Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 1 April 2013, 14:11
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcovil View Post
A.C.
...and why do you care about this random dude on the internet..just because he's saying that he is SF? Is he stealing from you? Marrying a family member? Is he getting VA money? Is he being paid extra based on his qualifications?

Or just because you play Xbox with him?

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 1 April 2013, 14:32
Administrator

Something isn't right here. I deleted the post due to my spidy senses tingling.
Old 18 May 2013, 17:28
RIP Cass and SOTB

Hello, I have a co-worker that I am not sure is who he says he is. He claims to have been 3SFG 18B, served on a group PSD in 2009-2010. Claims 10 years of SF experience. But was with 25ID in 2006 in Iraq. If anybody could help me figure this out. I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 25 May 2013, 09:32
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickmanc View Post
Hello, I have a co-worker that I am not sure is who he says he is. He claims to have been 3SFG 18B, served on a group PSD in 2009-2010. Claims 10 years of SF experience. But was with 25ID in 2006 in Iraq. If anybody could help me figure this out. I would greatly appreciate it.
He is probably meaning 10 years of time in Army, but spent the majority of time in SF? If you want specific, ask him how many years he was on an ODA.
Old 25 May 2013, 16:53
Authorized Personnel

I retired in 2003 and maybe it's a new animal but .... I've never heard of "Group PSD".

But more importantly -

What is it you hope to gain/accomplish from "figuring it out"?
Old 25 May 2013, 16:57
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I retired in 2003 and maybe it's a new animal but .... I've never heard of "Group PSD".

But more importantly -

What is it you hope to gain/accomplish from "figuring it out"?
Two of the guys on my ODA volunteered for the Group Commanders PSD detail in theater Lots of time to go to the gym, play X-Box, and convert to Islam. Wait, scratch that. That's for people in prison
Old 25 May 2013, 17:50
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Two of the guys on my ODA volunteered for the Group Commanders PSD detail in theater
Got it, thanks. The more I thought about it I kind of figured it was something along that line.
Old 27 May 2013, 01:15
Been There Done That

A Grp Cdr rates a PSD? WTF??? In case someone cuts in line at the Green Bean?
Old 27 May 2013, 10:33
Been There Done That

I remember once at the Camp Victory Chow Hall in Iraq, seeing an Army General with his whole PSD team pulling up to the DFAC and then placed in strategic positions near his dining table.

And then just several table over was a USMC general sitting alone eating peacefully, with just his 9mm.

I remember this clearly, as the guy I was eating with was our PM who was a USMC EOD vet, who proceeded to give me crap the rest of the day about how the Army brass was all a bunch of dog and pony show pansy, compared to the Corps.
Old 27 May 2013, 23:46
RIP Cass and SOTB

I guess my accomplishment would be to tell him he is full of shit in front of the people he likes to act like a hero for. He doesn't really represent the green berets well, and is surely not a quiet professional in either sense of the word. He says he was never with an ODA, only worked with the "group psd".
Old 27 May 2013, 23:51
RIP Cass and SOTB

Also, my friend recognized him as a recruiter for the national guard, but he says he was 2bn/3sfg. I'm really confused. So I came to the experts who I truly believe have btdt. Happy memorial day and thank you all for your service.
Old 28 May 2013, 07:34
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickmanc View Post
I guess my accomplishment would be to tell him he is full of shit in front of the people he likes to act like a hero for. He doesn't really represent the green berets well, and is surely not a quiet professional in either sense of the word. He says he was never with an ODA, only worked with the "group psd".
There have been those in SF, who were 18 series but never on a ODA. Though rare it happens. I know when I first went to 1st Group, 20 years ago, one 18Es were assigned to the Commo Shop and IIRC one to two 18Bs were put on the B Team or C Team waiting for a slot on an ODA (as at that time 18Bs were over strength). And know of an 18D who was on a ODA for like only 1 week, then was reassigned to the Group Medical Clinic (due to family issues) and then later re-assigned as a 18D instructor (his wife took off and he was left with raising his children, thus he - a great trooper - was assigned to 18D positions where he did not have to deploy).

I am not saying this co-worker of yours is telling the truth or not, just putting that out there.

But I have also ran into others who have claimed they were SF, but after a bit of probing come to find out they were in a support MOS that was temporarily assigned to, or worked with, SF and not actually SF qualified.
Old 28 May 2013, 09:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
I remember once at the Camp Victory Chow Hall in Iraq, seeing an Army General with his whole PSD team pulling up to the DFAC and then placed in strategic positions near his dining table.

And then just several table over was a USMC general sitting alone eating peacefully, with just his 9mm.

I remember this clearly, as the guy I was eating with was our PM who was a USMC EOD vet, who proceeded to give me crap the rest of the day about how the Army brass was all a bunch of dog and pony show pansy, compared to the Corps.
I was at VBC from 2008-2010 (contractor) and the entry above reminded me of a general who, in the same DFAC, made an entire table get up and leave so he and his entourage could eat together. The general I'm referring to had PSD with him as well.

Last edited by flb3; 28 May 2013 at 09:22. Reason: Grammar
Old 28 May 2013, 11:54
BTDT

He also could be a guy on AD who got his long tab revoked and then went National Guard. I've seen and heard about Guard SF Guys getting their tabs revoked.
Old 30 May 2013, 21:20
RIP Cass and SOTB

Thanks for the Intel leopard. I will keep all this in mind. Thanks for your service. I've also heard of guard guys getting their tabs revoked. What is the reason for that? Failure to perform?
Old 30 May 2013, 21:57
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flb3
I was at VBC from 2008-2010 (contractor) and the entry above reminded me of a general who, in the same DFAC, made an entire table get up and leave so he and his entourage could eat together....
I fucking love being a civvie -- granted, I would have had to get up and move when I was on VBC as a civvie, so don't get me wrong -- I'm not posturing -- but here in MY world? HAHAHAHA....
Old 30 May 2013, 22:58
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by flb3 View Post
I was at VBC from 2008-2010 (contractor) and the entry above reminded me of a general who, in the same DFAC, made an entire table get up and leave so he and his entourage could eat together. The general I'm referring to had PSD with him as well.
When General Crocker ran the New Iraqi Army Training Program he had a PSD team (all Brits). We used to laugh at how they were only there to protect him from the American contractors training the NIA! He would go running with the whole silly-ass scene of his PSD team, 2 up-armored Yukes, the whole damn thing....on base with just Big Green and the NIA troops to be afraid of. Not long after that was when he walked in to our barracks and saw some shit on Jerry Zovko and his room-mate's door he didn't like and sent the room mate home for making fun of him. That's when I realized why he needed a PSD team!
Old 31 May 2013, 11:36
RIP Cass and SOTB

So, it seems from the above posts, that this guy is not high speed at all then
Old 18 June 2013, 01:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
He is probably meaning 10 years of time in Army, but spent the majority of time in SF? If you want specific, ask him how many years he was on an ODA.
working this BC.

HickC is an AMMS instructor. Pretty hard to mistake the intent behind this CV:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg -1.jpg (35.1 KB, 341 views)

~D-6606~
Old 18 June 2013, 13:14
Rocket Man

Hickman if this guy was there during that time period as PSD filling the position he stated then I would either know home from group or may have been one of his instructors. I know for sure that there is another guy here on the board that would have almost certainly went to the 18B course around the same time.

Our new posting rules