Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > H2H Combat

Old 23 August 2017, 03:25
Confirmed User

Jon Jones, you idiot

UFC 214 urine sample tested positive for steroid.
This could be it for him. What a waste of talent.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.c...title-stripped
Old 23 August 2017, 06:37
Been There Done That

hahaha his camp is going to "analyze" everything to see where the "contamination" could have come from.

I agree, JJ has amazing genetics, speed and abilities but he's pissing away a solid gold future.
No amount of talent can overcome a broken brain.
Old 23 August 2017, 07:59
Confirmed User

What a shame. He could've been the best to ever do it.

This could be the end of his career.
Old 23 August 2017, 10:15
Confirmed User

Well maybe that is how he got that good.

Winston Churchill
Old 23 August 2017, 10:25
Renuo Victima Esse

Until the rules are changed - he is now just another cheater - nothing more-nothing less.
Old 23 August 2017, 10:29
Administrator

Having had some recent experience with people testing hot for steroids, it is not a black and white thing. Lot's of over-the-counter meds contain steroids of some type that can show a positive result. Allergy nose sprays are a prime example. Also, had one of my guys come back with a positive result, and then two days later they test again and say he is negative and has Low-T levels. Not saying that is the case here, just that it isn't as cut and dry as a regular drug test for opioids etc.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 23 August 2017, 12:12
Authorized Personnel

I've had a few steroid tests over the years and always found them amusing. Anybody that knows me should be able to give me the "eye" test and know I'm not on the juice.
Old 23 August 2017, 13:03
Social Claymore

Gsniper, outside of sanctioned sports, why give a random steroid test in the military or civilian sector( which is what it seems like you and Sharky are taking about)? If I'm not mistaking , they are extremely expensive compared to 5 and 8 panel tests.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 23 August 2017, 13:06
Authorized Personnel

Roids have long been a problem in the contracting world. Not so much now as it once was circa mid 2000's. DOS started doing some steroid testing somewhere around 2010ish.
Old 23 August 2017, 13:13
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Roids have long been a problem in the contracting world. Not so much now as it once was circa mid 2000's. DOS started doing some steroid testing somewhere around 2010ish.
Makes sense , thank you

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 23 August 2017, 13:46
BTDT

I am all for steroids in pro-sports. I WANT to see the show-pony hit a 500 foot home run from a check swing. I WANT to see a running back drive through a wall of flesh on his way into the end zone.

-I want to see a line backer leave a crater on the field when he sacks the QB.
-I want to see fighters turn each other into liquid commensurate with the amount of pre-fight shit that they talk.
-I want to see an 8 second 100 yard dash.
-I want to see someone do the 100 meter butterfly in under 30 seconds !!!

...and I don't give two shits about the health and welfare of the athlete that performs such epic feats of human performance. Athletes know the consequences of drug use and clearly THEY don't give a shit or they wouldn't work so hard to hide the abuse. I also don't care to hear people blather on about "drugs"

Recreational drug use and all that jazz - Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt can smoke weed, and its ok - they are treated like fine examples of what a hero should be...
...then why cant these fucking athletes pump themselves full of gym-candy without people being so fucking hypocritical about it?

Barry Bonds started his major league career looking a few pounds heavier than a high school athlete - then suddenly, even his neck had biceps and he started hitting home-runs that landed in different zip codes.
...and people REALLY thought it was because he cleaned up his diet and started lifting weights in the off season?

selective outrage in America is becoming more entertaining with every moon phase
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 23 August 2017, 13:52
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Having had some recent experience with people testing hot for steroids, it is not a black and white thing. Lot's of over-the-counter meds contain steroids of some type that can show a positive result. Allergy nose sprays are a prime example. Also, had one of my guys come back with a positive result, and then two days later they test again and say he is negative and has Low-T levels. Not saying that is the case here, just that it isn't as cut and dry as a regular drug test for opioids etc.
IIRC, after his first positive test he blamed it on "male enhancement" supplements.
He has a team of guys who should know what OTC drugs and supplements will cause a positive test.

I hope there is some mistake and we'll get to see him fight again.
Old 23 August 2017, 15:09
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt can smoke weed, and its ok - they are treated like fine examples of what a hero should be......then why cant these fucking athletes pump themselves full of gym-candy without people being so fucking hypocritical about it?
I don't think anyone who's not smoking weed believes it a performance enhancing drug......

Performance enhancing drug = cheat. Period. Fuck moral ambiguity.

Completely agree with Sharky above. If you have a piss test in your future, no nasal sprays.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".
Old 23 August 2017, 15:10
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
I am all for steroids in pro-sports. I WANT to see the show-pony hit a 500 foot home run from a check swing. I WANT to see a running back drive through a wall of flesh on his way into the end zone.

