming the books, and hopefully the current title will stick. Personally, I think it's excellent. If you think it's a 'go', we can start requesting copies in the near future, and hopefully inspire the publisher to get behind it like Little, Brown did with Lone Survivor.

We'll await word from you. You can contact me offline at the same address as before if you need anything.

Again, thanks for your sacrifice and service.

-Scott
Old 18 October 2009, 13:51
Viking for hire

Mr Murphy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless Civilian View Post
Mr. Murphy,

It is an honor and a priviledge to have you here. Your son has become an inspiration not only to other members of our armed services, but to many many people all over our great nation.
Not only many people all over your great nation, but many, many people in many, many nations around this globe of ours, amongst them, me.

“ I will reset your perception of reality.”
- JOHAN

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...."
- SOTB
Old 18 October 2009, 15:18
tip001
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless Civilian View Post
Your son has become an inspiration not only to other members of our armed services, but to many many people all over our great nation.
Mr. Murphy,

It's an honor to have you aboard. Hopeless Civilian summed it up for me. Mike is truly an inspiration and very much look forward to reading the book on Mike and his teammates.

Thank you too for your service to our great nation.
Old 18 October 2009, 20:14
Administrator

Welcome Daniel. There are many Team guys here.
I think you might find a few you can relate to. Your son went above and beyond the rest of us.

Frog, Class 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by modan5776 View Post
Hi. This is Navy SEAL Lt. Michael P. Murphy's Dad.....Daniel J. Murphy. Just wanted to let you all know how proud of I am of all of you and wanted to thank you for all the rememberances and tributes to my son. He was an incredible child, boy, young man, and adult and I am honored and grateful to have been blessed with him by God and able to call him my son. Thank you all for remembering him and his team. They were incredibly brave individuals and Michael was blessed with being a part of the Navy SEAL community whom he loved so much.
I did want to let everyone know that an author, Gary Williams, contacted the family and after about 18 months of research (and living with the familyfor awhile) wrote an incredible biography of Michael. We were adamant that Michael was first and foremost a team player and so while it is Michael's biography, its also about his team and Operation Redwing. At the family's insistence the author not only brings Michael's incredible history and life to the reader but spends some considerable time letting the readers know about the rest of the team, who they were, what they did, their awards, their family and what incredible men they were.
The book was originally titled "When Character met Circumstance; The Life of Navy SEAL Lt. Michael P. Murphy" the title coming from a speech Admiral Maguire gave at the Navy Memorial during the Medal of Honor ceremonies in Washington when he related How Michael's character came forward on that June day of 2005 when confronted with the circumstances he found himself and his team in on the mountain that fateful day. However, the publisher (being a publisher) wanted a catchy title and it has been re-titled as "SEAL of Honor; Operation Redwings and the Life of Lt. Michael P. Murphy USN". However, the family and the author really like the new title.
The book will be available or rolled out, we believe, on May 6th 2010 in time for the Navy SEAL Warrior dinner in New York City. The family is especially proud that a portion of the profits of the book will come back to the Navy SEAL community through Michael's Scholarship Foundation and to the Naval Special Warfare Foundation, Navy SEAL Warrior Fund and US Special Operations Foundation. I think Michael would really like that.
I will post as developments continue and we hear about the ship, USS Michael Murphy and the movie, Lone Survivor. Our good friend SOFCENTRIC who posts on this board or I will keep you all posted. Just wanted to say Hi and say Thank You.
Old 19 October 2009, 01:38
The Copenhagen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
Your son went above and beyond the rest of us.
Can't put it any better than that. Welcome aboard Mr Murphy.

Go get your motherfuckin' shine box.
Old 19 October 2009, 02:07
living life..

Thumbs up

Mr Murphy,

It is not my place to welcome you here, I am but a guest. I would however like to thank you. Your son will always be an inspiration. I can only hope my two young boys grow to be as strong in mind and body as your son was. You did a great job in setting the framework for the man he became. And I have only read about him. Credit to you Sir. I look forward to reading his, and in a lot of ways its your, story.
As your deed is so is your destiny.

Maitri Upanishads
Old 19 October 2009, 12:53
Been There Done That

Welcome Mr. Murphy. Such an honor to have you here. Your Son has been an inspiration to us all.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I’m attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 19 October 2009, 14:13
Clan Stiùbhard (Stuart)..

Mr. Murphy, words are failing me. I re-read Lone Survivor just last week. Awhile back I watched the MOH ceremony in Washington DC of you and your beautiful wife on behalf of Michael. I was not a SEAL, I was a fleet (Blackshoe) Sailor. I sat in tears that day watching that presentation. May God Bless you and your wife and the other families.

Mr. Murphy, we will NEVER forget.. Never.
Old 19 October 2009, 15:42
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by modan5776 View Post
I am honored and grateful to have been blessed with him by God and able to call him my son.
We are honored and grateful to have him as a brother. He as well as the others will never be forgotten. Thank you for joining the board. It is an honor to have the father of a TRUE HERO amongst us. Thank you sir.

~user formerly known as greenwarrior~
Old 19 October 2009, 21:11
Confirmed User

Welcome sir. I emailed you a couple months ago. Mike Murphy is the guy who REALLY helped put things for me into perspective after blowing out my back&needing surgery, thus dropping me out of BUD/s. He talked to me&said go back to the Teams as an armorer&give it another shot. I ran into him again on CERTEX before deployment (as well as James Suh&Matt Axelson). Thank you for raising such an amazing person. We will NEVER forget.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 23 October 2009, 23:14

SEAL of Honor: Operation Red Wings and the Life of LT MIchael Murphy, USN

My name is Gary Williams. I am the author of the soon to be released book SEAL of Honor: Operation Red Wings and the Life of LT Michael Murphy, USN. LT Michael Murphy was awarded the Medal of Honor on October 22, 2007 by then CINC George W. Bush for his action on 28 June 2005 in the Hindu Kush in Afghanistan. LT Murphy is the first Navy SEAL to receive the MOH since the Vietnam War, the first SEAL to receive the MOH posthumously, and the first to receive it for service in Afghanistan.

I am the oldest son of a decorated Korean War veteran but have no personal military experience of my own, although my parents raised us with a near reverent respect for those who wear the cloth of our nation. That respect has not diminished with time. I am a 30-year employee with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections and live just north of Cincinnati. I hold a Master's Degree in Public Administration and serve as an Adjunct Professor at Sinclair Community College in Dayton.

I have spent the past 18 months trying to capture the essence of the life of LT Michael Murphy and his selfless service to our country. SEAL of Honor is being published by the U.S. Naval Institute Press with an anticipated release date of 6 May 2010 at the Navy SEAL Warrior Fund dinner aboard the USS Intrepid in NYC. I would be honored to keep everyone up to date as this project continues. God's speed to all who go into harm's way to defend this great nation and that for which she stands.

You may contact me at glw3555@aol.com. It would be an honor to hear from you.
Old 28 June 2011, 09:49
Patriot

RIP Heroes
Old 28 June 2011, 12:09
The Copenhagen Kid

This day still rings as loud as the day it happened. Hoo-Yah Brothers!!!

Go get your motherfuckin' shine box.
Old 28 June 2011, 13:44
Confirmed User

RIP Warriors. Your sacrifices will never be forgotten.
Old 28 June 2011, 15:03
Not Dead? Don't Quit!

Alway's remembered, never forgotten...
There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses...only results
Old 28 June 2011, 17:53

Never Forgotten.
Old 28 June 2013, 14:51

8 Years ago today. RIP Warriors. Your sacrifice will never be forgotten. May we never forget the families that have been left behind as well.

Our new posting rules