SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 20 August 2015, 16:33
Been There Done That

Green Beret kicked out for standing up for child rape victim

Has anyone else seen this or know Martland? I am hoping this gains some traction with the right folks. QMP is the new four letter word around the Regiment right now, even for minor infractions.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015.../?intcmp=hpbt1
“The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.” -William F. Butler
Old 20 August 2015, 16:40
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo72 View Post
Has anyone else seen this or know Martland? I am hoping this gains some traction with the right folks. QMP is the new four letter word around the Regiment right now, even for minor infractions.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015.../?intcmp=hpbt1
Four-letter word? SOP is only three letters. CYA is also only three.
Old 20 August 2015, 16:45
Been There Done That

It was a boy the police chief raped. Can't get in the way of man love Thursday nights, that would be gay-bashing.

Hell, he should have shot the POS and SFC Martland should have been given a medal.

Seriously, this shit better get dismissed. Glad to see Rep. Hunter going to bat for him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 20 August 2015, 16:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Four-letter word? SOP is only three letters. CYA is also only three.
I guess I failed you in my comment, next time I will insert the sarcasm and smart ass emoticon.
“The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.” -William F. Butler
Old 20 August 2015, 16:55
Been There Done That

WTF was he supposed to do to the police chief?? Hug him and tell him its ok to be a raging pedophile homo?? This is a crock of shit at the highest levels. We are supposed to be standing up for the little guy.

Sigh...De Opresso Liber takes on a whole new meaning.

Last edited by Boyo72; 20 August 2015 at 17:02. Reason: SP
Old 20 August 2015, 17:35
In Vino Veritas

IMO SF is really good at the "Oppressing" part when it comes to SF soldiers. I wonder why you never hear about this in NSW, MARSOC, and AFSOC...
Old 20 August 2015, 18:19
Been There Done That

According to the article, the NCO's career was reviewed by an Army Qualitative Management Program board. If he was relieved for cause (RFC), it was documented in his official record. A RFC notation is enough to kick him out of the Army; especially during a drawn-down like the Army is under going right now.

I think it's obvious that the circumstances of the RFC should play a role in retaining an outstanding NCO. I'd like to know what the Regiment is doing to keep him on active duty.
Old 20 August 2015, 18:37
On the Extract Bird

I have reached out to many within my mil community and encouraged them to spread the word and call their Congressmen. If the Army has wondered why they are having such trouble getting special people to do special jobs, this is a good indicator or why.

Good luck to the SF community in helping this outstanding NCO.
Old 20 August 2015, 18:59
#AllLionsMatter

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
IMO SF is really good at the "Oppressing" part when it comes to SF soldiers. I wonder why you never hear about this in NSW, MARSOC, and AFSOC...
I'm a tad-bit older than you and probably served in one of the units you have?

No harm no foul however, SF has been at the DOL mantra for awhile...

During Katrina, we were activated and several of us had to give up $500+ a day and serve as soldiers. We do what we do and worry about it later....
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 20 August 2015, 19:51
Old and Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
According to the article, the NCO's career was reviewed by an Army Qualitative Management Program board. If he was relieved for cause (RFC), it was documented in his official record. A RFC notation is enough to kick him out of the Army; especially during a drawn-down like the Army is under going right now.

I think it's obvious that the circumstances of the RFC should play a role in retaining an outstanding NCO. I'd like to know what the Regiment is doing to keep him on active duty.
SOF isn't drawing down, so this is a loss for the Army.
Old 20 August 2015, 20:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Word. They have these really expensively produced propaganda films they use to terrorize us with now- at WOAC they showed them- where they literally have a skit where a Colonel straight up rips the tab off a young Captain and goes "how does that feel??" before launching into a vingette about a whole team losing their tabs because of an incident with pussy in LATAM. Which starts out hilariously with a woman yelling "Pendejo!" and throwing rocks at a team house.

there are several more skits where they tell horror stories of justice metted out to SF guys for various atrocities. It just made me yet again think that if I had to do it all over again, I'd just do something else.
19 Oct 2017
Old 20 August 2015, 20:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Word. They have these really expensively produced propaganda films they use to terrorize us with now- at WOAC they showed them- where they literally have a skit where a Colonel straight up rips the tab off a young Captain and goes "how does that feel??" before launching into a vingette about a whole team losing their tabs because of an incident with pussy in LATAM. Which starts out hilariously with a woman yelling "Pendejo!" and throwing rocks at a team house.

there are several more skits where they tell horror stories of justice metted out to SF guys for various atrocities. It just made me yet again think that if I had to do it all over again, I'd just do something else.
Is that the new educational reform in SF?

As for MARSOC, NSW, AFSOC...even Regiment! There's plenty of buddy-fucking going on there too, HM. Guys getting in trouble for killing too many people, not looking somber when they come off target, being told they're pieces of shit and not special etc.

It's the cycle that seems to happen when the politicians ensure that they can get rid of the guys who're actually good at the job so that they don't promote up. That way everyone's always in accord and the bosses are happy.

Kind of sounds like my last work place!

