Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 25 April 2018, 20:13
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
Almost astonished that someone can be that ignorant.
That's a day in the life of a patrol cop these days....and that was very low on the scale for potential ignorance that's dealt with daily.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 26 April 2018, 08:25
Important nobody

Back in the 80's I was on the Garden State Parkway. Stopped a guy for doing about 80 all over the place. Gets out of the car and starts screaming that he worked for the Comptroller of NYC and needed to get going. Wouldn't stay in the car as I was checking his license, etc. Walked into the slow lane and wouldn't shut up. Had enough and hooked him up, impounded the car and took the wife back to the barracks where she cooled her heels and waited for him to post bail. Self important all right.....paid for more than he bargained for.
Old 26 April 2018, 10:19
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Here's a tame one, but still a goodie...

I stopped a car for failure to signal getting onto the interstate. As I'm telling the guy why I stopped him, he tells me he's a Supreme Court Justice out of NYC... The guy is close to 60 years old. I say okay, and walk back to my car. I had full intentions of writing him a warning, and had begun doing just that.

Well, that's when his mother gets out of the back seat, comes back to my window and tells me how it is such a shame that I am not out catching murders and rapists, but am instead, out here harassing her son for something stupid. She goes on to tell me how he's a Harvard graduate, and an attorney, and on and on, and that I am somehow ruining their trip to PA and that they are never coming back. The whole time, I see dude watching this through his rear view...
After she finishes her tirade, I tell her to go wait in the car. As dude watches, I lift the warning up so he can see it, and tear it in half. Then the ticket... When I go up, he says "You were writing me a warning huh?" Yup. Next time, please keep your mother in the car.

He paid.

Had another guy flash a gold badge that actually said NYPD Honor Guard on it. (Pre 9/11) Told me he worked for the NYPD. Told me he was a cop. Called me "brother" and whatnot... Was in a hurry and needed to go. Got pretty irate about it. I told him to wait, while I checked on him... Had dispatch call NYPD... Turns out, he was a security guard in a building that the NYPD had an office in. Not a cop. Got hooked for impersonating a police officer, car towed, placed in jail. All over a $89 ticket for speeding... and being a douche about it. I still have that badge... plus a lot of others... Wonder how many tickets he got out of that way...

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 26 April 2018, 11:26
Pirate and Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
I was sooooo hoping that the cop was going to get fed up, slap her with a disorderly and cuff her in front of her daughter and friends. The smaller cops face was priceless. Almost astonished that someone can be that ignorant.
He should of when she dropped the "F" bomb. What amazing restraint on those two officers. I know plenty of guys that would of put up with that shit for about 90 seconds and then arrested her dumb ass

Stupid should be a medical diagnosis - Texan

Being smart does not guarantee success, but being stupid practically guarantees failure - GSniper
Old 26 April 2018, 12:12
Life is simple, not easy.

My brother is truly one of the nicest guys around. Good person, really good cop, can handle himself well when things turn south, just an all around good dude.

3 years ago just when he was about to retire he floored me with "brother I am so sick of people in general." Shit like this is why, and he lives 20mi east of Cleveland in a suburb.

bravodelta: "If they start taxing lapdances, I think I'll call it quits and become a chaplain."
Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 26 April 2018, 12:27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I thought it was going to get good when the big cop asked her to please step back that he had retreated as far back as he could go, but alas, cooler heads prevailed.

He said that specifically to document it on audio and video in case things escalated. You can tell that both officers were very much aware that this was all being recorded and in their heads I bet they were grinning their asses off as they fed her rope and she tied the noose for herself.

Glad she was fired and I hope she is eating out of a dumpster, but I seriously doubt it. She runs in a crowd where she will be taken care of and next time she will just be more careful about showing her true colors.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 26 April 2018, 13:33
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

You know things are going downhill when the person berating you keeps mentioning that the people you have pulled over are MIT grads and PhD candidates.

I just watched a chunk of the unedited hour long video of their encounter, definitely tylenol worthy.
Old 26 April 2018, 14:12
Bitter old man.

That bitch deserved to be tased in the pelvic girdle. Great example she set for her kid.
Old 26 April 2018, 15:25
Anesthetized User

LE did great managing this fucktard.

Winter is here again oh Lord,
Haven't been home in a year or more
I hope she holds on a little longer
Sent a letter on a long summer day
Made of silver, not of clay
I've been runnin' down this dusty road

I've been trying to make it home
Got to make it before too long
I can't take this very much longer
I'm stranded in the sleet and rain
Don't think I'm ever gonna make it home again.
Old 26 April 2018, 15:32
SOCNET Moderator

Can you imagine being married to her....
Old 26 April 2018, 15:45
Red Headed Stepchild

I love a happy ending.

The only part that is really surprising in this story is that she was held accountable for her behavior.
Old 26 April 2018, 15:50
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
Can you imagine being married to her....
Yes. The sex would be angry, abusive, nasty, but I might win in the end.

Winter is here again oh Lord,
Haven't been home in a year or more
I hope she holds on a little longer
Sent a letter on a long summer day
Made of silver, not of clay
I've been runnin' down this dusty road

I've been trying to make it home
Got to make it before too long
I can't take this very much longer
I'm stranded in the sleet and rain
Don't think I'm ever gonna make it home again.
Old 27 April 2018, 10:25
Authorized Personnel

Stay classy lady...

It has always amazed me how the people with perceived "power" are the biggest a-holes. I once pulled over a very nice, humble older guy for speeding. Issued him a ticket and he went on his way, apologizing for his speeding and "wasting my time". When my court date came around (in VA we are given monthly traffic court dates), this guy shows up. He pulls he aside and asks if it would be ok to fight the ticket because he doesn't want the points on his license. I tell him that everyone deserves their day in court, and that I will talk to the Commonwealth Attorney and ask to help him out. When the CA looks at the guys name, he informs me the guy is a much admired retired judge for the very same court.

The retired judge wouldn't allow the ticket to be thrown out, because he said he was guilty of speeding. End result, he is offered to go to driving school, and upon completion, the ticket will be dismissed. The retired judge was obviously humiliated by his actions, and his willingness to go through the motions like a regular citizen was pretty cool. Never once did he name drop, or try to sway me with his past position with the court. Refreshing...
Old 27 April 2018, 20:22
Confirmed User

You want cameras? Ok. You asked for it.
Old 27 April 2018, 23:44
Oppressor of the people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front_Sight_Bang View Post
I This happens ALL the time, and I LOVE getting under these people’s skin. It is quite possibly the most fun you can have with clothes on. “Do you know who I am?!?” is the fastest way to jail known to man, and/or the quickest way for me to tell you to pound sand if you aren’t the arrestee.
And lets not for get other classics such as "I know the mayor/chief/Sheriff", or "I pay your salary!", and my all time favorite, "I appoint judges in this town!"
Old 28 April 2018, 10:36
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
You want cameras? Ok. You asked for it.
Excately. I've had to eat my hat a little bit with my disdain for body cameras. They are extremely useful, especially with situations like this.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 28 April 2018, 12:00
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootall View Post
Stay classy lady...

It has always amazed me how the people with perceived "power" are the biggest a-holes.
"Most people can handle adversity, if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln

Can you imagine being married to her? No, not at all. She's probably not married, or "married" to some soft handed, manling nance who's never put her in her place. She needs a heavy dose of the D, but I can't imagine the man willing to fall on that grenade.

Maybe find some E-1 fresh outta admin school or something. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 28 April 2018, 20:52
Confirmed User

All the NY-NJ Port Authority honchos who are non-law enforcement have badges??

Our new posting rules