SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 3 November 2003, 21:35

DEP College First. Grad in March, 2004. RENO to 18X shortly after.
Old 4 November 2003, 12:52
Tomiss
Visitor

18x'er

DEP'ed in and scheduled to leave Dec 30 '03. Also an old timer (27).
Old 5 November 2003, 13:10
Probationary User

18X'er

DEP Ship out Jan. 5 2004
Old 11 November 2003, 14:26
Royalsof
Visitor

Well ... I have been looking at this forum for a while and have not tagged in yet (maybe 1 or 2 notes but I can't remember) So wanted to post up my stats.... heading in on 05 Jan 2004 to... and like some others on here I am a little older..will be 27 after a month in BCT... Lots of good info in on these threads! Thanks all.
Old 11 November 2003, 14:38
Special Forces
Visitor

Good to see that some of you have followed instructions and lurked. That ability to follow instructions and keep a low profile (being the Gray Man), should help you immeasurably during your training.

I am frankly surprised at the number of you doing that. The ones doing all of the talking had convinced me that they were the majority.

Congratulations to all of you. You are about to embark on a journey that will change your lives, the way you see others, and the way you see the world.

TR
Old 11 November 2003, 15:38
Royalsof
Visitor

Yes... I did note the instructions to 'lurk' for a while and there an plenty of ready meterial available on this site to keep you busy while you injest info. I am coming up with a few more questions now that my 8 month wait as dwendled to a month and a half so I thought I would interduce myself and and also let you guys know that I am honored to get the oppertunity to join the ranks of the elite... although I am sure something outside my control will DQ me before I get there. I am also comming up with a few questions as my time grows shorter that I will get around to asking after a bit. But it seems as if some on this site can do a pretty good job at jumping down the throat of an FNG like myself it my appearence is new... so maybe I can inlist some of the vast infomation you BTDT's have to offer in a few days... Happy Vet's day to you all as well.
Old 11 November 2003, 21:50
Confirmed User

Almost done

18xer, finishing up my last month of language school, then SERE, and then 5th. I've done my best to keep low profile and pay attention to the BTDT's. This site has been a great source for information and guidance since I started this journey almost 2 years ago. I wish all the guys just starting out the best of luck. Have fun with it.... it won't suck all the time.

"More is accomplished by a handshake and a weapon than either one by itself."
Old 13 November 2003, 16:13
Royalsof
Visitor

I have a quick question that I have not seen (even after using the search) real clearly nailed down here... given that you make it though SFSA... when do you get the signing bonus? Will it be in time to help with of moving the family to Ft Bragg for the PCS?

Also can someone provide a link to the thread about boots and conditioning your feet.. I have seen the thread before but I am having some trouble relocating it and I did 12 miles of a 15 mile ruck the other day in wet socks and new boots giving me an urgent need to reread that thread.

Thanks in advance
Old 13 November 2003, 16:34
Authorized Personnel

i think that this is the one you are looking for:
http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/show...threadid=21151
or this one
http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/show...threadid=23451

searching on Foot Care is a tough nut to crack....
Old 13 November 2003, 17:39
Going back

Quote:
Originally posted by GackMan
searching on Foot Care is a tough nut to crack....
LMAO!

- Blue Skies Big Windy 25

- Are you suffering from brain damage? I seriously want to know. If so, I will quit making fun of you. - Joe
Old 13 November 2003, 20:38
NEW TO SOCNET

Quote:
Originally posted by Royalsof
I have a quick question that I have not seen (even after using the search) real clearly nailed down here... given that you make it though SFSA... when do you get the signing bonus? Will it be in time to help with of moving the family to Ft Bragg for the PCS?
Oh no he didn't! He did not ask about bonus money three months before he gets on the bus. Reaper, could you please try to have the bonus baby met when he shows up by one of our mutual aquaintences. CSM Joe or some such? I would appreciate it.

The US Constitution is not a suicide pact.

