SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 2 June 2015, 00:20
The Sagacious One

2AHolster Gear review

I recently bought some gear from 2aholster.com and wanted to share some thoughts. I will post a pic and then some thoughts.

This is the same holster, just with and without the sweatguard. It is for a Kimber TLE II RL with a TLR-3 light, straight cant, right side OWB.

The fit and finish is very professional and top notch. The black on "pick your color" is very cool. The kydex is very thick and well finished, no scratches or melt marks anywhere. It holds this all steel 1911 with a light very tight to the body. A great piece of kit.

Just pull out these tabs and slide them over your belt. easy on and easy off.

Perhaps one of the best features is this easy on and off belt clip that allows easy placement and removal. It is used for all of the kit, mag pouches etc and solves one of my biggest bitches about holsters and mag pouches.

The Universal mag pouch is a pure stroke of genius. The tension screw is simple but effective and this pouch holds my G 36 mags and my G 21 mags. The shorter mags seem to sink down below the belt loops, but a proper "sweep the belt" reload solves this. Again fit and finish are perfect.

The rifle mag carriers has yet to see the range, unlike his sidearm brethren, but it is universal as well, both left and right and holds my 5.56, 6.8 and 7.62 x 39 AR mags.

Customer service was topnotch and I didn't have to wait a bajillion years. The pricing is surprisingly low for the quality you get. Go to 2Aholsters.com and pick up some of this great kit.

Jafo, they have that special shade of pink of which Chimo is so fond. So there's that. (Too man pictures to add a smiley)

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 2 June 2015 at 00:25.
Old 2 June 2015, 00:31
Policeman Officer

Interesting. I'm pretty tempted to get one of his car holsters and possibly a pink OWB for my girlfriend. The quality looks very good in your photos.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 2 June 2015, 00:44
Aww F**K it

I'm digging the belt clip.

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4
Old 2 June 2015, 01:18
Policeman Officer

Fuck it, I'm getting her a pink holster, mag pouch and a Glock 19 for her birthday. I'm a natural at this relationship stuff.

Edit: Done!
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth

Last edited by Massgrunt; 2 June 2015 at 01:27.
Old 2 June 2015, 08:54
Bitter old man.

Good review I'm happy with rifle mag carrier.
Holds all my AR mags including 22 LR.
Old 2 June 2015, 09:51
Shovel Whisperer

Thank you for the stellar review TFG!

Sincere thanks.
Old 2 June 2015, 20:14
Adding Chlorine

TFG and/or Litepath,

In regards to the Universal Mag Pouch as pictured. Would you simply need a different kydex shell for different types of mags?

Example 1911 one kydex and Springfield XD/Glock a second?

That simple "clip on/off" is quite an improvement over the squeaky metal clips typical to I/OWB holsters.

Not As Lean, Not As Mean, Still A Marine
YAT YAS
Old 2 June 2015, 20:23
The Sagacious One

I bought a single stack mag pouch and litepath sent me the universal pouch as well. I recommend both as the universal pouch will not hold single stack mags. I think a kydex shell would work, but I am not the mechanic.
Old 2 June 2015, 20:41
Supporterator

These mag pouches are going on my Christmas list
Old 2 June 2015, 21:05
Adding Chlorine

Thanks TFG and I will still let the mechanic answer. I imagine it is just as simple to buy one of each if needed to achieve my goal. And it may well come down to that.

Not As Lean, Not As Mean, Still A Marine
YAT YAS
Old 2 June 2015, 22:46
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDawg View Post
TFG and/or Litepath,

In regards to the Universal Mag Pouch as pictured. Would you simply need a different kydex shell for different types of mags?

Example 1911 one kydex and Springfield XD/Glock a second?

That simple "clip on/off" is quite an improvement over the squeaky metal clips typical to I/OWB holsters.
Yes. Thats all you'd need. In all honesty I simply hadn't gotten around to testing/jigging-up to ensure a ready to ship product as of this date, ie; one double mag pouch and two shells. But that is the plan. So please stay tuned on the Website or FB page when I announce that feature.