-I want to see a line backer leave a crater on the field when he sacks the QB.
-I want to see fighters turn each other into liquid commensurate with the amount of pre-fight shit that they talk.
-I want to see an 8 second 100 yard dash.
-I want to see someone do the 100 meter butterfly in under 30 seconds !!!

...and I don't give two shits about the health and welfare of the athlete that performs such epic feats of human performance. Athletes know the consequences of drug use and clearly THEY don't give a shit or they wouldn't work so hard to hide the abuse. I also don't care to hear people blather on about "drugs"

Recreational drug use and all that jazz - Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt can smoke weed, and its ok - they are treated like fine examples of what a hero should be...
...then why cant these fucking athletes pump themselves full of gym-candy without people being so fucking hypocritical about it?

Barry Bonds started his major league career looking a few pounds heavier than a high school athlete - then suddenly, even his neck had biceps and he started hitting home-runs that landed in different zip codes.
...and people REALLY thought it was because he cleaned up his diet and started lifting weights in the off season?

selective outrage in America is becoming more entertaining with every moon phase
To that end, instead of Nike swooshes and the like they can sell advertising space on their uniforms to companies like Eli Lilly, Pfizer and Merck.

There is definitely a lot of hypocrisy when it comes to drugs and sports. I thought it was illustrated pretty good in the movie North Dallas Forty, but you could also see it in the media going all bananas over the juicing in MLB.

Of course none of them would ever think to hold MLB executives responsible, even though most of them knew about it at its height, especially when Mark McGwire and Sammy "Swingin' For The Fences" Sosa were going back and forth in their home run battle.

Which is why somebody like Bud Selig, who shouldn't be anywhere near the HoF, gets voted in by the baseball writers while the guys who were hitting the homers and getting people interested in baseball again after the baseball strike ended the season in '94 will never get in.
Old 23 August 2017, 15:12
Renuo Victima Esse

I care less if athletes use performance enhancing drugs, but if they do, they should all use them or compete in events will "natural" athletes only. If they use them now as rules stand, then they are cheating pusballs.
Old 23 August 2017, 15:13
Confirmed User

It is baffling that Jones would test positive for Turinabol on the day of weigh in. It just doesn't make sense that anyone who is tested and knows they will be tested would take Turinabol. The test to detect it has been used actively since 2016. Information on Turinabol is that it can stay in your system for almost a year. It is a low dose long term usage steroid. Right now the information appears to be too limited to make any judgement, but on the surface it is baffling.

I hope they go back and test previous samples as well as his B Sample and the post fight sample.

If true I hope he gets a lifetime ban. If it is false I hope they learn to keep their mouth shut until there is a definitive result.

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 23 August 2017, 16:24
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
No way! Your kidding, right?
Quote:
I am all for steroids in pro-sports.
Fucking A. They're making millions of dollars; earn it.
Old 23 August 2017, 17:54
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelocks View Post
It is baffling that Jones would test positive for Turinabol on the day of weigh in. It just doesn't make sense that anyone who is tested and knows they will be tested would take Turinabol. The test to detect it has been used actively since 2016. Information on Turinabol is that it can stay in your system for almost a year. It is a low dose long term usage steroid. Right now the information appears to be too limited to make any judgement, but on the surface it is baffling.

I hope they go back and test previous samples as well as his B Sample and the post fight sample.

If true I hope he gets a lifetime ban. If it is false I hope they learn to keep their mouth shut until there is a definitive result.
The only way it makes sense outside of pure dumbassery, is if he and/or his handlers thought they could mask the roids and beat the test.
Old 24 August 2017, 10:01
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
The only way it makes sense outside of pure dumbassery, is if he and/or his handlers thought they could mask the roids and beat the test.
It could be that simple.

UFC may also be complicit as well. When Jones popped for cocaine before UFC 182 they let his fight go on. Naturally they wanted the pay off and burned him for the violation afterwards. This may be another example. If Jones popped on any earlier test did they wait till after the fight to make their money first?

Did that masking work on the previous 7 tests he had during 2017? Did the test after the fight show the same results?

Information on Turinabol, is that it stays in your system for over 200 days. It should be in the other tests then right?

The reporting raises more questions rather than settle the issue.

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 24 August 2017, 16:21
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelocks View Post
Information on Turinabol, is that it stays in your system for over 200 days. It should be in the other tests then right?

The reporting raises more questions rather than settle the issue.
Absolutely. Don't they use gas chromatography for 'roid tests?

As other have noted, there a lot of spillover from pro wrestling to the UFC, I wouldn't be surprised if this was just Dana White playing the drama.....

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".

Our new posting rules