If you miss your ex frequently, consider better optics for your rifle.

"The baby will be slippery, if you drop it don't stare, PICK IT UP !!!" - OB/GYN Wisdom
Old 13 November 2003, 20:56
Been There Done That

BONUS!!
Old 14 November 2003, 01:23
Special Forces
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sneaky SF Dude
Oh no he didn't! He did not ask about bonus money three months before he gets on the bus. Reaper, could you please try to have the bonus baby met when he shows up by one of our mutual aquaintences. CSM Joe or some such? I would appreciate it.
WILCO. Will have the Black Chinook warming up.

Royalsof, congratulations, you just made our list. No Gray Man award for you.

Too lazy to do your own search, greedy, and need a spell checker as well. Not looking too promising, so far.

Of course, the way you are going to this point, I doubt that we will see you at SFAS. Not sure what the "SFSA" you referered to is, but if you show up there, I hope you like it.

Good luck regardless.

RR, nice bonus. LMMFAO.

TR
Old 14 November 2003, 09:23
Royalsof
Visitor

Wow... I made the shit list for asking about the Bonus? So be it I guess... It would not have felt right if I was not in someones cross hairs.

Lazy?- No excuses.. should have tried something besides "breaking in new boots" in the search. I will enjoy proving my work ethic... if given the chance.

Greedy? - NO! But I can't prove otherwise at point... I was trying to nail down some questions and timeframes for my wife... who thinks joining up is a bad $$ move for me anyway... But what I really want is to serve... Do you even have time to spend money if your in SF? It doesn't seem like a job for someone who likes to live high on the hog to me. Are you telling me that there are actually people that do SF for the money? I bet thats kind of funny when they are on a 40 mile ruck in BFE with 110 lbs on their back. I except the shit list for this one... didn't mean to sound like I was doing it for the money... that pisses me off after I think about it to... I guess there again...I will let my ethics, honor, and my desire to serve my country do the leg work on proving that if you guys get to meet me. I know I got lucky getting the 18X contract... I would have done the worse job in the army if I had to just to wear my Country's Uniform.

Spelling?... Nope... can't spell worth shit...probably gets worse when I start trying to watch my spelling.

hope I get still get a little bit of a chance when I get there.
Old 14 November 2003, 09:28
Authorized Personnel

Damn Royalsof!

You might want to clean your boots.

SFC Ski:

That shits funny...no reference to the above intended...LMAO

James D
Old 14 November 2003, 10:17
Royalsof
Visitor

Things that give SF reasons to smoke you:

Bonus Questions: Check
Apperence of evil: Check
Apperence of Lazyness: Check
Spelling: Check
Something I said above... Check

Thanks for the lesson humility and the importance of forethought...

Understand the importence of any 'gray man' comment: Check

Returning to 'lurk mode' before becoming resident SF Shit wipe:
Check
Old 14 November 2003, 10:38
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally posted by Royalsof
Things that give SF reasons to smoke you:

You forgot the all encompassing GP.

General Purposes.

James D
Old 2 December 2003, 16:23

ship date: 040506 (May 6th), out of Phoenix.

start date: 040514 (May 14th).
Old 4 December 2003, 01:39
Probationary User

checking in

I have lurked on this site for years now and finally i'm closing in on my goal, largely in part to the excellent personnel and information from this site. I just wanted to thank the BTDT's for their excellent advice (from the numerous late night searches I have done), I aced the asvab and now I have a semester of school to finish and more PT before I go in june. Once again thanks.

PS "Slapme" PM me maybe we can get together here in the ATX for some PT
Old 4 December 2003, 17:08
FNG

PM sent. I haven't signed a contract yet. my recruiter has sent my physical to the airborne or SF headquarters I don't remember which. Basically he's trying to get their surgeon to sign off on me for my vision waiver so I can qualify for airborne and SF training.

I should hear something this week or next.

Our new posting rules