Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 24 May 2018, 10:58
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
We've had a couple false accusations. One of which turned the officer's life upside down for years and cost him a shitload of money for a lawyer and the other which was a pain in the ass but the lack of physical evidence made it go away. As in, were the allegation true there would have had to be physical evidence and an outside agency was brought in to document that there wasn't.
I worked an investigation where a woman accused some deputies of assaulting her on a traffic stop. Both deputies quit as a result - one is still having counseling from it nearly a decade later while the other quit LE as a whole and sought counseling for a year or so. I put her in jail for it and she then plead guilty afterwords. The problem is, there aren't enough LEO's investigating those crimes. I admonish departments to do so every opportunity I get. I use to preface my meetings with departmental administrations indicating that if I find the *complainant* lied, I am arresting them and having criminal charges filed against them.
Old 24 May 2018, 11:40
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
When I saw this story the first thing I thought was that this was a cougar out on the prowl and was simply worn out after an unsuccessful hunt.

As for the Milwaukee incident, simply write him a citation, tell him to move the car and be on your way. The cops actions were clearly was over the top, but on the same token as far as I'm concerned Sterling Brown's brain has some faulty wiring for taking up not one, but two handicapped spots.

I hate people who park in handicap zones.
Old 24 May 2018, 12:53
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
as far as I'm concerned Sterling Brown's brain has some faulty wiring for taking up not one, but two handicapped spots.
Like many athletes who make it to the pro level, he has been told he is special and been an exception to the rule(s) for so long it had become his default world view. Part of me thinks that a "ride-along" on the Taser was a fair trade for taking up not one, but two handicap spots. I'll bet he doesn't do it again......

"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
between the crosses, row on row...."
Old 28 May 2018, 12:37
Time is a flat circle

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
New case involving a Texas DPS Officer being accused of rape. The usual death threats against him and family members, Dox’ing, people taking photos of his kids at the bus stop etc.

And now it appears that the “victim” actually filed an official complaint with knowingly false information. Which is a felony in Texas. In my state, it’s a felony that carries with it half the sentence of the crime you were lying about.

https://www(dot)google.com/amp/amp.f...rooper-of-rape
She won’t be charged for the flase statement due to the corrections officer not being a ”sworn law enforcement official”. First report of rape was to a corrections officer. She was then transported to the hospital were she denied medical staff the ability to conduct a rape kit.

This is the second time she has leveled accusations against an arresting officer this year.

http://dfw(dot)cbslocal.com/2018/05/23/lawyer-apologizes-dash-cam-video-trooper-rape/

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 28 May 2018, 16:51
Been There Done That

I really wish these people that falsely report of a hate crime, or falsely claim rape, are severey prosecuted. Too many time they are not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 28 May 2018, 17:21
Policeman Officer

About five years ago a Massachusetts state trooper killed himself about 36 hours after being accused of some sort of sexual offense during a traffic stop. The same woman had previously accused two other officers.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 28 May 2018, 21:35
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
I really wish these people that falsely report of a hate crime, or falsely claim rape, are severely prosecuted. Too many times they are not.
This trend started, from my recollection, with the Tawana Brawley case starring race baiting poverty pimp (I can't bring myself to call him Rev.) Al Sharpton back in 1987. Even people who remember that name and a few facts about the case often forget that one of those falsely accused was......yup, a Police officer.

"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
between the crosses, row on row...."

Our new posting rules