And thanks for asking! Without people asking I'd never know anyone would want it.

A bunch of folks do like the easy on/off belt clips. But I do have some repeat diehard-solid-belt-clip customers too, so each Pancake and Double Mag/AR/AK mag pouch comes with hardware to change the easy on/off to solid mount type.
Old 3 June 2015, 09:30
Bitter old man.

Litepath,I'm pretty sure I have your companies history at my house.

I need to take a pic of all of it.
Old 3 June 2015, 09:58
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Litepath,I'm pretty sure I have your companies history at my house.

I need to take a pic of all of it.
It's a wonder USPS hasn't asked me if I want a direct route GA>NH

Seriously, where would any product maker be without product testers?
Especially ones who'll take the time to mail shit back to you to adjust, etc. Most folks can't/won't spare that much time.

Last edited by litepath; 3 June 2015 at 10:11.
Old 4 June 2015, 17:09
Animal Tamer

Tom-

I'm really in need of a pancake for my G35 with RMR and X300 light. I like the single mag pouches you sent me. I will follow up in a PM with more details.
Old 4 June 2015, 19:15
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMarshal View Post
Tom-

I'm really in need of a pancake for my G35 with RMR and X300 light. I like the single mag pouches you sent me. I will follow up in a PM with more details.
Copy & thanks.
Old 12 June 2015, 08:52
Been There Done That

Have you thought of including that survey I ginned up for you with each product and posting it to the website for immediate feedback?

That way you could get feedback from the customer, register their product, and they would have access to your website for additional input after they have put some time on your gear?
Old 13 June 2015, 09:20
Shovel Whisperer

No. I haven't RGR.M

I actually prefer letting folks come and do their own thing for a review.
I italicized letting, because getting folks, even very happy customers to leave a review is relatively hard to come by. When they do, I prefer their own words vs. something guided.
Yes. I miss out on some aspects that might help me, but I also learn something each time and gain a view I didn't have or think about it seems.

Any input I receive from a customer I consider a gift.
Old 13 June 2015, 10:56
The Sagacious One

So now I have another piece of kit from 2Aholsters....

If you guys do any kind of vehicle PSD work or any kind of work at all where you carry a carbine, this hybrid holster is a great piece of kit. I wore it all day yesterday and it was totally comfortable and easy to conceal. Then we went to the range and fired about 200 rds of rifle and pistol from it. Reloading from the pistol pouches was flawless. The natural lay of this holster keeps your mags on your hip and most importantly, behind your rifle when transitioning to your side arm. Reloading from the rifle mag carrier was a natural movement and again the natural lay of the pouch puts the mag in an easy to reach location. I sometimes have trouble reaching the rear rifle mag because I have short arms, I guess because I have a little...... trouble reaching the rear mag. I did however have some trouble trying to put my rifle mags in bullet front. The mags definitely fit, so I am sure it was me, but you catch my drift.

I also had an issue with reloading the pouch and putting a pistol mag in the rifle compartment, again my issue that was easily overcome with use throughout the range session.

Take a peek.

As I carried it all day.

Old 13 June 2015, 11:59
Bitter old man.

I like that rig.
My only issue is my shoulders are so broad I can barely reach past 3 O'clock.

Conceals really well.
Old 13 June 2015, 16:12
Shovel Whisperer

w0w TFG. . . .That was fast. I hadn't even taken the time to write to you to tell you about a minor nuance or two.

First, to thank the idea guy. . . that'd be TFG! Your idea brought to life and a fantastic idea too.

In the second photo near the bottom of the two pistol mags are two threaded holes.
Those are to add included screws to, in order for compact mags to ride higher.

I also changed up the upper easy on/off tab mounts to a shorter rivet to aid that minor looseness you'd felt on the belt on the pancake. Hopefully this is better, if not included pieces are there to change it back.

Once again, great review. Nothing quite like taking gear to the field and putting it thru the paces.

Our new posting rules