SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 9 June 2018, 01:53
I really don't care

The coward speaks.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/parkland...e-was-no-time/
Old 9 June 2018, 02:30
The atomic zit

^^^ Nope. Not interested..
Old 31 December 2018, 11:07
Confirmed User

Below is a damning article by the South Florida Sun Sentinel that gives a near minute-by-minute rundown of the shooting at Parkland. Very tough read; having no LEO experience I tried to take the 10,000 ft view and understand the chaos on the ground in a large complex, with nearly every unknown variable for the officers arriving on scene. But there's no excuse for languishing when they could plainly hear gunfire. I found myself yelling in my head, "activate, motherfucker!" Action sparks others to follow suit, and the inverse is painfully true in this instance.

http://projects.sun-sentinel.com/201...tical-moments/
Old 31 December 2018, 11:26
Policeman Officer

That article is making the rounds, it's excellent and damning. Broward County SO should probably just shut down.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 31 December 2018, 11:42
Been There Done That

Wow. Just wow.

The teachers appear to have did more to try to save lives than the police.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 31 December 2018, 12:00
Been There Done That

So many mistakes. So many innocent lives lost.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 31 December 2018, 12:00
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
So many mistakes. So many innocent lives lost.
I don't see any mistakes, just gross negligence and cowardice.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

Old 31 December 2018, 12:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
I don't see any mistakes, just gross negligence and cowardice.
Pisses you off. So many lives that should not have died that day.

So many that have lost their jobs but did not. One resigned and now living on a pension which is more than most of us make - living comfortably.

Old 2 January 2019, 01:55
BTDT

Low frequency and low risk (management talk) for it's not going to happen here so lets finger drill these action plans and spend the money elsewhere.
Old 2 January 2019, 03:45
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18C4V View Post
Low frequency and low risk (management talk) for it's not going to happen here so lets finger drill these action plans and spend the money elsewhere.
Based on the investigation I'm sure their active shooter "training" was literally only on paper.

Old 8 January 2019, 19:55
Time is a flat circle

https://www(DOT)foxnews.com/us/flori...i8XPqm9LtllIKU

Governor of Florida suspends the Boward County Sheriff.

Not fucking soon enough.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 8 January 2019, 19:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
https://www(DOT)foxnews.com/us/flori...i8XPqm9LtllIKU

Governor of Florida suspends the Boward County Sheriff.

Not fucking soon enough.

Old 8 January 2019, 20:03
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Glad to see you put your torch and pitch fork down a minute

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 8 January 2019, 22:26
Did...did I do that?

Updated story and headline:
Quote:
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' office on Tuesday denied that the governor officially suspended Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, following reports of the sheriff's imminent removal.

A spokesperson for DeSantis told Fox News that no one from the governor's team has had any contact with Israel or his attorneys and have not communicated to him that he'll soon be suspended.

Separately, in a statement to Fox News, Israel's attorney Stuart Kaplan said that they "have received no official word from the Governor or his office on any position with respect to the removal or suspension of the Sheriff."
Old 8 January 2019, 23:11
Policeman Officer

Too good to be true.

Old 8 January 2019, 23:32
The Sagacious One

Hopefully its at least a warning order for him.
Old 9 January 2019, 00:06
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Doubt it. If he had any honor, he would have been found post- seppuku.

My apologizes for posting shit news.

Old 9 January 2019, 00:40
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
That's what I was thinking - his team needs 1 day to prepare for the inevitable?
Old 9 January 2019, 14:46
Did...did I do that?

Whitebean, you posted what the thing said at the time. They updated it after they got more info.

This Miami Herald article says it is coming though.

Quote:
But Jeff Bell, BSO’s union chief, said Israel told his staff on Monday that his ouster was inevitable.

“We know that he is telling everyone at the public safety building that he is going to be gone,’’ said Bell, who was at DeSantis’ swearing-in ceremony in Tallahassee on Tuesday.
Old 11 January 2019, 09:34
Rocket Surgeon

Desantis is expected to suspend Sheriff Israel today. The leading contender for his replacement pending removal proceedings in the legislature: the retired Coral Springs PD Sergeant who is responsible for the training that resulted in their officers' epic, standard-setting performance in the face of BSO's cowardice and lack of will. He currently runs a training company focused on Rescue Task Force and active shooter response.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench

Our new posting rules