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 20 August 2015, 20:30
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I'm a tad-bit older than you and probably served in one of the units you have?

No harm no foul however, SF has been at the DOL mantra for awhile...

During Katrina, we were activated and several of us had to give up $500+ a day and serve as soldiers. We do what we do and worry about it later....
DAFQ? I've given up over 70k to go to a JRTC rotation for two or three weeks that was a complete fucking waste of my time. I've compromised my financial health more than a few times for .mil events. Yea, I've been very fortunate and am straddling the fence with the NG and trying not live on the streets. I've had two very respected members here, and personal mentors, tell me that at some point you have to take care of yourself. When does that happen, when you ETS

My personal opinion, from where I sit, is that the leadership, or lack thereof, is self-serving, 100% percent. That's all I'll say on that. Maybe you misread my sarcasm?
Old 20 August 2015, 20:50
Been There Done That

Quote:
DAFQ? I've given up over 70k to go to a JRTC rotation for two or three weeks that was a complete fucking waste of my time. I've compromised my financial health more than a few times for .mil events. Yea, I've been very fortunate and am straddling the fence with the NG and trying not live on the streets. I've had two very respected members here, and personal mentors, tell me that at some point you have to take care of yourself. When does that happen, when you ETS

My personal opinion, from where I sit, is that the leadership, or lack thereof, is self-serving, 100% percent. That's all I'll say on that. Maybe you misread my sarcasm?
How does one give up 70k for a lousy JRTC rotation?

After a combat deployment basically cost me a solid job that I had for 5 years, I made a promise to myself that the NG would henceforth always take a backseat to my real job. This causes butthurt in some NG guys who have never taken off the gravel suit, living perpetually off the teat of stupid counter-narcotics funds or whatever, but so what. They keep wondering why I don't want to mobilize for a 5th time, furrowing their brows in a vain attempt to comprehend that the reserve forces were meant to be a one-time national emergency call up, not a one third of your life state of purgatory where you can't have a real career.
19 Oct 2017
Old 20 August 2015, 23:57
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
My personal opinion, from where I sit, is that the leadership, or lack thereof, is self-serving, 100% percent.
That is part of the issue, and is found in all institutions. What makes things so bad now is the absolute lack of integrity, courage, and honor which pervades the senior ranks of the SF Regiment (officer, Warrant, and NCO).
Old 21 August 2015, 00:58
#AllLionsMatter

Thumbs up Amen!!!

Quote:

Like I said: "No harm, no foul!"

I'll never get upset at a person who says; "I gave it my all...it's time too move on with my life."
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 21 August 2015, 02:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
How does one give up 70k for a lousy JRTC rotation?

This causes butthurt in some NG guys who have never taken off the gravel suit, living perpetually off the teat of stupid counter-narcotics funds or whatever, but so what. .
Blasphemy!! First rule of the Florida CD Program is not too talk about the FL CD Program...and never talk about it as a teat, otherwise folks will misread this and assume tens of GBs built careers and retirements off of doing nothing all day, well except dipping and playing Red Alert (dating myself).

Otherwise ZeroSix hope you are well. Me and Mr. Jensen are in Germany now.
Old 21 August 2015, 08:06
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twogun View Post
Blasphemy!! First rule of the Florida CD Program is not too talk about the FL CD Program...and never talk about it as a teat, otherwise folks will misread this and assume tens of GBs built careers and retirements off of doing nothing all day, well except dipping and playing Red Alert (dating myself).

Otherwise ZeroSix hope you are well. Me and Mr. Jensen are in Germany now.
LOL. Hey, I wouldn't talk shit, but I had a certain SGM (with awesome hair) not understand why I couldn't plan a JCET from my living room couch, since there is amazingly not SIPR drop there, as well as another E-8 on the "CAG-DODA" tell me that "The only reason why you have the job you do is because of this unit", and I was like "motherfucker, what about YOU?" when he couldn't understand why I had to miss drill for work.

Tell Jensen I said hi.
19 Oct 2017
Old 21 August 2015, 08:29
Been There Done That

So let me get this right, the chain of command is not only defending a child rapist, but they are actually working hard to punish this warrior for pushing one to the ground?

At some level in his chain of command sits a disgusting piece of crap.
I wonder what that turds name is?

Please say this type of thing hasn't become ingrained in special operations command for more than a small group of ring knocking ass kissers...
Old 21 August 2015, 09:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavid View Post
So let me get this right, the chain of command is not only defending a child rapist, but they are actually working hard to punish this warrior for pushing one to the ground?

At some level in his chain of command sits a disgusting piece of crap.
I wonder what that turds name is?

Please say this type of thing hasn't become ingrained in special operations command for more than a small group of ring knocking ass kissers...
I want the name of the boot-licking lapdog from the conventional unit who actually entertained the complaint of the Afghan and dimed out the SF guy. He needs to be Doxxed so he can feel the weight of internet vigilante justice.

And how does a helicopter just show up randomly a day later and take them away? Doesn't a 15-6 have to be initiated before somebody can be relieved, rather than on the basis of an accusation?
19 Oct 2017

Our new posting rules